Yeti is indeed being fixed! Update 8/4/2014

RSoxNo1

You all realize that we are all in the minority as uber-enthusiasts and I would guess 95% of the people have no clue that the Yeti is not operating correctly right? I think it is unlikely that the condition of the Yeti has one bit of effect on attendance or ridership.

That having been said I WOULD LOVE TO SEE IT WORKING!!! I was never lucky enough to see it operational so it is on my bucket list!
I explained this a while ago. Guests may not know what they're missing but it doesn't mean their experience wouldn't be improved significantly by the Yeti being there. Say the average guest goes on Expedition Everest and leaves 90% satisfied and the person that is aware of the functional Yeti leaves 75% satisfied; then, if those same two guests ride again and the yeti is working they could both leave 95% satisfied. Yes, the improvement is more dramatic for someone that's aware of what existed, but it doesn't mean that the average guest doesn't appreciate it.

JWG

I think the Yeti is indicative of and the poster child for all that is wrong with TDO. It's bad show that 15 years ago wouldn't have been tolerated. It's a major effect on the ride and would have been fixed as soon as possible.

Now, it seems like if it's not a safety risk or an issue that would ruin the magic and secrecy for kids, it's let go. Hopefully we don't get to the day that when Mickey's head falls off, they shrug and send the kiddos through.

I'm less upset about the Yeti then the attitude and mindset that it represents. I first rode in July, 2007 and can't remember what I saw. From 2009 forward I know it was nothing but flashy lights.

jlsHouston

This trip will be the first time I do AK, I have it scheduled twice on my itinerary. The DD31 and DGD7, DGS5 did it twice at easter and they loved AK. Last nite at bedtime me and grandkids got out the 4 page PTR and went over it, when we got to Saturday and AK, DGD7 proceeded to tell me how mommy does AK form the get fastpass to Everest to take Safari then go back do Everest get another FP ..., I told her I could not wait to ride Everest. DGS said the ride is too scarey goes backwards and Yeti breaks the train. I will being vainly attempting to pay attention on this ride so I can gather my impressions of the Yeti, operational or not!:)

disneypearl

Is anyone else concerned that even the true B-mode (strobe light and fan) haven't been on lately?

Not too concerned because I don't enjoy the strobe light. Talk about flash photography to the extreme. Now I wish they would have some type of moving spotlight or something on it instead. Actually, never mind, just fix the poor yeti.

jed012788

I hate to dig up an old posting but I did not want to start a new one. I don’t have exact dates but soon Everest will be closed for an extended period and the Yeti will be fixed. Sorry if this was already posted somewhere else but I could not find it anywhere.
!!??!?!?!?!?!?!!?!??!?!

jakeman

I hate to dig up an old posting but I did not want to start a new one. I don’t have exact dates but soon Everest will be closed for an extended period and the Yeti will be fixed. Sorry if this was already posted somewhere else but I could not find it anywhere.
Apologies in advance for all the folks that will call you a liar.

I hope this remains accurate. Thank you for posting this info.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer

Er....

What?

That is FANTASTIC news. And probably shouldn't be buried here.

On a scale of 1 to, this is definitely bleeping happening or 10, how confident are you on this?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

Apologies in advance for all the folks that will call you a liar.

I hope this remains accurate. Thank you for posting this info.
What jakeman said.

tikiman

Er....

What?

That is FANTASTIC news. And probably shouldn't be buried here.

On a scale of 1 to, this is definitely bleeping happening or 10, how confident are you on this?

The same people that explained the problems they had with the Yeti years ago and said they would never spend the money to fix it are now being told they are being given the money to fix it and the ride will go down soon (not sure what soon means to them). It seemed like a definite thing that was already in the planning.

Not really concerned anymore with who believes me. People that know me know I don’t make these announcements to take credit for them or to get something out of it. I was just happy to find this out and wanted to share.

I am more surprised no one else has mentioned it before me. They spoke about this like it was a known thing. Has there even been a rumor about Everest closing for refurbishment?

Bolt

The same people that explained the problems they had with the Yeti years ago and said they would never spend the money to fix it are now being told they are being given the money to fix it and the ride will go down soon (not sure what soon means to them). It seemed like a definite thing that was already in the planning.

Not really concerned anymore with who believes me. People that know me know I don’t make these announcements to take credit for them or to get something out of it. I was just happy to find this out and wanted to share.

I am more surprised no one else has mentioned it before me. They spoke about this like it was a known thing. Has there even been a rumor about Everest closing for refurbishment?
Knowing how Disney does things, they like to spruce up the park before land openings to show off to the media.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom