Yeti is indeed being fixed! Update 8/4/2014

Tom Morrow

I was thinking....
They could set the yeti immobile in his perch and just change the structure to make the yeti "throw" a "rock" at the riders. the "rock" would work similar to Indi's giant rock(aka roll around but never hit the riders).
With the amount of work that would require, it would be easier to just fix or replace the yeti...

lazyboy97o

I was thinking....
They could set the yeti immobile in his perch and just change the structure to make the yeti "throw" a "rock" at the riders. the "rock" would work similar to Indi's giant rock(aka roll around but never hit the riders).
The boulder inside the Indiana Jones Adventure really works because of the moving walls. The speed with which the walls would have to move would just be crazy since the train is moving down a drop and carried by gravity.

Cmdr_Crimson

Shame they never went with the Kongfrontation Style Yeti...That would have looked neat..
expeditioneverest05s.jpg

And just for comparison...
kongfrontation.jpg

Buried20KLeague

Wow. I seriously just had an incredible idea.

They absolutely could PROFIT off fixing the yeti.

They could develop and entire hour long production around it, just like they did when it was built initially. Think about it...

Bringing Her Back To Life: Rebuilding The Yeti

It could show on the travel channel. Discovery. All of their channels. It could be a Sunday night broadcast on ABC during prime time.

It could give the history of the beginning of the ride. Could get into the different modes and how "forward thinking" that was. It could cover what happened to cause the failure. The (sugar coated, I'm sure... Yet still interesting) journey to try to engineer a solution... All culminating in the triumphant return of A mode.

Mix in some short segments about Avatar or the new night show along with Disney Springs and the Poly DVC.

Seriously, they could turn this colossal failure into a buzz generating, revenue generating moment of triumph. It would allow them to save face, AND pay the bill.

Mike S

I like the yeti they went with because its a "realistic" size.
Actually, the Yeti is 25 feet tall according to Wikipedia. Not sure if this is true but it's the only source I've seen that says how big it is. That's just 5 feet shy of Kong from Kongfrontation. I fully agree though a giant Yeti like in that art would have been weird. Incredibly epic and awesome, but weird.

Cmdr_Crimson

Actually, the Yeti is 25 feet tall according to Wikipedia. Not sure if this is true but it's the only source I've seen that says how big it is. That's just 5 feet shy of Kong from Kongfrontation. I fully agree though a giant Yeti like in that art would have been weird. Incredibly epic and awesome, but weird.

Only thing about Kong was it was only Half a character..Not a full body...

Lee

Adventurer
Based on what @Lee has said in the past, it sounded like part of the issue was not just the cost but who would be paying and thus taking responsibility for the figure breaking.
Yeah, I was told that at one point.
TDO said it was a design fault and wanted WDI to pay for it.
WDI said it was a maintenance issue and wanted atDO to pay for it.
I never heard who won...

That 25' number includes his base. The actual figure is around half of that.

Mike S

Only thing about Kong was it was only Half a character..Not a full body...
I can see that in the picture but wasn't the Kong on the bridge the full body?
image.jpg
image.jpg
Looks like it is to me.
I never heard who won...

That 25' number includes his base. The actual figure is around half of that.
Thanks for clarifying, I couldn't find info anywhere else.

cheezbat

I've actually heard that the physical animatronic stands just over 13 feet tall.

Seabasealpha1

I've actually heard that the physical animatronic stands just over 13 feet tall.

Still...a whole lotta Yeti.

I thought I had seen a while back that someone had the idea of adding additional yetis to the ride? anything ever come of this...I thought it could be a great addition...maybe offset the fact that the main dish is a little "overcooked" now...

PirateFrank

I never heard who won...

I know you're not joking -- but holy crap! This boggles the mind. At some point, it still needs to get fixed. It's amazing to see finger pointing like this as one of the factors for holding up the repair. At the end of the day, the park guests still get the shaft. I can't imagine this sorta thing happening under Walt's watch or even Eisner's watch.

This is the sort of intra-company BS that is flat out cancerous. 'Get it done' has left corporate america in exchange for 'how are we going to allocate the cost' and it makes me sick.

Goofyernmost

The boulder inside the Indiana Jones Adventure really works because of the moving walls. The speed with which the walls would have to move would just be crazy since the train is moving down a drop and carried by gravity.
Sorry? Splain that please! What moving walls or are you talking about the Ride in DL as opposed to the show at DHS.

Goofyernmost

I know you're not joking -- but holy crap! This boggles the mind. At some point, it still needs to get fixed. It's amazing to see finger pointing like this as one of the factors for holding up the repair. At the end of the day, the park guests still get the shaft. I can't imagine this sorta thing happening under Walt's watch or even Eisner's watch.

This is the sort of intra-company BS that is flat out cancerous. 'Get it done' has left corporate america in exchange for 'how are we going to allocate the cost' and it makes me sick.
Funny, you would think that this would fall directly into the lap of upper management. One would think that someone above would have just said something like... You're both at fault fix it and share the cost, but FIX IT! Or even, for once, earn those millions you make a year and make a decision as to where the payment comes from.

I'd love to be in management there. Pulling down millions a year and only needing to wear a suit and nod your head once in awhile. What a rip-off those jokers are perpetuating.

P.S. The head nodding is more then likely what is happening just before they doze off.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom