YesterEars Vintage Apparel Collection

Cmdr_Crimson

I have that as an Attraction poster in my room..
DSC03095.jpg

Bairstow

Was hoping the alien encounter shirt was better. That one is just awful. Would have preferred something with this art.
View attachment 156234 View attachment 156235

Too obvious.

The shirt they made with just the "XS Tech" logo is much cooler because it's like owning a corporate giveaway from a convention that takes place in the "world" of the attraction.

WDW1974

Somehow my comment to this effect made it through moderation
View attachment 156232

Just dropping in to catch up on mail and saw this thread and your post.

What sickens me beyond belief is that these things will sell and will sell big time. Every Lifestyler out there sucking off of Disney's teets will be telling their flocks how amazing these are and how they can purchase them.

I'm sorry, but if someone raped your childhood, you don't turn around and buy the tee that commemorates that.

I am so glad that Scary Steven likes his Imagination tee. I also had the original. But I also don't prostitute myself (better than the 'W' word filter patrol?) for Bob Iger's Company for a living, so I have no interest whatsoever in buying this or a Horizons one or an Adventurer's Club one or a Spectro Magic one etc etc. If you loved Journey and you buy this, then you (not YOU individually, but collectively) are a flat out hypocrite or have serious impulse control issues.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto

What sickens me beyond belief is that these things will sell and will sell big time. Every Lifestyler out there sucking off of Disney's teets will be telling their flocks how amazing these are and how they can purchase them.

I'm sorry, but if someone raped your childhood, you don't turn around and buy the tee that commemorates that.

I am so glad that Scary Steven likes his Imagination tee. I also had the original. But I also don't prostitute myself (better than the 'W' word filter patrol?) for Bob Iger's Company for a living, so I have no interest whatsoever in buying this or a Horizons one or an Adventurer's Club one or a Spectro Magic one etc etc. If you loved Journey and you buy this, then you (not YOU individually, but collectively) are a flat out hypocrite or have serious impulse control issues.
After they put out th 30th "anniversary" shirts for Horizons, I think I lost the ability to be shocked at them banking on attractions they made the decision to close. This shirt at least doesn't celebrate the anniversary of an attraction that didn't come close to 30 years.
It's still banking on people buying nostalgia, which isn't terrible in all cases. These cases however, where beloved attractions were taken away and replaced with massively inferior and half-arsed, it's just greed. It's George Lucas putting out "Han Shot First" merch. It's making poor decisions and then doubling down and making money on a corpse.

brb1006

ouch

asianway

Directly?
Theres only one pot of money.

And although I see Spirits point, I dont know that this is a concerted effort to #@$! on their history. Many of the merchandising people in the DDG are big theme park nerds like us. They have gotten enough steam from the sales of these shirts to keep it going. If you want to support the efforts of the people who actually care and keep them employed, buy the shirt if it whets your whistle.

Protest this, and it wont change a thing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom