Yes or no to Alfredos?

surfsupdon

My family agreed that it was a fine meal, but we would not return. The taste of the food wasn't exceptional for me. My parents did enjoy their chicken entree however. I had regular spaghetti and meatballs and found my portion size quite small.

It was decent, but we prefer most other World Showcase restaurants. And would much rather eat at Olive Graden than here, haha.

m star

Well, I've been to many Italian restaurants in Italy, and I have only found one there that begins to compare to Alfredo's, so as you can imagine, it is one of my favorites. Try the Fetticuine Alfredo or the Lasagne.

RonAnnArbor

I agree...I have been to Italy on many occasions and the food at Alfredos across the board is as similar to any of the Northern Italian restauarants I went to in Europe...This cuisine is NOT heavy on spices

I would return in a heartbeat.

Pioneer Hall

I went there this past January and will make a point of going back there. Two of us shared the Fettuchini Alfredo and the Lasagna. Both were great.

coltow

We've been there many times (here and Le Cellier in Canada are probably our 2 favorites). We've never had a bad meal there. The portions are smaller for lunch which is usually ok for us seeing as pasta can be filling. The staff was also very friendly with our 22 month old and the waiter went above and beyond to make sure my son was happy.

dreamscometrue

It is one of our favourites at WDW. (Le Cellier is probably our favourite.) We always make it a point to eat there. The food is typical of that one might have in Italy. The fettucini is amazing (original recipe) and we love the chocolate mousse for dessert.
P.S.- I didn't spell 'favourite' wrong...In Canada it is 'our' as is the case with lots of other words. (neighbour, colour, etc.)
:)

wdwjmp239

m star said:
Well, I've been to many Italian restaurants in Italy, and I have only found one there that begins to compare to Alfredo's, so as you can imagine, it is one of my favorites. Try the Fetticuine Alfredo or the Lasagne.

I love their Fettucini Alfredo! Alfredo's also has the same restaurant in New York City. :)

kbusch

Personally, Alfredo's was not for me. I was expecting much more when I went there as I love Italian food but was disappointed when I left. I wasn't very impressed with the food and thought that it was very bland. Also, I wasn't impressed by the atmoshpere of the restaurant. Thought it was very crowded and loud. Just my personal opinion :wave:

meatloafsfan

It was a last minute addition to our schedule last Dec. and honestly it was one of the best.

For appetizers we had the calamari, fetticini alfredo, ceasar salad, and the tomatoes and mozzeralla - the fetticini and calamari were outstanding the others were okay just not as great as the first two.

For entrees, we had the steak (one with the caper/tomato topping and the other plain) and both were good. We also had the salmon (special of the day) with lemon sauce which was very good and the shrimp pasta with a spicy rosa vodka sauce - this was outstanding.

We shared the dessert samplers and they were okay but nothing outstanding.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I would definetly recommend Alfredo's. The food there is quite good. The Fetticuine Alfredo or the Lasagne are definetly the way to go. I've had both on several occasions and they are the best dishes there in my opinion. My family has been going to Alfredo's as long as we have been going to Disney World. I don't think we have had a trip where we didn't go. Now with the Dining Plan it's even easier to go there because now you don't have to pay (as much). I would also recommend you try to go to Le Cellier Steakhouse in Canada. You definetly won't be sorry you did. As several people before me have said, Le Cellier and Alfredo's are their two favorite restaurants in Epcot, and the same holds tru for me. I don't think that this is a coincidence either that all these people feel this way. :animwink:

Hope this helps.

imagineer99

I'll throw in my two cents.

It 's not that I didn't enjoy the meal, it's just that the entire experience was mediocre. Food was so-so and equivalent to that of an Italian chain restaurant. Menu choice is limited. Nothing that interesting or unique--basic Italian dishes and nothing more. Service was nothing special and as a result, the high prices didn't feel warranted.

Since we ate outside, I will say that the atmosphere (that of World Showcase on a warm night) was quite pleasant. However, as dining at Disney World is quite expensive, I just don't feel as if it was worth it.

hcswingfield

HunnyPot said:
We love Alfredo's. It's a fun atmosphere and the food is delicious!

Ditto that! We ate there for the first time on our last trip (last December) and it was tops on our list to book for our next trip ( in May).

BRER STITCH

imagineer99 said:
It 's not that I didn't enjoy the meal, it's just that the entire experience was mediocre. Food was so-so and equivalent to that of an Italian chain restaurant. Menu choice is limited. Nothing that interesting or unique--basic Italian dishes and nothing more. Service was nothing special and as a result, the high prices didn't feel warranted.

I agree totally, IMAGINEER99!! :wave:

I am not a fan of Alfredo's for all the reasons you mentioned, plus our service was awful! I'd even go as far as to say the Italian chain restaurants are MUCH better overall!

We eat a lot of Italian food at home so when we go out, we usually do not order Italian food, but at Alfredo's you have no choice. I thought everything - the bread, the soup, and even the pasta - was rather bland. Maybe I just like "American-Italian" food better! :lol:

I just didn't see any reason to go back after my first "ho-hum" dinner there. However, after being surprised by all the positive reviews here, I may give it another try on my next trip.

:)

cheshiresmile

my fiance loved it. we sat outside at night, got a bottle of wine, split a tiramisou, and took our sweet time. we also got the fettuccini alfredo and lasagna and thought they were so good. we were very pleased with everything. very full and very relaxed when we left. la dolce vita! renee

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom