Year Of A Million Dreams Banners Question

EPCOTPluto

Nope...I emailed them and they said they didn't have any of the banners.
I even asked a cast member and she said they didn't have access to any.
Not sure where they went.
Me neither. For the HCOE, I was told in GR that only CMs can buy the signs & banners...:shrug:

Scooter

Original Poster
The castmember I talked to said they weren't allowed to buy banners at all due to the fact that years ago, when they WERE allowed to buy them, some would buy all of them up and just turn around and sell them on EBay for big profits.

frybergh

What's going to happen to all those hundreds of Year of a Million Dreams banners that were all over the parks now that the celebration is over?
I would really like to get one for my Disney room.
Do castmembers get first dibbs at these?
Anyone know how I could go about getting one?
I can't imagine they just throw them away.
Anyone have any knowledge of what they are going to do with them?
I know that Mouse Surplus.com gets a lot of old Disney park items but there are so many of these banners that I just assume that employees must be able to purchase one before they get auctioned off.
Anyone know?:veryconfu

frybergh

What's going to happen to all those hundreds of Year of a Million Dreams banners that were all over the parks now that the celebration is over?

I dont know about you, if in the past 3 years or so you obtained one of these banners. But, i happen to have a grandfather who has connections in several orlando hotels, and for christmas last year, he gave me a used banner that was hung up in a disney park/hotel. If you want, email me frybergh@aol.com if you want to see a pictaure of this banner for proof. I didnt know if anyone else out there had one of these banners, so i finally got around to googling it tonight, and it brought me to this page. How much do you think one of these bAnners can be worth if sold today? How many are left in existance?

pumpkin7

What is Mouse Surplus please? thanks.;)

it's an ebay store that has a lot of stuff from the parks going for sale. stuff like CM costumes, old ride props. there was a horizons ride vehicle on there once, and i'm sure one of the dumbo's from the dumbo spinner. i'm sure there was also stuff from 20k when they finally got rid of it, seats from the subs, consoles, fish from the water etc. it's a great little ebay store.

it's here: http://stores.ebay.com/MouseSurplus

frybergh

I know that Mouse Surplus.com gets a lot of old Disney park items but there are so many of these banners that I just assume that employees must be able to purchase one before they get auctioned off.
Anyone know?:veryconfu
I actually own one of those banners, in perfect condition, if you're still looking. Email me frybergh@aol.com

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom