Year Of A Million Dreams Banners Question

Scooter

Original Poster
What's going to happen to all those hundreds of Year of a Million Dreams banners that were all over the parks now that the celebration is over?
I would really like to get one for my Disney room.
Do castmembers get first dibbs at these?
Anyone know how I could go about getting one?
I can't imagine they just throw them away.
Anyone have any knowledge of what they are going to do with them?
I know that Mouse Surplus.com gets a lot of old Disney park items but there are so many of these banners that I just assume that employees must be able to purchase one before they get auctioned off.
Anyone know?:veryconfu

EPCOT Explorer

What's going to happen to all those hundreds of Year of a Million Dreams banners that were all over the parks now that the celebration is over?
I would really like to get one for my Disney room.
Do castmembers get first dibbs at these?
Anyone know how I could go about getting one?
I can't imagine they just throw them away.
Anyone have any knowledge of what they are going to do with them?
I know that Mouse Surplus.com gets a lot of old Disney park items but there are so many of these banners that I just assume that employees must be able to purchase one before they get auctioned off.
Anyone know?:veryconfu
I HOPE they go to eBay....My wall looks a little bare.:lookaroun:lol:

Disneyson 1

Isn't normal Disney protocol to destroy stuff? And if it isn't, it will be when they host a huge bonfire ceremony at the Poly filled with swirly grafitti and heaps of clouds.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Isn't normal Disney protocol to destroy stuff? And if it isn't, it will be when they host a huge bonfire ceremony at the Poly filled with swirly grafitti and heaps of clouds.
I don't think Disney has ever destroyed anything they could conceivably sell!

krankenstein

Oy! Pricey! I hope the YOAMD ones will be cheaper.

Kinda, but they are truly unique. It isn't like The Art of Disney has them in stock all the time. Think about a 25th Fig, he cost $30 at the parks. Considering that, $60 for a sign like that isn't too bad, IMO.

I think the HCOE signs are better quality though.

EPCOT Explorer

With shipping, I paid around $60 for the DAK one and $40 or $50 for the WDW one. Not that bad for a true theme park treasure. :wave:

Kinda, but they are truly unique. It isn't like The Art of Disney has them in stock all the time. Think about a 25th Fig, he cost $30 at the parks. Considering that, $60 for a sign like that isn't too bad, IMO.

I think the HCOE signs are better quality though.

True...I'll see what I can do.;)

Were there a lot of them when they were on eBay?

Scooter

Original Poster
Odd how they all mostly disappeared.

Think Mouse Surplus might sell it?

Nope...I emailed them and they said they didn't have any of the banners.
I even asked a cast member and she said they didn't have access to any.
Not sure where they went.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom