Yak & Yeti opening date?

Texas84

Original Poster
From Deb's site:

"Yak and Yeti is the new restaurant currently under construction in Animal Kingdom's Asia. To fit in with Anandapur, the fictional village that is home to Expedition Everest, the restaurant will be themed as a rural village in the Himalayan foothills. The pan-Asian establishment will house both a table service restaurant that seats 300 and a quick-service eatery that can hold 200 customers. The restaurant was announced in February 2006, and is set to open November 14, 2007 (New Date). It will offer both table and counter service dining options, as well as house retail space with Asian-inspired merchandise, such as sushi plates and fine teapots. The restaurant will be operated by the Rainforest Cafe's Landry's Restaurants."

http://www.allearsnet.com/tp/ak/ak.htm

Brian Noble

I've been to the RFC in Anaheim. It was, at best, uninspired.

Other Landry's outlets are okay. We have one in our neck of the woods that is really quite good, but it's a restaurant with just a single location, rather than a franchise.

H20Babie

Interesting ... I called yesterday to make my ADRs and specifically asked about Yak & Yeti. I was put on hold while she checked with her manager, and was advised to call back in January!

kimmychad

:eek: Never been to Rainforest Cafe, but I thought people mentioned that the food was not the best they've ever had...

i've had the ribs there, very bland and kinda dry. the last time ive been to rainforest was for breakfast last week and the service was decent then, but we've walked out before because they just let us sit there with any acknowledgement. doesnt really hurt my feeling they dont accept the dining plan

goofyfan13

Keep in mind Landry's doesn't just operate Rainforest Cafe, if I remember correctly they also operate Wolfgang Puck Cafe, and Fulton's Crab House to name a few.

Laura

Premium Member
Has a menu been posted anywhere? I'll be at AK a week after Y&Y opens so if the menu's any good I'd love to check it out.

Gucci65

Has a menu been posted anywhere? I'll be at AK a week after Y&Y opens so if the menu's any good I'd love to check it out.

I'll be there two weeks after the 11/14 opening date and would love to check out the menu beforehand. Please let me know if you find anything Laura.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Interesting ... I called yesterday to make my ADRs and specifically asked about Yak & Yeti. I was put on hold while she checked with her manager, and was advised to call back in January!
That may just be they don't know when the reservations will be open, but you're going in March so they figure you'll be able to get a ressie in January.

I'd suggest just keeping an eye out here, JPVonDrake will announce when they start taking ADRs [if someone doesn't beat him to it].

Texas84

Original Poster
:eek: Never been to Rainforest Cafe, but I thought people mentioned that the food was not the best they've ever had...
Funny how RF is either loved ot hated. Everytime we take Disney n00bs there, it gets high marks. And, yes, Landry's has several different restaurants. My retired Dad's job is to secure that ADR! :D

barkatozz

You can't really go by what people say...you need to try it for yourself.
I love Taco Bell & some people despise it & tell you it's the worst food.....it's all about personal taste & preference. :wave:

Keep in mind Landry's doesn't just operate Rainforest Cafe, if I remember correctly they also operate Wolfgang Puck Cafe, and Fulton's Crab House to name a few.

Landry's also runs a number of other chains, including the impending T-Rex, but it isn't affiliated with Wolfgangs or Fultons. Both of those along with Portobello are owned by Levy's. Levy's by the way has a decent frequent diner program, which can be used at Fultons, Wolfgang Puck and Portobello.

Here is Landry's list of restaurants.

http://www.landrysrestaurants.com/pages/restaurants/pg_restaurants.htm

Here is Levy's page, where you can sign up for their frequent diner card.

http://www.levyrestaurants.com

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom