Yachtsman Steakhouse

FamilyMagic

Original Poster
My family & I have reservations to eat at the Yachtsman Steakhouse one night. Please let me know how your experiences have been and if there is anything we definately need to order! Thanks :animwink:

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
One of our favorite places. For some reason later ressies tend to be slower to seat...but not always. Larger groups are a bigger problem with waits sometimes 40-60 min past ADR.

Lobster Bisque is a favorite of ours
Then the filet
but various seafood choices, other steaks have also been tried and enjoyed.

tigsmom

We had an early seating and actually had to wait for the restaurant to open. Service was wonderful and so was the food. We had Caesar salads, NY Strip steaks (very tender), green beans and mushroom caps, the dessert sampler platter and key lime pie. Definitely a a place to return to.
thumbsup4kk.gif

Since it's a Signature restaurant it has a business casual dress code.

durangojim

My wife and I dined there in December, it was fineand the food was good, but the ambiance, food, and service weren't great, and didn't seem anything special to us. We doubt we'll eat there again, and much prefer California Grill or Victoria and Albert's for a fine dining experience at WDW. We love steak and didn't find them as good as a Ruth's Chris or Capital Grill.

fngoofy

Yachtmans is a very nice restaurant. Try the maine sea scallops for an appetizer. Also follow the dress code

The dress code is very loose. Collared shirt, no cut off shorts.
I always wear tan shorts, birkenstocks, and a knit shirt and fit right in.

The cheese sampler is great, the filets are better than the rib-eyes, the best place to sit is in the rotunda looking out on the pool area.

FYI,
The restrooms outside the restaurant (in the hall) are the nicest in all of disney world.

tigsmom

The dress code is very loose. Collared shirt, no cut off shorts.
I always wear tan shorts, birkenstocks, and a knit shirt and fit right in.

The cheese sampler is great, the filets are better than the rib-eyes, the best place to sit is in the rotunda looking out on the pool area.

FYI,
The restrooms outside the restaurant (in the hall) are the nicest in all of disney world.

That's Disney's business casual. I have seen people turned away as the had obviously just come from the parks. :lookaroun
I also saw a couple asked to "adjust their attire", they were YC guests and just had to go back to their room.

Sherrybaby

This is my families favorite restaurant and we have been to almost every one on Disney property. It's pricey but with the dining plan who cares?? It takes off two credits on your dining plan just so you know.

If you are a wine drinker--this is YOUR place. They have gotten awards for their wine list.

Enjoy your server. The servers are some of the best at WDW. I got duck for the first time in my life and it was fan-tastic!

If you can, try the creme brulee....it is to DIE for.

This is an experience not to be missed. I'm hard to please but I cannot say anything bad about this establishment.

We waited 5 mins for our table and we had a 6pm ressie.

Also please be careful not to wear a tank top, I had to put my coat on and I had a nice tank top dress on.

This is the place to dress up for the evening. It's certainly a 2 hour meal if not more because it's just so much fun. Love, love, love this place!!!!

Sherry

britlightyear

Does anyone know if the lobster bisque tastes the same at the Yachtsman as it did at Concourse? This was my husbands favorite food and he is very upset about Concourse closing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom