Yacht Club room?

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
You can request an area like: close to elevator, close to lobby, high floor, low floor, etc. You can't request a ROOM NUMBER, that was my point.

If I go up to the check-in counter and ask them for a view like in the room numbers everyone is giving me on this thread my hope is to have them help me get the view that I would like.... So, no, I am not looking to request an actual room but I would like the front desk to know what view I am looking to have.

mouse_luv

If I go up to the check-in counter and ask them for a view like in the room numbers everyone is giving me on this thread my hope is to have them help me get the view that I would like.... So, no, I am not looking to request an actual room but I would like the front desk to know what view I am looking to have.

Hence, exactly what I was saying. :facepalm:

David M

As an adult? Yes... I used to stay there with my parents when I was in grade school. We usually stay at the Swan and Dolphin, but I have an annual pass this year and I got an amazing rate at Yacht Club. We LOVE the location too! Hope you enjoy your upcoming trip too! Thanks
If you don't mind me asking, what was the AP rate? I live local and have been looking for a decent rate to review Yacht Club...

mousehockey37

Disney has so many people that stay in their resorts now that this type of request (asking for certain rooms) has gone away. Maybe 20 years ago you could've done it, but no longer. With there being so many reservations of varying lengths, it's near impossible to guarantee you a room for the entire duration of your stay. Also, just look at the questions you are asking here... there's the potential someone reading this could be planning a similar vacation with the same game plan... You've just opened the door wide open to have your own plan used against you :jawdrop:. As was said earlier, use the requests for where you'd like to be close to, but don't go expecting absolute perfection or being able to have the CMs at the desk slide you into the "dream room". It's just not feasible anymore with the amount of traffic in the Disney resorts.

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
Disney has so many people that stay in their resorts now that this type of request (asking for certain rooms) has gone away. Maybe 20 years ago you could've done it, but no longer. With there being so many reservations of varying lengths, it's near impossible to guarantee you a room for the entire duration of your stay. Also, just look at the questions you are asking here... there's the potential someone reading this could be planning a similar vacation with the same game plan... You've just opened the door wide open to have your own plan used against you :jawdrop:. As was said earlier, use the requests for where you'd like to be close to, but don't go expecting absolute perfection or being able to have the CMs at the desk slide you into the "dream room". It's just not feasible anymore with the amount of traffic in the Disney resorts.

People with the same game plan? The same week I'm going? I am only a family of 3 staying in one room at one of the many resorts at Disney....

Is this for real? Am I being attacked now for wanting to know what views people have had and HOPE to get something similar based on their experiences??

mousehockey37

People with the same game plan? The same week I'm going? I am only a family of 3 staying in one room at one of the many resorts at Disney....

Is this for real? Am I being attacked now for wanting to know what views people have had and HOPE to get something similar based on their experiences??
Can anyone recommend a specific room/floor for the Yacht Club? I don't mind long walks to room. I'd love to have a room with some sort of view of the Boardwalk. We don't necessarily need a view of Stormalong Bay.
Any recommendations are greatly appreciated!

That would work for us too! We have a 2 year old and when we go back to the room for naps it's nice to people watch and have something to do while sitting on our balcony waiting for her to wake up...

Do you remember what your room number was?? Thanks for the info....

WoW!!! This view would be amazing!!! Here's hoping! I am taking notes so that when I go to check in I can ask for certain room numbers just in case they are willing to accommodate the request!! Thanks so much!

I can request an area at the 60 day mark, but I can also ask for a certain ones when I check in though.

In all these posts, you asked for SPECIFIC ROOM NUMBERS. In the last one, you even said you're going to walk up to the desk and ask for certain rooms. I'm not 100% certain, but the room assignments are determined well before you get to the resort check-in desk. This is why you must fill in the area, amenity, etc requests. There will be no bargaining at the check-in desk. It's not like asking for a booth at a restaurant when you see you're going to be at the bar or a table in the middle of the floor.

There's no attack, don't see where you got that from. Also, opinions differ on what makes a room spectacular. Are there some hidden gem rooms out there? Yes. You have to be more in the hopes of some unexpected pixie dust, rather than forcing the issue.

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
In all these posts, you asked for SPECIFIC ROOM NUMBERS. In the last one, you even said you're going to walk up to the desk and ask for certain rooms. I'm not 100% certain, but the room assignments are determined well before you get to the resort check-in desk. This is why you must fill in the area, amenity, etc requests. There will be no bargaining at the check-in desk. It's not like asking for a booth at a restaurant when you see you're going to be at the bar or a table in the middle of the floor.

There's no attack, don't see where you got that from. Also, opinions differ on what makes a room spectacular. Are there some hidden gem rooms out there? Yes. You have to be more in the hopes of some unexpected pixie dust, rather than forcing the issue.

I asked for their room numbers so that I could potentially get a room with the same kind of view. Why can't I ask the front desk to accommodate my wants? I am not looking to bargain with CMs. I am also not looking to force the issue. I don't see why you feel the need to turn all my posts around on me to make me seem like I am looking for one thing and one thing only.....This dream room as you have suggested before that I am looking for which is not true.

I did not start this thread to have certain hopes squashed. There is no reason why I can't make requests or ask questions about my room.

mousehockey37

I asked for their room numbers so that I could potentially get a room with the same kind of view. Why can't I ask the front desk to accommodate my wants? I am not looking to bargain with CMs. I am also not looking to force the issue. I don't see why you feel the need to turn all my posts around on me to make me seem like I am looking for one thing and one thing only.....This dream room as you have suggested before that I am looking for which is not true.

I did not start this thread to have certain hopes squashed. There is no reason why I can't make requests or ask questions about my room.

Q: Why can't you ask the front desk to accommodate your wants?
A: You don't ask the front desk, if asking there, it's already too late, your room has been chosen. You fill out the form for your preferred areas prior to leaving for your trip.

You say you aren't looking to bargain or force the issue. Again, you have little power after filling out the preference form as to where you are.

I'm turning nothing around. I'm informing you (as are others) to the idea that there is basically nothing that the CM's at the desk will be able to do for you. One more time... due to the volume of people that stay at the resorts, you will fill out the generic area request form and upon arrival, you will be given your room assignment. That's it.

As for starting this thread with the hopes of not having your hopes squashed, well, with positive answers come negative ones as well. Sadly, the "negatives" in this thread are people who are trying to be realistic with you and inform you that there are certain things you CAN NOT do.

I've even gone ahead and given you what the selection screen looks like: (If viewing the link, scroll down to the Yacht Club).
http://.com/how-to-get-the-disney-world-resort-room-requests-views-rooms/ (Admin: if this link is not allowed here, please let me know and I'll remove it).

Yacht Club
http://.com/wp-content/uploads/yachtclubmap1-565x600.png​

You have several room options at Yacht Club:

• Standard View
  • Garden View
  • Lagoon or Pool View
  • Standard View - Club Level(rooms are on the 5th floor)
  • Garden/Courtyard View - Club Level (rooms are on the 5th floor)
  • Lagoon View - Club Level(rooms are on the 5th floor)
  • Deluxe Room - Club Level (located on 3rd or 4th floor)
  • 2 Bedroom Suite - Club Level (rooms are on the 5th floor)
  • Commodore Vice Presidential Suite - Club Level (rooms are on the 5th floor)
  • Presidential 2 Bedroom Suite - Club Level (rooms are on the 5th floor)
  • Admiral 2 Bedroom Suite - Club Level (rooms are on the 5th floor)
  • Captain's Deck 2 Bedroom Suite - Club Level (rooms are on the 5th floor)
(You can click the map to view a larger version.)

Yacht Club online request options (choose up to 2)
(X = this request is valid and doesn't conflict with the room view)
Corner Room Upper Floor Near Elevator Ground Floor Lower Floor
Standard View X X X X X
Garden View X X X X X
Lagoon or Pool View X X X X X
Standard View - Club Level (rooms are on the 5th floor) X X
Garden/Courtyard View - Club Level (rooms are on the 5th floor) X X
Lagoon View - Club Level (rooms are on the 5th floor) X X
Deluxe Room - Club Level (located on 3rd or 4th floor) X X
2 Bedroom Suite - Club Level (rooms are on the 5th floor) X X
Commodore Vice Presidential Suite - Club Level (rooms are on the 5th floor) X X
Presidential 2 Bedroom Suite - Club Level (rooms are on the 5th floor) X X
Admiral 2 Bedroom Suite - Club Level (rooms are on the 5th floor) X X
Captain's Deck 2 Bedroom Suite - Club Level (rooms are on the 5th floor) X X
Other requests you might consider making by phone: King bed (for 2 people, or 2 people plus a child under 3).

DiSnEyF@n

Original Poster
Q: Why can't you ask the front desk to accommodate your wants?
A: You don't ask the front desk, if asking there, it's already too late, your room has been chosen. You fill out the form for your preferred areas prior to leaving for your trip.

You say you aren't looking to bargain or force the issue. Again, you have little power after filling out the preference form as to where you are.

I'm turning nothing around. I'm informing you (as are others) to the idea that there is basically nothing that the CM's at the desk will be able to do for you. One more time... due to the volume of people that stay at the resorts, you will fill out the generic area request form and upon arrival, you will be given your room assignment. That's it.

As for starting this thread with the hopes of not having your hopes squashed, well, with positive answers come negative ones as well. Sadly, the "negatives" in this thread are people who are trying to be realistic with you and inform you that there are certain things you CAN NOT do.

I've even gone ahead and given you what the selection screen looks like: (If viewing the link, scroll down to the Yacht Club).
http://*************.com/how-to-get-the-disney-world-resort-room-requests-views-rooms/ (Admin: if this link is not allowed here, please let me know and I'll remove it).

Yacht Club

You have several room options at Yacht Club:

• Standard View
  • Garden View
  • Lagoon or Pool View
  • Standard View - Club Level(rooms are on the 5th floor)
  • Garden/Courtyard View - Club Level (rooms are on the 5th floor)
  • Lagoon View - Club Level(rooms are on the 5th floor)
  • Deluxe Room - Club Level (located on 3rd or 4th floor)
  • 2 Bedroom Suite - Club Level (rooms are on the 5th floor)
  • Commodore Vice Presidential Suite - Club Level (rooms are on the 5th floor)
  • Presidential 2 Bedroom Suite - Club Level (rooms are on the 5th floor)
  • Admiral 2 Bedroom Suite - Club Level (rooms are on the 5th floor)
  • Captain's Deck 2 Bedroom Suite - Club Level (rooms are on the 5th floor)
(You can click the map to view a larger version.)

Yacht Club online request options (choose up to 2)
(X = this request is valid and doesn't conflict with the room view)
Corner Room Upper Floor Near Elevator Ground Floor Lower Floor
Standard View X X X X X
Garden View X X X X X
Lagoon or Pool View X X X X X
Standard View - Club Level (rooms are on the 5th floor) X X
Garden/Courtyard View - Club Level (rooms are on the 5th floor) X X
Lagoon View - Club Level (rooms are on the 5th floor) X X
Deluxe Room - Club Level (located on 3rd or 4th floor) X X
2 Bedroom Suite - Club Level (rooms are on the 5th floor) X X
Commodore Vice Presidential Suite - Club Level (rooms are on the 5th floor) X X
Presidential 2 Bedroom Suite - Club Level (rooms are on the 5th floor) X X
Admiral 2 Bedroom Suite - Club Level (rooms are on the 5th floor) X X
Captain's Deck 2 Bedroom Suite - Club Level (rooms are on the 5th floor) X X
Other requests you might consider making by phone: King bed (for 2 people, or 2 people plus a child under 3).

I don't appreciate your tone. I don't like being told what to do and what I can and cannot do on my vacation. I don't think we will see eye to eye on this.
Thank you for commenting. Good night.

mouse_luv

special-snowflake.png

mousehockey37

I haven't read through all your know-it-all crap. I don't think we will see eye to eye on this.
Thank you for commenting. Good night.

Read through the crap... it'll be well worth the time. Especially when you get to the desk and don't like where you get placed, then ask about moving to a different room and they try to upcharge you for it... but what do I know... as well as the other posters here...

If you go in expecting to negotiate, demand, ask, whatever you want to call it, for a better room than what you are given, you'll either be told that's what is available or they can do things for a price... You seem to be looking for ways to ensure pixie dust. Pixie dust just happens. That's why it's pixie dust! You can't make magical things happen. You can set your preferences, that's it. The rest is out of your control!

mousehockey37

What time of the year are you going? It seems like those EPCOT resorts would be hopping around those food and wine festivals? You could use the on line check in advance? Its worth a shot?

Judging by the OP's other thread about airfare.... it states they are going July 2-9. So this thread just got THAT much better now.... There is absolutely 1000% NO WAY that you'll go into the Yacht Club check-in and get a different room.... None, Zilch, Zero, Nada...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom