Wrong to bring back "vacation kingdom" slogan?

Expo_Seeker40

Original Poster
I was just thinking about the whole YOMD campaign, along with how many people confuse walt disney world and or the magic kingdom as "the happiest place on earth", as far as I know the official, but no longer used slogan for walt disney world continues to be "The Vacation Kingdom of the World", just like the official logo is sometimes seen but rarely used.

Doesn't this give WDW a nice identity? I mean Disneyland continues to use its old english Font, and actually on recent pictoral trip reports I;m noticing that they (Disneyland) have revived 50% of the original Disneyland logo. Which is sleeping beauty castle within the Disneyland "D", now only showing the stylized image of sleeping beauty castle in a circle.

Is it wrong to revive the actual 1970s Walt Disney World font and bring back the global mickey face in the oversized D, along with "the vacation kingdom of the world" in the future?

WDW is a vacation kingdom, it exists in itself and not just in the magic kingdom and is a great uplifting slogan especially since WDW is a true resort destination!

I just feel that after the 25th anniversary the "walt disney" font and simple type face "world" is quite bland and gives no identity to WDW.

Just my two cents...wondering what others think. :wave:

mrtoad

I took love the old logo and am happy when I see it someplace but I don't think anything that has it had it added recently, I think they are just left over and someday will go away. The horses that pull the trolly on Main Street sport them and some of the boats on the 7 Seas Lagoon do as well. The boats surprise me as the logo has been gone so long I would have thought they would have painted the boats by now.

I wouldn't mind the old slogan being back as well. :)

Dragonrider1227

I like that "Vacation Kingdom" idea. But then you'd proboly get idiots asking cast members "Can you tell me where Vacation Kingdom is?" :brick:
I kinda miss the mickey globe myself.

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
if they could do something to bring that logo into the 21st century if could be well accepted, but since it looks like something directly out of the 70's it is hard to pair it up with other promotions.

donald23

I guess I'm a more progressive Disney fan when it comes to the issue of the logo. For me personally, I love the "disney font" logo! Especially when we drive past the main gate and start seeing "Disney" on the sides of the buses, it strikes something inside of me. The old logo is pretty out-dated and I'm really happy with the way it is now.

Cmdr_Crimson

I was just thinking about the whole YOMD campaign, along with how many people confuse walt disney world and or the magic kingdom as "the happiest place on earth", as far as I know the official, but no longer used slogan for walt disney world continues to be "The Vacation Kingdom of the World", just like the official logo is sometimes seen but rarely used.

Doesn't this give WDW a nice identity? I mean Disneyland continues to use its old english Font, and actually on recent pictoral trip reports I;m noticing that they (Disneyland) have revived 50% of the original Disneyland logo. Which is sleeping beauty castle within the Disneyland "D", now only showing the stylized image of sleeping beauty castle in a circle.

Is it wrong to revive the actual 1970s Walt Disney World font and bring back the global mickey face in the oversized D, along with "the vacation kingdom of the world" in the future?

WDW is a vacation kingdom, it exists in itself and not just in the magic kingdom and is a great uplifting slogan especially since WDW is a true resort destination!

I just feel that after the 25th anniversary the "walt disney" font and simple type face "world" is quite bland and gives no identity to WDW.

Just my two cents...wondering what others think. :wave:
It's still being used...You just have to look around...:)
Splitsville has a Big Mural with the old slogan..
Splitsville-Luxury-Lanes-Downtown-Disney-Orlando-12.jpg

Plus the Disney Store sells shirts with the Slogan albiet not the classical style..

JiminyandTink

It's been several years and I still haven't gotten over breaking my favorite coffee cup with the old logo on it... loved that thing:)

surfsupdon

The focus of current Disney commercials are always "just" the theme parks....ie Disney Parks.

Back when it was the Vacation Kingdom of the World, commercials showed parks AND resorts, parasailing, horseback riding, pleasure island dancing, dining, golfing, swimming, water skiing, and other offerings.

I don't think the slogan is current bc they just keep pumping the Parks.....not the other things that make a "vacation."

I would love to see the slogan return

The Empress Lilly

This mural is SWEET!! Thank you for posting it. It's a place I will probably never visit. Although, maybe I could sneak in to see the mural (if its still there?).
I'm going to do the same thing! ;)

I wouldn't want to spend my precious Orlando time on bowling - besides I'm pretty unbeatable at bowling anyway, i can't remember the last time i lost a game. -_-

But that mural is awesome! I had no idea that was there. I must check it out!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom