Wrong to bring back "vacation kingdom" slogan?

Cmdr_Crimson

This mural is SWEET!! Thank you for posting it. It's a place I will probably never visit. Although, maybe I could sneak in to see the mural (if its still there?).
I'm going to do the same thing! ;)

I wouldn't want to spend my precious Orlando time on bowling - besides I'm pretty unbeatable at bowling anyway, i can't remember the last time i lost a game. -_-

But that mural is awesome! I had no idea that was there. I must check it out!

You don't have to sneak in honestly...Just walk in and look around...I believe it's on the main floor area.

Goofyernmost

I don't think that Disney ever stopped using the "vacation Kingdom" phrase, it's just that the public never used it. A couple of weeks ago when the Alligator tragedy happened, every news media in the world called on the Irony of having something like that happen in the "Happiest Place On Earth". No one seems to know that isn't WDW and they don't seem to care. It will always and forever be known as that because it has a better, more enjoyable, ring to it. So, it becomes something that Disney has and the rest of us might as well get acclimated too. Many of the fans on these boards should be able to relate to that when they state, with pride, that DHS will always be MGM for them. Or those that went to MK when WDW first opened and insist on calling MK, Walt Disney World, because that was all there was in the swamps and that is what they relate to when they think about WDW.

Actually there is no reason why it can't be both. It can be the Vacation Kingdom and the Happiest Place On Earth, Part II.

brb1006

The focus of current Disney commercials are always "just" the theme parks....ie Disney Parks.

Back when it was the Vacation Kingdom of the World, commercials showed parks AND resorts, parasailing, horseback riding, pleasure island dancing, dining, golfing, swimming, water skiing, and other offerings.

I don't think the slogan is current bc they just keep pumping the Parks.....not the other things that make a "vacation."

I would love to see the slogan return
This old WDW Information Channel starring Jiminy comes to mind. Last time Disney mentioned other stuff at the resort besides the parks was in the late 90's.

ScottKC

I'm very new to Walt Disney World. But on many trips to Disneyland in the 80's I'd longingly look at the back page of the Disneyland pictorial souvenir at the "While in Florida visit Walt Disney World- The Vacation Kingdom of the World" in that wonderful futuristic 70's lettering with the mickey world logo and dream of going someday. When I finally got to WDW in 2015 for the first time I bought a "Walt Disney World ^Florida-Vacation Kingdom of the World" T-shirt with that classic 70's font. There wasn't a ton of merchandise with the logo on it at that time. Which is why I was really surprised on my visit this month to find much more stuff with the vintage logo on it. Either it's slowly coming back or they see enough value in it to use it as an alternate logo on a significant amount of merchandise. My sons' 2016 Autograph book(hardly a retro/hipster purchase) used the classic logo. There also was a really neat section of "Magic Kingdom" merchandise at the emporium with the western looking Magic Kingdom letters from the 70's too.

mebucko

This thread I started is 10 years old. Holy mummification batman!
Good Morning!
BTW, WDW had the logo (Mickey inside the "D") on at least one pewter pin, early on. I bought one, had a jeweler remove the pin part, and had the "logo" mounted on a pewter pendant, with a chain to wear around the neck.
Happy Fourth, All!
Ch-Ears,
Bill

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom