Would you visit Walt Disney World with these health-based operational restrictions in place?

Would you visit Walt Disney World with these health-based operational restrictions in place?

• Yes

Votes: 306 36.2%
  • No

Votes: 429 50.7%
  • Undecided

Votes: 111 13.1%

• Total voters

Dutch Inn '76

The whole point of the shutdown was *not* to stop infection, but to slow infection; to keep the hospitals from overflowing. We see now that it is unlikely that will happen in ANY American city. Because of this, we should begin reopening everything now; except for mass gatherings like sporting events, concerts, etc.

It might or might not be a good idea to open a place like WDW. People gather there from all over and can then distribute whatever they catch all over the country and world. I would think that by late May though, we will have enough data to know if it is time to try opening theme parks or not.

NoBreyner60

Ohana may have six foot skewers and a katana to pass the meat from skewer to plate. If you thought Ohana was rushed prepare for Ohana 2.0.

BrenRays

How many masks would a person need per day at WDW in August, when it's about eleventy billion degrees? One per hour? Who is providing all of those masks?
This! Forget your personal feelings on masks for a second, there’s no way this works logistically.
You make your reservation to get into the park and you forgot your mask? Do you get turned away? Ok, maybe.
Your 5 year old is eating a Dole Whip and the entire thing melts on their mask, do they get kicked out of the park now? Are there going to because members running around frantically redistributing masks? I doubt it.

disney4life2008

This! Forget your personal feelings on masks for a second, there’s no way this works logistically.
You make your reservation to get into the park and you forgot your mask? Do you get turned away? Ok, maybe.
Your 5 year old is eating a Dole Whip and the entire thing melts on their mask, do they get kicked out of the park now? Are there going to because members running around frantically redistributing masks? I doubt it.

I'm fed up with people comparing Disney world to Shanghai. There is no comparison. People there are trained to wear masks. And I thought I read their health standards were excellent?

ImperfectPixie

The whole point of the shutdown was *not* to stop infection, but to slow infection; to keep the hospitals from overflowing. We see now that it is unlikely that will happen in ANY American city. Because of this, we should begin reopening everything now; except for mass gatherings like sporting events, concerts, etc.
It's only unlikely right now because pretty much everything is shut down. Once hospitals begin doing their normal business and things start to open up, we need to make sure we don't reach a breaking point with infections. That's why social distancing and face coverings are so important. It would be VERY EASY for hospitals to become overwhelmed if another hot-spot pops up.

Cmdr_Crimson

The way this is being done reminds me that every day will be like a special ticketed event day. Certain attractions, food and stores open and you gotta space yourself out instead...

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Did not read whole thread but that end moment when they had to rip mask in two.....was rather odd to me. They were not wearing gloves and if mask had something on it would not be good idea to rip it assuming too the wearer did not have another mask on.....but then why would you take off your mask? Good idea for mask only can, and I understand the rip is likely so noone can use it again but something is missing there imho.....🤔

But it made me smile to see people in stores and loading onto rides.....made me MISS WDW all the more...….;)

TrojanUSC

It might or might not be a good idea to open a place like WDW. People gather there from all over and can then distribute whatever they catch all over the country and world. I would think that by late May though, we will have enough data to know if it is time to try opening theme parks or not.

We actually don't know that is unlikely to happen. Many smaller cities and rural areas don't have the capacity (or anywhere near it) that NYC has. The virus never had a chance to take hold strongly in those places thanks to the mitigation efforts.

Lilofan

Whats going to happen when an outbreak happens even with their restrictions in place? I fearlessly predict the parks closing a week after reopening due to covid-19 running rampant.

Vacation is a luxury the world just does not need right now, people need to focus on taking care of each other.
Disney is using China as the theme park guinea pig experiment to see what works and what doesn't with corona policies and procedures in place.

danv3

Not just that. Even hotels like holiday Inn express free breakfast. That is officially gone.

Buffets don't need to be "officially gone." This is a respiratory virus. While it can spread by the route of surface-hand-mouth, that's not the primary way it spreads. With more sanitation and some better handwashing practices, buffets could survive.

Of course, many people can't be expected to wash their own hands, so maybe buffets are gone after all. 😅

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom