Would you do a solo trip?

Goofyernmost

I've done it twice, only because work has taken me to Oralndo and I've extended my stays by a day or 2. How could I be in Orlando and not go?? However I much prefer going with friends or family. For those that say they love it because they can do what they want when they want, good for you, however I seem to find that logic a little selfish. What I enjoy most when I'm with others is seeing them happy, even if that means I must take my niece on SGE!

My advice...do it so you can say you've done it. It's not costing you much more $$, and if you don't do it now, maybe you never will?

Highlighted part:

Yea, so? It's not selfish, I'm not depriving anyone else from going. I just enjoy my time on my own. I also enjoy sharing it with someone, but, I don't feel guilty about liking to be there with no one else to worry about other then myself. In this case, I'm the Flower and the Gardener all wrapped up in one. :D I was the gardener for many, many years, It's good to be the Flower.

smp2k6

I've gone solo before. It was a great trip. I did miss my DW though. But, I spent time doing the things I really enjoy that she's not too fond of :) Like taking lots of pictures, getting up early and heading to the parks, etc. It was really relaxing to go on my own and just winging it each day. She's going on her first solo trip in a couple months. She's really looking forward to it. We've been to WDW together twice a year, the last 7 years. So, we've definitely spent a lot of time together there. Ultimately, you need to decide for yourself if going solo will be fun or heartbreaking. If you do go, I hope you have a great time. If you decide to skip the solo trip, that's cool too!

epcotisbest

Original Poster
I thought long and hard about it and, even with my wife's blessing, I decided against the solo trip. We have been going there together for some 30 years, and a big part of what makes it special is sharing the experience with her.
While she is there right now without me, it is for a running event that I don't participate in, and is an annual girl's trip with six to sometimes eight people, so she is not there solo either.
Tomorrow (just looked at clock-today) she'll call me later to let me know about the race. Her only goal is to finish, a goal she has met each time. I'm proud of her for setting her mind to doing something like finishing a half-marathon...I'm gonna go finish a half milkshake!

Figgy1

Premium Member
I thought long and hard about it and, even with my wife's blessing, I decided against the solo trip. We have been going there together for some 30 years, and a big part of what makes it special is sharing the experience with her.
While she is there right now without me, it is for a running event that I don't participate in, and is an annual girl's trip with six to sometimes eight people, so she is not there solo either.
Tomorrow (just looked at clock-today) she'll call me later to let me know about the race. Her only goal is to finish, a goal she has met each time. I'm proud of her for setting her mind to doing something like finishing a half-marathon...I'm gonna go finish a half milkshake![/Good morning Figgy here how are you doing and are you taking care of yourself? I want your dw to find you in tip top shape when she gets home!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom