Would you do a solo trip?

Britt

Def wouldn't go without my hubby!! Been married nearly 8 years and we always have a blast. We do just about everything together....I hate going to the grocery store alone, let alone to our favorite place!! Haha ;)

Dad 2 M & M

I wouldn't go alone... When I travel on business, I always try to take one or both of my M's (DW likes the break, but will go on coastal trips during the summer). Anywho, when I do travel alone, I despise eating dinner alone and always feel as if peeps are wondering what the old dude is doing alone...I would really have that issue solo in the World...

lilclerk

I LOVE solo trips. But I'm also a little bit of a loner, so it's not that hard for me to be without company. I don't spend a lot of time running from ride to ride, but I take in all the little experiences I wouldn't do with other people. I spent a whole day touring the deluxe resorts once. I would NEVER drag my boyfriend or a friend on that excursion, they would die of boredom. I also make it a point to see all the performances in Epcot, including the Jammitors. I stayed one night at the Hard Rock in Universal, and spent the early hour I could get into WWoHP just taking pictures in the queue while it was empty.
Solo trips don't have to be a "regular" trip to WDW, they can be whatever you want!

Disneykidder

Since you are already there, I say go for it. No kids, no worries...awesome!! If you want to be technical, you can just say it is an extended trip solo since your wifey would have already been with you!!;)

Right now I'd feel so bad if I went without my kiddies but when they are older and in college, I would definitely go by myself. Eat when/where I want, shop where I want, ride any ride I want/when I want, stay late, sleep late...whatever...it will all be your choice!!!!

katexo

Well for me, part of the magic of the world is sharing the experience with someone you love whether that be a so, child, friend, parent, whatever. While I love doing things alone, I dont think a trip to the world would ever be one of them. I need to have someone there so I can clutch their arm in excitement a the first glimpse of the castle, and share the rest of the magic with.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I've done a solo trip, but having someone there even if it's just to guide you to the bathroom, get you a glass of water, or calm you down if you're having a bad hallucination can be a HUGE help.

Wisconsin

I prefer to go with the family, but I have also done several solo trips and enjoyed them alot. I don't hunt or fish so a solo WDW trip is kind of my "hobby". The only slightly awkward parts for me are 1. At the airport checking in for the ME (once a CM said, "Oh, you must be here for a convention!"). and 2. Checking in solo at my resort. After that, folks can't really tell if you are with a group or not.

worldfanatic

I may have an unplanned solo trip coming up this July.
My Wife just took a new job and it's almost certain she won't able to get the full 11 nights off for the trip.
In fact, right now even getting a week off is looking unlikely.
And when you live on the other side of the country, a few days just isn't worth the journey or money.

She knows what a WDW nut I am, and has said she wants me to go either way.....so I'm going.

And while I still hope she's able to go, I know I'll still have a great time on my own if that's what happens.
11 nights, 3 resorts on my own. Could be interesting.........

riverscu0m0

I loooooove walking around the parks by myself! I know where I'm going, I don't feel like it's a hassle if I have to pee or I'm hungry. I tend know my stuff a little better than the average person, like times to eat, and I know what I want to do and don't have to worry about what anyone else wants to do. This has happened only once but given the chance to do it, I would. I like going with my family or friends too though, it's fun going with them especially people who haven't been before. I don't think I'd like doing it by myself every day though, I thrive off of attention like most 16 year olds do so I need some company :p

Bama14

It is such a special place and time for me and my little boy that I think a solo trip would make me sad. Maybe later on, but right now I would never go without him!

CarlFredricksen

I've done it twice, only because work has taken me to Oralndo and I've extended my stays by a day or 2. How could I be in Orlando and not go?? However I much prefer going with friends or family. For those that say they love it because they can do what they want when they want, good for you, however I seem to find that logic a little selfish. What I enjoy most when I'm with others is seeing them happy, even if that means I must take my niece on SGE!

My advice...do it so you can say you've done it. It's not costing you much more $$, and if you don't do it now, maybe you never will?

bubbles1812

My wife and a group of others are headed down for the Disney Princess Half Marathon in a couple of weeks. They have a two bedroom condo offsite. They can only stay for four days. We can extend the condo rental for three more days, for a full week, for not very much more money, but the thing is none of the six women going, including my wife, can stay. I thought about going down when they are checking out and just staying for the rest of the week.
As much as I enjoy WDW, I have never been alone, and have never been without my wife. Part of me thinks a solo trip might be fun, but deep down I truly believe what makes WDW so magic for me is I have always shared it with my wonderful wife. She has been a few times without me, on all girl trips and half marathons, but I have never set foot in Florida without her and am not really sure I want to.
Is that silly?
Should I go ahead and go for a few days of alone time or just forget it?
I just went down to Disney for 5 days with my mom. But I kind of had a solo trip. Much of the time she wanted to stay at the pool and veg out. And I wanted to be in the parks. As someone else said, it's really nice to be on your own time table. You can do what you want when you want to. I didnt get any weird looks when I said I had a party of one. When you are on the rides you are just generally paying attention to the ride anyways. Fast passes were easy to manage too. I was alone for a ton of my time at the MK today. My mom came later in the day. All told during regular park hours from 11:45 when I got there til regular park closing, I managed to get on 22 attractions (and 5 more during EMH) And today was packed at the MK. Don't be afraid to go by yourself.

Monorail_Red

I've done this once - but it was odd not having somebody to enjoy it with. It also felt like I was being watched by security. But don't get me wrong the freedom is awesome!

bdearl41

I have done multiple solo trips in my life. Helsinki/Stockholm, 3 weeks in China, Veitnam, Turkey, Italy, etc. But WDW would never be one. Its a place that is where you go with friends and family. A solo trip is to challenge, find, and experience yourself, WDW is not a place for any of those things.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom