Worst Resort

M:SpilotISTC12

What do u think is the worst resort in WDW. I think the Yacht Club because i had a horrible time and it seemed dark and not lively. The only thing I liked about it was Stormalong Bay.

DivineMadness7

Originally posted by ISTCNavigator57

I also am not a huge fan of the Contemporary. Chef Mickey's is fantastic, but the Resort is so...blah.

I think the Contemporary just needs a face lift...

No, I don't think it's the most beautiful or "luxurious" of resorts, but the Contemporary brings back Disney memories for me..

It was the first resort I stayed at (age 4). My grandparents have always loved that resort, staying there since it opened. So I think the Contemporary is more about memories with my grandparents, then of my surroundings there.

My least favorite (having stayed at POR, Wilderness Lodge, Contemporary and CBR) would definately be CBR.

I would love to take the time to walk and enjoy the sites, and oftentimes I do exactly that. BUT, when you just want to get drink refills quickly before turning in for the night....you don't really feel like taking a 15 minute walk to get them!

Upvote 0

Ringo8n24

Definitely Coronado Springs is the worst. It would be ok for a business trip, but the layout is way too unfriendly for a family vacation. The people working the food court were so rude. I absolutely love Wilderness Lodge and Port Orleans Riverside. They were very relaxing for a family getaway and the people at Riverside were wonderful.

Upvote 0

careship

Hmm

I've stayed at FW, Dixie Landings (POFQ now I think), CBR, All 3 All Stars, OKW, and WL. I have visited every resort though to visit friends or have a lookie loo before making ressies. My least favorite was Dixie Landings it just was very boring for me. CBR I hated how far everything was from my room. I Love the All Stars, prefer Sports of the 3. Can you guess I have boys?

Upvote 0

johnvree

I have loved all three of the resort that we have stayed at: Poly, AKL and the Swan. If I had to pick the on I liked least, it would be the Swan. It didn't feel as Disney as the others. But that does not mean that it was not a nice resort. It was very nice. It was just up against tough competition.

If I expand the field to the resorts I have visited (which is most of them), then the All Stars get my vote. It has nothing to do with them being value resorts. I just don't like the theming that much.

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

beast said:
There are no visible chain link fences at the Contemporary Resort.

P.S. Every resort has parking lots.

Yes, understood the latter part, yet Contemp's seem to be all over. And CM parking for MK or something seems to be around there too. The lots do not seem separated from the Resort, wheras they seem hidden at most others. It's like the lots are at the base of the Tower. Other Resorts have them behind trees, on the outside a few yards away. It just doesn't "feel" right.

Upvote 0

brich

Did I already say I liked the CBR? hehe We always requested an area to stay there and were always accomodated. Never had a rundown room. Always clean. The walk was only a matter of 5 minutes. As a matter of fact, the walk was one of the biggest reasons we enjoyed the resort. It's disappointing to hear so many people rate it so low. Maybe since we last stayed there it has taken a fall. But again, we usually go at a slow time and have never encountered a lot of people there, which made it very quiet and relaxing. Versus the value resorts where we went over to check them out and couldn't leave fast enough. It was chaos over there. To each his own I guess.

Upvote 0

Shaman

hmmm...I've stayed at The Coronado, PO Riverside, AKL, GF, Swan, Dolphin, and I've been to most of the other resorts....I've only seen the value resorts from the outside (and have seen the huge lines in the summer for those resorts)...I like Pop-Century though....

I would have to agree with those that said CBR, it has so many negatives that I would never stay there...on a visit (while resort hopping)...I had to wait nearly and hour for a bus...it was hot, crowded and just not as "nice" as some of the other resorts...Coronado is by far the best moderate resort (just location alone and bus service alone)...

And I agree with surfsupdon Deluxe Resorts are overpriced...except AKL...there are some great AP discounts at AKL...and that resort is beautiful....anyway just my opinion...

Upvote 0

rokcandy

In a way, I'm not surprised that CBR takes the cake here. A lot of people don't like to deal with long distances and busses with a million stops when they're on vacation. And the food court seems to be busier now than ever. I, on the other hand, love being able to walk a bit to the food court, like by crossing the island, and find OPR to be quite calm during the middle parts of the day (I'd eat there only when I was going to spend a day soley at the resort). Plus, I usually have the priviledge of a rental car, and if I didn't I'd take the bus during the middle of the day to visit (when I was a CM). It's all in personal perspective and timing. The place is peaceful, beautiful, and very clean, just like all the other resorts. In fact, it's hard for me to state that there is a 'worse' resort than all the others. WDW hotels are the main reason why I love Disney so much. :)

Upvote 0

kellydisney

I think it's only fair to break it down because truthfully anything is better than the 3 old All Stars... Music, Movies and Sports.

Value - AS Sports. Not a big fan and they ususally have some type of event with high schools going on ie. lots of obnoxious high schoolers running around late at night

Moderate - POFQ - just don't like the theme. If you are going to spend money on a moderate, Port Orleans Riverside or Coronado Springs are better! Coronado I think is a rare mentioned gem among the resorts with an awesome atmosphere and great pool!!

Deluxe - Contemporary. I think this resort looks outdated and I don't like the whole futuristic theme. Best would be Polynesian or the Boardwalk, love the themes. And pool wise obviously Y&B for stormalong bay but the Beach is better theme wise IMHO.

But if you have the $$ a Garden Suite at the Boardwalk ilooks like the best place on earth! (though I've never experienced it first hand!)

Kelly

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

rokcandy and birch I must agree with you both!

Part of the allure of CBR is the walking. And yes, 5--10 minutes is a nice leisurely, peaceful, and tranquil walk. I look forward to it, and walking over the island and bridges back to Aruba especially in the warm late night hours after a day at the parks.

But, again, to each his own. I can understand that additional walking is not for everyone.

Upvote 0

TURKEY

Just so everyone knows, Music and Sports are 10 yrs. old, Movies is only 5.

Music is in the process of getting new mattresses, almost every building has been done and will be finished by the end of the month.

Upvote 0

BriJul

We've stayed at the Carribean, Coronado Springs, Poly, Animal Kingdom and Wilderness Resort. Carribean was fun when we went, (it was our first time), but the worst out of the lot we have stayed at.

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
I've stayed at CBR, CR, Polynesian, YC, BW, & Swan multiple times. Each has been my favorite depending upon my circumstances.

I stayed a CBR when it first opened (as a value resort) and my daughter was around 5 or 6. We brought her bike with us (I'm not sure if that's still allowed) so got around the resort just fine. The pool area was great, and the buses weren't bad because we were at the first stop.

However, I would have found the rooms too crowded once my son came along. There is 10 years between them, and it would have been difficult having them share the same bed. We then switched over to the deluxe hotels, and son slept on the daybeds once he graduated from a crib.

I'm afraid I've been spoiled, so only stay at deluxes these days. If I had to stay at CBR, I would rate it as my least favorite OF THOSE I'VE STAYED IN. I'll never stay in one of the value resorts; I'm just too high maintenance these days. :animwink:

Upvote 0

careship

I have stayed at all the value resorts. I just don't see spending the extra money on a moderate or deluxe anymore. When my kids were little I did the mods and deluxes because we spent more time in the room for naps etc. Now that they are teen/preteen, we sleep there and that's about it. They swim there but most swimming is done at Typhoon Lagoon. I prefer to save the money on the room and let them go hog wild in the stores. It really is all about personal preferences. I used to love camping at FW with my parents, but now that I'm an adult with a family, I don't want to wait for a shower. It's all about where you are in your life and what your preferences are and what you have been accustomed to over the years and many visits to WDW.

Upvote 0

HennieBogan1966

Account Suspended
Realizing that this is a thread about the worst resort, I am somewhat surprised at the reasoning behind disliking some of the resorts. Crowds? I'm sorry did I miss something? So you'd rather visit a theme park that's empty?
Seems like going to a movie theater where only you and your wife are there. That, to me, equals, no atmosphere. I would agree that I'd like to see a more competitive price on the value resorts, but overall I can't really complain. I think all of the resorts are great from what little I've been able to experience so far. I personally love The Contemporary. I don't see the "Jetsons" thing there at all. And The Poly, although it was years ago, was great even then.

We have stayed at the All Star Sports our last 2 trips and we have enjoyed both stays. Could things be better. They always could. But we're satisfied overall.

Upvote 0

Becky

If you are going to spend all your time at the Parks or DTD then any Delux is the worst resort (tons of money to sleep).

If you are going to spend a lot of time at the resort then any Value Resort is the worst.

If you are not sure then stay at POR :cool:

Upvote 0

brich

Crowds? I'm sorry did I miss something? So you'd rather visit a theme park that's empty?
The parks are never actually empty, of course. There are always enough people there to create "atmosphere". It's the difference of spending 2 hours standing in a line to get on one ride or riding 5 rides in the same amount of time, I'll take the later in a second. If it means fighting crowds to find a table at Old Port Royal at the CBR and standing in a 20 minute line for food or walking in, getting a meal in 5 minutes and having a selection of available tables, I'll take the later. I think the crowds definately play a roll in your resort experience. So a resort experience in the busiest of times versus a resort experience in one of the slowest times could be very different. If house keeping has twice as many rooms to clean in a busy period versus that of a slow period, could that be an issue? Maybe. As far as the over all maintenance of a resort, I'm not sure there is a good excuse for not taking care of a resort. I guess tight times create tight budgets and somewhere, something will have to suffer. :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom