Worst Resort

M:SpilotISTC12

What do u think is the worst resort in WDW. I think the Yacht Club because i had a horrible time and it seemed dark and not lively. The only thing I liked about it was Stormalong Bay.

bhg469

i know everyone is gonna hate me for this but ithink cbr is really bad, its always packed and the busses are always packed. in my opinion its one step up from all stars as far as crowds go.

Upvote 0

brich

Unfortunately, I have only stayed at CBR and Poly and loved them both. Of course staying at the CBR around November/December and having rented a car, we never experienced what bhg469 has. Not a knock. I would hate to comment on a resort that I haven't stayed at. I have visited them all and from that I would say, the resorts I would least likely want to stay would be All-Star, Pop and the such. Sorry, it's not exactly what you were asking for M:Spilot...:)

Upvote 0

Originally posted by bhg469
i know everyone is gonna hate me for this but ithink cbr is really bad, its always packed and the busses are always packed. in my opinion its one step up from all stars as far as crowds go.

I don't hate you for it, in fact I agree ;) Out of the Resorts we have stayed at I would say I was the most disappointed with Caribbean Beach. It's too spread out and, when busy, the food court is an absolute nightmare! The busses are crowded, though not as bad as the All Star ones. It's a nice Resort, but not worth the extra price above the All Stars which is why it gets my vote.

Upvote 0

1stStarIC2nite

Well, I actually don't think any of the resorts are bad at all. They're actually better than most hotels out there, haha. But, if I had to pick one or two, they'd be the All Star/Pop Century resorts simply because I think they look rather cheap and tacky, or the Fort Wilderness Resort because I just dont like camping hahaha.

Upvote 0

Pippa

I have stayed at 3 resorts (Boardwalk Inn, CBR and POR) and the one I was most disappointed with was the CBR too. Don't get me wrong it was fine but not as nice as the other two, this was before its big rehab though so maybe its better now. The Boardwalk Inn and POR were just as nice as each other but for different reasons, BW:location and POR:food court :slurp:

Upvote 0

t3techcom18

I have to say, but I like every Disney resort except......

1) POFQ, which I absolutely hate, because I do not like anything about the resort(It's weird; I don't like POFQ, but I like POR, especially because of the food court :animwink:

2) I have to agree with CBR. I personally haven't stayed in it, but I went there to drop somebody off there, I noticed EVERYTHING needs to be rehabbed....just look at the numbers of the buildings....the numbers are fading out fast. I told my Dad that they should rehab the place,and my Dad said that already did, just a year ago! I have to agree with my Dad on this one. CBR has been acted on by BAD maintenance. I am very disappointed with the maintance there. :mad:

Upvote 0

brich

Ouch, I'm out numbered here with my liking of CBR. That's ok. I just enjoy it there. Have had great rooms. Like walking over to Port Royal. Again, I haven't had to deal with crowds there so that may play a part. And it's been a few years since I last stayed there. But thats ok that no one likes CBR. That makes ressy's easier for me. Then again, I've converted to being a "house renter" these days so I don't expect to need ressy's at CBR anytime soon...:animwink:

Upvote 0

nicholas

Of the resorts I've stayed at: POFQ, POP, and AS:Music and the ones I've visited: Wilderness Lodge, AKL, Contemp, GF ... the one that stood out as being the least desirable (to my tastes) was All Star Music. And not becuase it's a value resort, as POP happens to be one of my favorites.

Upvote 0

bhg469

I stayed there years ago with my girlfriend at the time and i dontk now if it was because we were really young bbut they put us in the last building, IT BLEW!! always hated that resort since then

Upvote 0

PhilharMagician

Out of the two that I have stayed at Coronado Springs and CBR. I will say that CBR is by far worse. We were located so far away from everything. We went to the food court and we hated the way it was set up and only ate there that one time. The busses were almost always standing room only.

Upvote 0

marietta-stitch

I would have to agree that Coronado Springs is the worst. The set up of the resort and the rooms are not very desirable. Also, when we stayed there, was dirty and smelled really bad. Maybe it was just one time bad exprience, but I would not stay there agian.

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

My opinion of the "worst Resort," or better phrased as "least desireable," would be any current Value Resort. I have no problem with having value priced rooms and Resorts, but I feel that for the "value" price that is being payed by each family, there should be more amenities and perks. Aside from giant icons stuck to standard buildings the Resorts seem equivocal to a standard motel chain off property; small rooms, one sink (oh the horror!!), no slides at pools, and very limited recreation. The buildings just have flashier colors. I think this category of Resorts needs more punch for the dollar for it to be true Disney, and reasonable. (For the record, I feel the Values and Deluxes are overpriced and the Moderates are about right for what you get.)

If that were my only way to stay on WDW property, I would def. stay Value. However, I do not think I would ever stay at Contemporary. I do not like it for the grounds. Lots of chain link fences, parking lots, and cement. And the inside is way Jetsons. Ugh.

And, on a side note, I am surprised about all the dislikings of Caribbean Beach. Don't people enjoy walking and exploring the beautiful tropical grounds? Ahh, oh well, I'll take a walk there anytime. The place promotes fitness, lol.

Upvote 0

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
I would have to say the All-Stars. The cheapness and tackiness just doesn't go well with me. Plus, I don't like the rooms. They are pretty small and the beds are uncomfortable.

Upvote 0

Originally posted by surfsupdon
And, on a side note, I am surprised about all the dislikings of Caribbean Beach. Don't people enjoy walking and exploring the beautiful tropical grounds? Ahh, oh well, I'll take a walk there anytime. The place promotes fitness, lol.

Yes the grounds are beautiful, I even propsed to my wife on the "beach" there, but the Resort as a whole is on the bottom of my list compared to other ones.

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

I would have to go with All-Star Music...least appeal to me, whereas I love All-Star Movies and Pop Century.

I also am not a huge fan of the Contemporary. Chef Mickey's is fantastic, but the Resort is so...blah.

Upvote 0

beast

Originally posted by surfsupdon
If that were my only way to stay on WDW property, I would def. stay Value. However, I do not think I would ever stay at Contemporary. I do not like it for the grounds. Lots of chain link fences, parking lots, and cement. And the inside is way Jetsons. Ugh.

There are no visible chain link fences at the Contemporary Resort.

P.S. Every resort has parking lots.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom