worst orlando hotel ever

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
ErickainNJ said:
I was looking at staying here:

Best Western Lakeside
7769 W Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway
Kissimmee, Florida

It's for one night only so really only for sleeping and then heading out around 5:30 for the airport for an early am flight.

Everything on Irlo Bronson Highway, scares me. :lookaroun

*cough sleezy cough* :lookaroun :lol:

ErickainPA

I know this is an older thread now, but wanted to comment on our stay at the Best Western Lakeside.

We ended up staying 2 nights at BWL and it wasn't too bad, considering the price we paid. Our only issue was the extra resort fees that you are charged for coffee and such. Our fridge wasn't really getting things really cold and the toliet didn't flush unless you held the handle down for a little while.

Perk is they have a Pizza Hut Express (if you do this, make sure to pick it up yourself, delivery adds about $8.00 to the pizza price. There is a Walgreens just outside the parking lot (you can walk to it from your hotel room) to grab whatever items you need (mind you it's very much into tourists, lots of t-shirts and such) Easy access to the main highway, the parks and lots of restaurants.

bayoutinkbelle

epcotwsmd4me said:
My wife and I had a wonderful experience twice (2000 and 2001) at the Masters Inn Maingate on 192. It's actually on Entry-Point Blvd, which goes directly to the AK... Less than 5 minutes parking lot to parking lot actually.

We'll be staying there again in January and the rooms are really cheap - about 35-40 a night and they're clean, have minimal extras, but who cares? I go for the parks, not the hotel. Besides, 5 minutes to AK is hard to beat w/o going to a Disney hotel.

We really need to do that sometime though...

I'm late to this thread, but ...

I stayed at the Masters Inn on International Drive last summer. It was a great bargain since I was there for two weeks. Room was about $45 per night. It definitely wasn't deluxe, but the room/bathroom was clean and there was a microwave and mini-fridge. It was an unbeatable deal. I'm going to be booking again for this summer.

We just got back on Saturday from staying at the Masters Inn Maingate and stayed in a suite this time. Pretty nice - King bed, pull out couch, fridge, microwave, lots and lots of room, and was 76 bucks a night (AAA discount).

We really couldn't complain. Our 3rd trip with them and we really like it.

Other than the night we had a problem getting to our hotel since some yahoo decided to hold up a bank and take hostages... across from our hotel...

Luckily, all of the hostages came out ok physically. Unfortunately a sniper got him though... Sad news during an otherwise great vacation! 10 days even!

awalte7

Disagree if you'd like, but remember this is coming from a college student so cheap is very important to me.
Whenever I go to Disney I stay at the Econo lodge hawaii. The staff has always been polite to us and yes the rooms are outdated and sometimes smell a little musty but we never ran into any bugs. The way I see it is, I'm in florida, 5 minutes from the happiest place in the world, the air conditioning works, there's a pool, there's palm trees, a bed to sleep in, and a shower. I'm feeling wonderful because it all cost me under 35 bucks.
I don't spend any time in the room anyway. I wake up way too early, go to the parks, go out to a bar, go to sleep, then do it all over again. When I have a family, I'll splurge for an on-site suite. Right now I'm happy being cheap and using that money for mickey ears.:king:

I will admit that if you requested a room change they should have at least tried to help you out. I do know that a lot of companys use the econo lodge for business meetings and if they don't always have extra rooms available. I would be really irritated if my business booked something that cheap but I guess that's a whole other story:zipit:

MissM

I don't care what anyone else says but the one and only one time we opted to stay over off property it was at Doubletree Club Lake Bunena Vista (the one with the big pineapple) and it was horrible. :hurl: Water running all night, crappy a/c wall unit that sucked, dirty room, our "free breakfast" was coupons to the food court at the local mall (no really) and housekeeping arguging at the top of their lungs outside our door all hours of the night.

Awful. I'd never in a million years stay there again. And they had the nerve to charge $100 for the dump!

Avoid like the plague.
-m

TwoTigersMom

MissM said:
I don't care what anyone else says but the one and only one time we opted to stay over off property it was at Doubletree Club Lake Bunena Vista (the one with the big pineapple) and it was horrible. :hurl: Water running all night, crappy a/c wall unit that sucked, dirty room, our "free breakfast" was coupons to the food court at the local mall (no really) and housekeeping arguging at the top of their lungs outside our door all hours of the night.

Awful. I'd never in a million years stay there again. And they had the nerve to charge $100 for the dump!

Avoid like the plague.
-m
I wonder if this is a Doubletree standard? We stayed at a Doubletree at Buckhead in Atlanta. We hated it. The staff were all rude, they lost our tickets to the Braves game and wouldn't do anything about it. All the while I tred and tried to remain calm and civil. I managed to get my ticket situation straightened out. I asked for a crib and they sent me something from the '70's. The bars were so far apart I could have fit my head through let alone my baby's. It also had peeling paint (probably lead lol). I asked if the had a newer one. I was told this is it take it or leave it. I told them I'd leave it and i'd also leave the hotel and have the manager meet me out front with my car. Of course he wasn't there when my car came up so after I got my car loaded I went back in and all calmness and civilness (is this a word?) came to a halt. I caused a huge scene in the middle of the lobby, since all I wanted was my money returned itdidn't bother me to do this. I lett them have it too hahaha! Then the valet wanted us to pay for the hour we had been there and I let him know it was on the managers tab as I drove off. We went to the Westin down the road and ended up having a great weekend!

lunalovegoddess

Last year in early Oct., my mom and aunt had booked a room at one of the EconoLodges. It was near the same area. When they got to their room, they were exhausted. The sheets were wet, stained with all kinds of fluids, and there were bedbugs infesting them. The air conditioner had broken prior to their arrival and had soaked the carpets. The bathroom was grimy and the toilet clogged. Those were the worst parts about the place, but there were other problems that they experienced. She basically called us and switched to the Comfort Suites near I-Drive. The rooms were much nicer, with a decent amount of space and very clean. Most importantly, no bedbugs.
There is no excuse for not taking care of pests and changing the sheets on a bed. That is not a frill... that is a necessity.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Radisson Barcelo, at least the rooms in the south tower. It was basically just the room, the rest of it was fine. I hear the north tower is redone with sleep number beds and is very nice. We just got a cheap rate so they put us in the cheap rooms.

collegesam

good hotels

I hear Days Inn Maingate East isn't bad for it's price. Besides you get the convenience, but yes, you do get what you pay for. I am no stranger to that. I've stayed at the Polynesian, Contemporary, and local suites around Orlando. This is the first time in a while i've stayed at the Days Inn, so I'm hoping for a good trip. wish me luck.

uklad79

On my first trip over to Orlando before I had heard of sites like tripadvisor I stayed at the Days Inn Lakeside on Sand Lake Rd. What a dump! The third floor is blocked off at the floors on the walkways are sinking! The place needs to be knocked down it was falling down! I can not belive the state is so lax with these places. They need demolition orders slapping on them before it falls down and the Orlando hotel industry gets a bad name which deters travelers.
I now use tripadvisor reading all the posts not just going off the scores. I will be staying at the Rodeway Inn on I-Drive next mth as it look ok for the money and being run by the Rosens I imagine it must be ok.

barnum42

uklad79 said:
On my first trip over to Orlando before I had heard of sites like tripadvisor I stayed at the Days Inn Lakeside on Sand Lake Rd. What a dump! The third floor is blocked off at the floors on the walkways are sinking! The place needs to be knocked down it was falling down! I can not belive the state is so lax with these places. They need demolition orders slapping on them before it falls down and the Orlando hotel industry gets a bad name which deters travelers.
I now use tripadvisor reading all the posts not just going off the scores. I will be staying at the Rodeway Inn on I-Drive next mth as it look ok for the money and being run by the Rosens I imagine it must be ok.
I stayed there some years ago - I had a late package deal where the hotel was assigned on arrival.It was the most not special place I've stayed, it was kept clean but it really was tatty. Even the Chic-Fil-A next door was awful. :lol:

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
The Days Inn lakeside has been demolished already ;)

I bought 2 of their TV's for $60.

And Joe... don't you dare talk smack about my local Chik-fil-a :p

SIR90210

mkt said:

Be glad you have local Chik-Fil-A's, the closest one to me is in Nashua, NH. My cousins live there and the chicken's the only reason I agree to go. Worst hotel experience in the Orlando area? I'm real damn spoiled, so All-Star Music with my school band last year. Underwhelming.

barnum42

mkt said:

I like Chik-fil-a, but that branch was abysmal. Service so poor it would even be classed bad in England and staff with the IQ of pond life. Maybe it's improved in the last few years.

If you Google for Days Inn Lakeside you will find that there are a lot of out of date sites!

uklad79

matt you look too old to be wetting the bed :animwink: mkt good to hear that dump has gone. It was a huge site must have take at least a couple of guys to push over those buildings when they demolished it. I hope they only sold off the TV's I can not imagine anyone would want the beds or anything else from the rooms. I can just see the sale they had 695's TV's and piles of dirty beds yuk. The staff were just as vile as the hotel the police must be lost for something to do now they can not park up in the hotel carpark every night :rolleyes:

I stayed at the Embassy suites and it was the best off-site I have stayed at.If you consider Downtown Disney resorts off-site then I have a 2 places
The wyndam palace and grosvenor.In my book they are the pits.I try every trip to go out of deluxe disney/DVC but the last 2 times makes me want to spend the big bucks.I thought the Royal Plaza was okay but no way jose will I stay outside except for the Embassy Suites.I had friends come down and stay at the Days Inn on 192 by the go carts and hotrod cars and it was horrible.I could not believe they liked the place since it was very dirty and nasty.I told everyone to stay in the truck when we went over to say hello.What can i say the had dinner at shoneys and raved it was the best while we are eating at Ohanas in the Poly one night and the Yachtsmen the next night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom