Worst Meal at Disney

Mouse Man

Tutto Italia was the worst experience, food was awful and the waiter was just down right nasty and would not speak to my wife because her dinner came out cold and she politlely asked him to take it back and have it warmed. Needless to say his manors did not improve but his attitude changed when I politely informed him that I would like to give him a manors lesson outside if he cared to. He left right away and then I informed the manger of his actions and issues encountered. We did go back a following year and this time we waited about 45 minutes for our meal that was in need of a re-heating. We politely gotten up and left and ate at the San Angel Inn that we happen to love and never had a bad meal at.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Sci-Fi!

A boot-leather sliced steak and wedge of lettuce with generic blue cheese dressing. Blugh.

The only good thing--I was on the dining plan--I sent it back and they didn't charge me for it.

I knew what I was getting into, but I couldn't have believed it was actually that bad.

NOW.

I have been to San Angel Inn about 5 times and have loved it every time.
I have not experienced the bad food that everyone else has.
So--it can be good, I'd say. Really!

Plus, it has the best atmosphere of any restaurant on the planet, IMO.

Once, I was seated by the bathrooms, and that is definitely a big minus--so if they try to do that, tell them you'd rather wait for a seat with a better view.

But the food has been very tasty, in my experience.

While I've never had a bad meal at Sci-Fi, I also recognize the menu is limited and we're visitng for the surroundings.....

But San Angel Inn has been a source of nothing but terrific meals for us. If you're used to the Don Pablos/Chili's version of Mexican cuisine, then no, it's not the place for you. But the atmosphere is one of the best (although I do enjoy the Coral Reef), it's fun to watch the boats float by, and the food has always been wonderful for us.....

Mrs.Toad

I went for a week last summer and part of the fun for me is trying as much food as I can when I vacation at Disney.

I too went to the 50's and I had so many great meals there every time I have gone for the last 15 years or so, but this time I finally had a bad meal there and it was disappointing.

My fiance and I ordered the steak. I love medium rare and he likes well done and let's just say that both steaks looked exactly the same.

So the level of doneness was exact...both steaks were gray and stringy. Just a terrible taste that I still have nightmares about.

It was the meat quality they purchased. No preparation on Earth was going to save that piece of leather. Jean-Georges couldn't have saved it.

And yet I love the place and I will go back.

Because I am a helpless dope for anything Disney.

I read many posts over time and many people have commented on their dissatisfaction with the quality of meat.

San Angel was good, believe it or not.

I have gone to Alfredo but have yet to go to Tutto Italia. A little scared now after some of the posts I read.

Hate to nitpick but I didn't eat in Italy my last trip, however, but I ordered una birra ( one beer - Peroni) from the cart and the people gave us some major attitude.

I even speak Italian but it didn't help me in the least.

I'm still going back to eat at WDW. LOL!

Korfar

I guess we have been lucky. No horrible experiences but the ones we liked the least was Garden Grill and Tutto Italia. The atmosphere at Garden Grill was nice. I like the rotating floor and the characters but the food was just ok. We went to Tutto during free dining in November last year. Every place was booked until 8:00 except this place. That should have told us something. But it was a new place to try so we went for it. I had the lamb and it was grisselly and bland. Service was good though.

But San Angel Inn has been a source of nothing but terrific meals for us. If you're used to the Don Pablos/Chili's version of Mexican cuisine, then no, it's not the place for you. But the atmosphere is one of the best (although I do enjoy the Coral Reef), it's fun to watch the boats float by, and the food has always been wonderful for us.....
I'm actually going to dispute you on this. I have been to some fantastic authentic Mexican restaurants, and Cantina & San Angel pale in comparison. I'd rather have On the Border, or our excellent local places in Bloomingdale or Arlington Heights, than the bland mush from Disney. It's nowhere near Americanized Mexican food, let alone authentic. I will not try the new Hacienda when it opens. I sincerely cannot think of a worse meal than the one we had at the Cantina in 2006.

lighteningqueen

I'm actually going to dispute you on this. I have been to some fantastic authentic Mexican restaurants, and Cantina & San Angel pale in comparison. I'd rather have On the Border, or our excellent local places in Bloomingdale or Arlington Heights, than the bland mush from Disney. It's nowhere near Americanized Mexican food, let alone authentic. I will not try the new Hacienda when it opens. I sincerely cannot think of a worse meal than the one we had at the Cantina in 2006.

I am so with you there topoftheworld. It was the nastiest meal and we were not the only ones that thought so. It is plain just bad,not even close to authentic. I am a conisour of mexican food believe me. I lived in New Mexico for 17 years and once you go real mexican you don't go back. Nothing compares. I live in Texas and there is nothing that compares as well but.... there isn't even the worst Mexican food place in the town nearest us. It taste great compared to mush as you call it San Angel Inn. It felt like fat dissolving ughhhhhhhhh. I will not give the new one a try either. Just not worth wasting food or credit on just to watch a boat float by. This is MHO.

This goes for Boma as well with us

shipley731

Without a doubt - ABC Commissary. Years & years ago, I ate here every time I went to the Studios, but the food quality just started really going downhill. The last 2 times I got a hamburger, there where good sized nuggets of gristle in the patty & it was lukewarm at best. Husband used to get fish & chips, but they changed the type of fish planks that they used & he deemed them disgusting. He's gotten the chicken curry in there a couple of times, but the rice is cooked really "al dente". He had me try it & asked me if the rice was supposed to be crunchy like that. Yuck. I will never go back.

Only other really bad experience I've had was in Boma. I t had nothing to do with the food or the service - they were both great. It was the family that was seated next to us about half way through the meal. The kids were obnoxious! They knocked over their drinks & their parents drinks repeated, threw food at each other and onto the floor (one of the wait staff actually slipped, although he was able to catch hime self on a chair before he hit the floor), and they screamed the entire time. The parents seemed oblivious to the chaos & just order more cocktails when the kids knocked them over. I'll stick with Jiko or Saana from here on out.

Tomi-Rocket

Pizza Planet, but it was back in '05 so maybe it's improved since then. The reason? The pizza tasted like bad frozen pizza. That's bad because you can get half-way decent frozen pizza. We haven't eaten there since. :hurl:

A close second was Yak & Yeti but, I don't necessarily think it was bad just not prepared the way I'm used to. I ordered the honey chicken and it was prepared completely different than I'm used to so I hardly ate any of it. :(

New2WDW

We did not like the food at Akershus a few years ago, but we were only there to see the Princesses. Also, on our first visit in 2003 we got into Crystal Palace and really did not like the food and we felt cramped at the tables and trying to get to the buffet.

DisneyWall-E

Tony's Town Square had the worst tasting food I have ever had on property. The service was good and the atmosphere was also good. Second would be Hollywood and Vine. Food was bad but everything else was par. But in all fairness I have only been to each once so it could have been just that day was bad.

paul436

I will never eat at Tony's Town Square again if I can avoid it. I went there twice and it was awful both times. I was hoping the first night was a fluke but sadly it wasn't. How can an "Italian" restaurant not get spaghetti and meatballs right?:shrug:

EnchantedRose

As far as TS goes I would have to say Sci-Fi. The food was just OK, the waitress we have was horrible, kept forgetting refills on our drinks etc. A few days before Sci-Fi we must have waited 90 minutes to be seated at Crystal Palace, it was our first TS meal & FD...they had some issues since FD had just started....and that was a better experience than Sci-Fi!

And for CS the worst was the CS at Japan. Not sure of the name right now. Hubby & I ended up with stomach aches afterward...not cool!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom