Worst Meal at Disney

loveofamouse

I haven't tried many eateries as we tend to stay away from table services with our kids. But I will say the chinese food in China was HORRIBLE! We get better chinese from the delivery here at home. It was very bland and service really sucked.

We ate at the RFC in DTD last Dec. That wasn't great. It was mainly service, though. Slow to seat even though we were first at opening. Took forever for our orders to be taken. We requested kids' food out first. Instead, we got all appetizers, entrees and kids' food together which I REALLY hate. You end up with either a cold entree cause you ate your entree or a wasted app. They promo'd the app. Then, when we left, my friend accidentally left her leftover container and bag on the table. She didn't even walk out of the door! She immediately turned around to get it but they had already tossed in the trash :eek: seriously!? It was all of 15sec after we walked away. They offered to make another plate but, of course, it wasn't priority so we waited another 25min for that plate.

Don't remember the name of the place but we bought hotdogs at a stand behind the castle near pooh's play area. Well, all of the men ended up with food poisoning. My husband was vomitting in the bushes of tomorrowland. lol

Best breakfast was at RFC in AK. That was yum!

lighteningqueen

SAN ANGEL INN Need I say more. they need to cave that place in and start all over with the food. Atmosphere is alright if they do not seat you down at the bathrooms which they did for many of us. will NEVER give it another try.

OklaHoops

TS - Garden Grill - Worst character dining, blah service and mediocre food. Denny's is better.:(

CS - Pizza Planet at DHS - Pizza rivals Chuck E Cheese in blandness.:hurl:

Honorable Mention (or complaint) San Angel Inn - This is Mexican without flavor.:shrug:

Besides those places, we have had nothing but good experiences at the rest of Disney restaurants!:slurp:

Leianne

We just came back from Disney, and I must say, for the first time I was dissapointed. I actually hated every second we were there! Whispering Canyon. We went for lunch and they had maybe 5 tables filled. First, I felt like the location open in the lobby was a little off putting, but whatever. They seated us in the first table with arms length away from the check in desk. I asked to move to one of the many other open tables, and they said No! We moved anyway, I didnt feel comfortable listening to the conversation the hosts were having. Anyway, food was ok, service sucked and our waiter was horribly awkward. I would never go back. Isnt that place supose to be loud? Every second in there was painful. Never again.

CoastalX

Cant say that i have ever has a "worst" meal at Disney, but I do remember when I was around 12 or 13 going to a buffet in Norway, and the food wasnt that great. It was very different, but then again I was younger and I know at a young age Kids dont like different when it comes to food :)

Tom Morrow

Are you guys eating at the same Pizza Planet? The pizza you get there is the same personal pizza you get anywhere else on property, which is decent pizza. The taste is comparable to Digorno's, but I don't expect much from a quick service restaurant.

Some of the full service restaurants at WDW have amazing food. Many have average food but a great atmosphere. The ONLY one I've eaten at that has downright pathetic food is, as already mentioned many times, San Angel Inn. The entrees are essentially nothing more than bland, sloppy mush on a plate.

ScorpionX

My worst meal had to be San Angel Inn, hands down. We had to wait two hours for a plate of junk. I ordered a taco. When I picked up that taco, everything fell right out!
:fork:

Looks liek I get to put on a new one: Chef Mickey's. The characters were awesome (truly, great character interaction with our table, the kind where the rest of your section is filming what's happening at your table), but the food was meh, and our server.... well... there's no other word that I can think to describe him that would make its way past a Forum Filter.

Worst service ever, to the point where he actually yelled at US for asking to split our bill. Then when we asked a manager about it, she had the same attitude about it. For goodness sake, we were asking to split a bill, not for them to comp anything! That was over 5 years ago, and i still cannot recommend that place to anybody.

Jim B

The worst meal we ever had was a dinner at Tony's in the Magic Kingdom in the early/middle 1990's. I ordered spagetti & meatballs and my better half ordered a chicken parmisan dish. The meatballs were bland and tasteless and the spagetti tasted like it came from a can with watered down sauce. Her chicken parm was made with processed chicken and the sauce more resembled weak catsup. It was the first time we ate there and didn't go back to that restaurant for several years (visits to WDW) We did try it again and everything has been fine for years now. I guess we just hit an off day.

mls

Went last september...and Resaurant Marrakesh was terrible!! The food was sooo dry...horrible experience :mad: Soo dissapointed!!!!

I'm with you! I order a vegetable dish and it had no flavor and was boiled beyond all recognition. Mushy and nasty! It's a good thing my sons were distracted by the bellydancer or they wouldn't have eaten any of it.

DimpledDevil18

I don't think that I've truly had such an awful meal anywhere in WDW that I'd never go back again. That being said on our last trip I did have a bad food experience at Fulton's Crabhouse in DTD, but the server did everything in his power to correct the problem, so I wasn't upset. It was our "splurge" dinner of the trip to celebrate my parent's anniversary, so they insisted I order a $40 piece of steak. Well, maybe it was just the piece I got, but it was so fatty and rubberery that after only a few bites my jaw ached from trying to chew on it. Still, I'm not one to complain, so I managed to get maybe a quarter of it down before our waiter noticed that I wasn't really eating. He asked if everything was okay and of course my Dad very politely explained the situation to him. He apologized and offered to get me a new steak, but at that point I wasn't too hungry anyway. Then a few minutes later the manager came over to apologize and ask if he could get me a new steak. I filled up on dessert instead and when the bill arrived they had comped off my entire steak, which was a nice surprise because we hadn't expected them to do anything for us. I'm chalking it up to a fluke.

The only other negative dining experience we had was on another trip we believe that my friend got food poisening after eating fettucini alfredo at Spoodles on the Boardwalk. We'd had dinner, gone back to our hotel to change, and headed to Pleasure Island that night. Around 2-3am as we arrived back to AS Sports, she began to feel lightheaded and nauesous. At first we attributed it to the alcohol, but she'd only had three drinks. When she was up all night vomitting well into that following morning we figured that it probably was more likely something she ate.

irmonkey

It's a tossup between Rose & Crown in England and Yakitori in Japan. Actually puked after Yakitori so that was probably the worst.

Really liked Big River Grille at the Boardwalk. :shrug:

mickey2008.1

we have two. spirit of Aloha is god aweful. It started with a really bad greeter, then managaer, then waitress, and then the most horrible food in the world. Rotten salad, dry bread, some kind of cold tasteless ribs. My kids hated the adult food and asked for hotdogs and mac n cheese, and they said that was even worse, which it was. The best part was walking out into the rain.
Number two is Captain Jacks. Dirty place, poor service, overpriced, and really dry salmon and over cooked steak n lobster. Here in ohio, its like eating at red lobster, which is crap!:hurl:

Atomicmickey

Sci-Fi!

A boot-leather sliced steak and wedge of lettuce with generic blue cheese dressing. Blugh.

The only good thing--I was on the dining plan--I sent it back and they didn't charge me for it.

I knew what I was getting into, but I couldn't have believed it was actually that bad.

NOW.

I have been to San Angel Inn about 5 times and have loved it every time.
I have not experienced the bad food that everyone else has.
So--it can be good, I'd say. Really!

Plus, it has the best atmosphere of any restaurant on the planet, IMO.

Once, I was seated by the bathrooms, and that is definitely a big minus--so if they try to do that, tell them you'd rather wait for a seat with a better view.

But the food has been very tasty, in my experience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom