World of Color: Winter Dreams 2.0 debuts

wild01ride

Oh man...:(

I *think* I understand what happened with the "Let it Go" segment...

Last year I was blessed with stumbling across the Passholder/Media preview debut of the show.
I absolutely loved the "Let it Go" (and "Believe") portions.
So, when the Soundtrack became available, I bought it immediately and was disappointed at how mediocre the "Let it Go" song from the movie was compared to the WoC: Winter Dreams version!
So now, as best as I can understand, they've replaced the unique and much more orchestral version with the movie version? Ugh!

I'm set to go back in a couple weeks to see this year's show (which, many said would be unchanged...Grrr!)

Anyhow, I appreciate that they're doing new things but change for the sake of change (and fitting their marketing strategy) is not something I'm a fan of.

Nevertheless, I'll be thankful to be there! :)

TP2000

Original Poster
World of Color is scheduled to be dark from Jan 7th to March 15th according to multiple sites that have posted the refurb calendar for the resort. Here is the one from mouseplanet:

http://www.mouseplanet.com/10842/Disneyland_Resort_Update

Correct. A couple months after Miceage broke the news about Luigi's, Soarin', and World of Color upgrades, the refurbishment calendar for January was posted internally for some Disney CM's to see. It's not a calendar that is publicly available or viewable yet, but it's a very good source of info.

Websites like Mouseplanet published that internal rehab calendar that proves Miceage was correct, and are just parroting the information Miceage originally released months earlier about changes and closures coming to Luigi's, Soarin', World of Color, etc.

The other websites don't have any new information to add, just the internal calendar that seems to support the rumors Miceage originally scooped.

Figments Friend

........I think World of Color needs a Halloween theme show next year.

Now THAT would be epic, but they would have to be careful it did not come off appearing too similar to 'Fantasmic'.
I am sure something awesome could be put together, using the elements already present in the 'WoC' tech package.

As a huge fan of Halloween in general, this is a show i would enjoy seeing happen.

tirian

I saw WOC: Winter Dreams last night and thought it was flawed but lovely. Sure, the editing is kind of choppy, but it seems like all Disney park entertainment has been like that over the last couple of years. I loved the singalong, and "Joy to the World" was a bigger showstopper than "Let It Go." The crowd went wild.

Too bad Disney got PC and skipped the verses to Joy, because it's the Whitney Houston version from "A Preacher's Wife" and has the musical dynamics to blow the rest of the show away, especially the Frozen segments...

... Which are the only weak part of the entire production. Four songs are jammed into Act 1 for no purpose other than "It's Frozen." Except for the fire balls in "Summer" and a couple of synchronized water splashes when Elsa finally lets it all go, the movie segments are simply projected onto the water screens. I could've watched the movie at home. This is clearly shoehorned into the overall show.

But like I said, overall, Winter Dreams was great.

Disneyland should focus on its boring, unimpressive, ancient Christmas parade next.

Last edited:

DLPMagic

Hello,

I have found this interview, in french, of the show directors Katy Harris and Vasile Sirli. The end of the interview includes a good version of the song "make a wish that would last forever" :

Californian Elitist

Hello,

I have found this interview, in french, of the show directors Katy Harris and Vasile Sirli. The end of the interview includes a good version of the song "make a wish that would last forever" :

This has nothing to do with World of Color in California, USA. Looks like you're confused with the show in Paris.

wild01ride

So, I saw the Winter Dreams 2.0 show both Fri. (12/12) and Sun. (12/14)...
I could easily understand all of the comments posted previously about the choppiness, etc.
About the only thing better about this show than last year was that the Toy Story Nutcracker scene was cut down considerably.

The really weird thing is...at the 12/14 show, near the end of the show (I can't identify specifically when because it was so hard for me to concentrate on the storyline/flow and what was happening). Anyhow, unless I was going completely crazy, they included the "Let it Go" version from last year's Winter Dreams!!!

I thought that I was going insane when I heard it (and I must say that I debated not seeing the show on the 14th even though I had FastPasses and had the time...). It was a pleasant surprise, although I'm still unclear as to what was going on and why they would have made changes again??

Overall, I am still disappointed with this year's arrangement and am thoroughly waiting for the return of the standard show.

Anyone else notice this to either agree or tell me that I was losing my mind?

GiveMeTheMusic

So, I saw the Winter Dreams 2.0 show both Fri. (12/12) and Sun. (12/14)...
I could easily understand all of the comments posted previously about the choppiness, etc.
About the only thing better about this show than last year was that the Toy Story Nutcracker scene was cut down considerably.

The really weird thing is...at the 12/14 show, near the end of the show (I can't identify specifically when because it was so hard for me to concentrate on the storyline/flow and what was happening). Anyhow, unless I was going completely crazy, they included the "Let it Go" version from last year's Winter Dreams!!!

I thought that I was going insane when I heard it (and I must say that I debated not seeing the show on the 14th even though I had FastPasses and had the time...). It was a pleasant surprise, although I'm still unclear as to what was going on and why they would have made changes again??

Overall, I am still disappointed with this year's arrangement and am thoroughly waiting for the return of the standard show.

Anyone else notice this to either agree or tell me that I was losing my mind?

I haven't heard anything about Let It Go's 2013 arrangement being reinstated, but it's not entirely outside of the realm of possibility. I haven't seen the show in a couple weeks and the most recent YouTube videos I can find have the movie arrangement. That would be a happy change indeed!

Twilight_Roxas

If theres going to be a 3.0 they need to include What's This because well anyone notice the Jack Skellington ornament in the Winter Dreams finale?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom