working out for Disney

epcotisbest

So basically Green bean casserole with some cheese and broccoli instead of beans. Yum! Thank you!

Yes, just about the same thing. We have used fresh broccoli instead of frozen as well, but you need to pre cook the broccoli first if you use fresh. We steam it first, but not too mushy, just lightly steam. If you try to make the casserole with fresh broccoli without at least partially pre-cooking it, it winds up crunchy. Let me know how yours turns out.

epcotisbest

@Songbird76 my other favorite use for broccoli is roasted broccoli with other veggies and it is very easy to make. Just cut up some broccoli, potatoes, baby carrots, maybe some chunks of onion, bell pepper, whatever you like, place in a pan, toss with oil to coat all the veggies, season with pepper, garlic salt, paprika etc. and roast at 400 degrees for about 20-25 minutes until nicely browned. When you remove from the oven you can sprinkle on some finely shredded cheese and stick back in the oven for a couple of minutes to get the cheese bubbly, but the cheese is optional as it is very good with or without the cheese. Makes a very good side dish for just about any entree, even tofu (yeah, right).
I have also done this on the grill and the little extra smokiness just adds to the goodness.

Songbird76

@Songbird76 my other favorite use for broccoli is roasted broccoli with other veggies and it is very easy to make. Just cut up some broccoli, potatoes, baby carrots, maybe some chunks of onion, bell pepper, whatever you like, place in a pan, toss with oil to coat all the veggies, season with pepper, garlic salt, paprika etc. and roast at 400 degrees for about 20-25 minutes until nicely browned. When you remove from the oven you can sprinkle on some finely shredded cheese and stick back in the oven for a couple of minutes to get the cheese bubbly, but the cheese is optional as it is very good with or without the cheese. Makes a very good side dish for just about any entree, even tofu (yeah, right).
I have also done this on the grill and the little extra smokiness just adds to the goodness.
Oh I do this all the time, but I've never used broccoli. I do carrots, potatoes, red pepper, and an onion or a leek. And I use rosemary. Very tasty!! I'll have to try it with broccoli sometime! I bet brussels sprouts would be good too.

epcotisbest

Got in a nice, but quite chilly walk this morning. On a quiet Sunday morning, it is tempting to just pull the covers over your head and go back to sleep. When extra sleep is elusive you might as well get up, bundle up and walk.
Gonna do some grilling this afternoon, a spatch chicken with rub and cherry smoke and a couple of steaks reverse sear. Probably have the steaks for supper and save the chicken for tomorrow night's meal.
It is currently a balmy 38 degrees, but the cold does not affect the ceramic grill, just the old guy manning the grill.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Happy Sunday just a couple of LS miles to start my day because I'm cooking up a storm because of the storm. It seems as if I live on the rain/snow line so it could be anything from all snow to a mix of everything:mad: Seeing it's only 23 degrees as of now better safe than sorry if the power goes out because some idiot plows into a poll. At least with all the food in my oven my house is toasty warm:joyfull:

epcotisbest

I have a beef stew in the crockpot. But it has nothing to do with snow (we're getting less than 3 inches tomorrow morning). Sometimes I make stew because there's always leftovers -- and hubs can easily reheat it for himself during the week. (Oh, he calls it, "spew" . . . :hilarious: )
I enjoy a thick, hearty beef stew, especially with big chunks of potatoes, carrots and onions.

Sans Souci

Hello-

I was under the weather the first part of the week, so I took a little break. Then, my wifi became wonky and numerous phone calls with Comcast later, I decided to get Verizon FIOS. I am dunzo and finito with Comcast. So, I have been doing old skool DVDs. :hilarious: I finally got to use my "gym" and it's really good. It is carpet over pergo, so it's better on the joints.

I don't think we're supposed to get snow. I think I am just south of the "wintery mix" line, which means rain.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Hello-

I was under the weather the first part of the week, so I took a little break. Then, my wifi became wonky and numerous phone calls with Comcast later, I decided to get Verizon FIOS. I am dunzo and finito with Comcast. So, I have been doing old skool DVDs. :hilarious: I finally got to use my "gym" and it's really good. It is carpet over pergo, so it's better on the joints.

I don't think we're supposed to get snow. I think I am just south of the "wintery mix" line, which means rain.
Sorry I should have warned you about Comcast:( Sadly I'm far enough into the wood no FIOS yet where I am:( Glad you're feeling better:joyfull:

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Morning, I started today with some Kendell Hogan lower body. Seeing I got carp I'm breaking my day into a few shorter workouts so I don't wind up on my bum for extended period of time:joyfull: I have salad fixings and lots of leftovers including hot and sour soup:joyfull: The guys have pasta and rice and beans to keep them going.:joyfull:

Sans Souci

Sorry I should have warned you about Comcast:( Sadly I'm far enough into the wood no FIOS yet where I am:( Glad you're feeling better:joyfull:

We've had Comcast for 15 years and seemed to be one of the lucky ones who never had an issue. The wifi was always fast and reliable. Now, since we've moved it's been spotty and these past 2 weekends were really bad. If someone was streaming, the rest of the house lost the wifi signal.

Sans Souci

Today is a barre day for me. I have been doing a lot strength training working the bigger muscles, now I'll work the smaller ones for a bit. I am baking a coconut lime cake with pineapple compote for my birthday today. I woke up today with a small lump under the right side of my jaw. It is a bit tender and it feels soft. I made the mistake of googling "soft lump under the jaw" and I am wondering if I should call my doc or go to the dentist.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Today is a barre day for me. I have been doing a lot strength training working the bigger muscles, now I'll work the smaller ones for a bit. I am baking a coconut lime cake with pineapple compote for my birthday today. I woke up today with a small lump under the right side of my jaw. It is a bit tender and it feels soft. I made the mistake of googling "soft lump under the jaw" and I am wondering if I should call my doc or go to the dentist.
Happy birthday and I'd make an appointment for both :confused: Is it more jaw or neck. Sorry I'm not more help

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
I just got done doing the upper body part of the KH work out. Sadly it looks like all the predators will be home today because all the districts around me are changing from a delay to closings. There goes my no cooking day.

93boomer

Premium Member
Good morning! Dark skies with rain here. When my cat tried to get me up, I thought it was too early. Downright dreary! Sun supposed to be out later...maybe? Walk outside?
Got a quick and cold walk yesterday afternoon. I was bundled up so much I could hardly walk. Lol At least with the rain, we are in the 50s instead of 30s!
Just general cleaning and laundry today.
Chloe is doing well. She tried to jump up on the wall near the stairs and slid down on the steps but didn't get hurt. Thankfully she hasn't tried any more. I almost had a heart attack!
Dinner is leftover butter chicken or chicken pizza. I'll let DH choose.
Have a great day everyone! :)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning! Dark skies with rain here. When my cat tried to get me up, I thought it was too early. Downright dreary! Sun supposed to be out later...maybe? Walk outside?
Got a quick and cold walk yesterday afternoon. I was bundled up so much I could hardly walk. Lol At least with the rain, we are in the 50s instead of 30s!
Just general cleaning and laundry today.
Chloe is doing well. She tried to jump up on the wall near the stairs and slid down on the steps but didn't get hurt. Thankfully she hasn't tried any more. I almost had a heart attack!
Dinner is leftover butter chicken or chicken pizza. I'll let DH choose.
Have a great day everyone! :)
I'm so happy for you, Chloe is doing better and you're getting rain. I'd trade your rain for the mixed carp we're now getting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom