working out for Disney

MinnieM123

Premium Member
They're similar. Rotaries are circles. Jug handles are what what happens when you try and make circles safer. They do look like jug handles

So, they look like this?

mkldtnjXJ0QZtYN9PCf_Tcw.jpg

93boomer

Premium Member
Good morning! A big welcome home to @figmentfan423 !!
It is a little cool this morning with lower humidity. Could that be Fall trying to make an appearance? :rolleyes: It is very nice!
Got laundry to do, grocery shopping, and weights today.
Did anyone watch the live stream of the Main Street Electrical Parade last night?! It was awesome!! I will miss it a lot. It has always been my fav parade!
Hope you all have a wonderful day! :)

Songbird76

Hi all! I've been trying to catch up everywhere, and it's taking me forever because I'm working so much more now than I used to. I don't think I'm going to get caught up in this thread, so I'm just going to say hi and ask if I missed anything big while I was gone?
@Sans Souci, how is the new home treating you? And has school started there?
@epcotisbest, do you have anything good cooking?
@figmentfan423 , how are you doing now that you're back? What's your NON-Disney workout regimen look like?

I've not been doing workouts per se, but have been walking a lot anyway. I worked 13.5 hours last week, all walking, and one of the days was a day shift, so I had to bike there and back, too. This week, they've got me scheduled 3 day shifts and one evening shift, so I'll be riding my bike those 3 days, and it's mostly walking. Yesterday we had a choir performance outside and there was a market and whatnot, so I walked quite a bit. My feet are kind of killing me, so I need to rest up a bit. I don't work tomorrow, thank goodness. I really need a rest day!

Sans Souci

thank you and no worries. How do you like your new house? I hope you are finally getting settled in. BTW have you discovered blueberry wine yet?

I love my new house. I love the master bedroom and the yard--even though it needs a ton of TLC. It's coming along slowly. I just do what I can everyday. It's controlled chaos right now. We'll get there. I haven't tried blueberry wine, yet. I didn't even know it existed. Is it a Jersey thing?

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Hi all! I've been trying to catch up everywhere, and it's taking me forever because I'm working so much more now than I used to. I don't think I'm going to get caught up in this thread, so I'm just going to say hi and ask if I missed anything big while I was gone?
@figmentfan423 , how are you doing now that you're back? What's your NON-Disney workout regimen look like?

I've not been doing workouts per se, but have been walking a lot anyway. I worked 13.5 hours last week, all walking, and one of the days was a day shift, so I had to bike there and back, too. This week, they've got me scheduled 3 day shifts and one evening shift, so I'll be riding my bike those 3 days, and it's mostly walking. Yesterday we had a choir performance outside and there was a market and whatnot, so I walked quite a bit. My feet are kind of killing me, so I need to rest up a bit. I don't work tomorrow, thank goodness. I really need a rest day!
I'm doing an hour or so a day and a bit of yoga starting yesterday LOL and I'm going to add a bit of outside walking when I'm caught up and unpacked.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
I love my new house. I love the master bedroom and the yard--even though it needs a ton of TLC. It's coming along slowly. I just do what I can everyday. It's controlled chaos right now. We'll get there. I haven't tried blueberry wine, yet. I didn't even know it existed. Is it a Jersey thing?
It's a south Jersey thing. A few vinyards down there make it. Blueberries and cranberries are big down your way. Jersey tomatoes are famous, I hope you find a nice farm market before the end of the season.

Sans Souci

We're settling in ok. It's still a mess. My son starts school next Tuesday. I am enjoying your TR. :)

Goofyernmost

That looks delicious, except for the peas (peas equal = :eek: ) on top of those otherwise divine mashed potatoes!!
The only thing wrong with that particular depiction is that they are "canned" peas. Fresh or Frozen would be much more appropriate.

Speaking of workouts. Today I played 18 holes of golf. My car was in the shop and, this afternoon, when they called for me to pick it up, I didn't have a ride available so I walked the 2 miles in the afternoon 85 degree weather to pick it up. Now I know many of you are thinking... big deal... two miles and it isn't all that hot. Picture an overweight, 68 year old tramping uphill and down, just to get a ride back home. I have finally gotten to the age where I find it necessary to factor terrain, age and temperature in every flex of every muscle. Against my better judgment I once again survived.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
The only thing wrong with that particular depiction is that they are "canned" peas. Fresh or Frozen would be much more appropriate.

Speaking of workouts. Today I played 18 holes of golf. My car was in the shop and, this afternoon, when they called for me to pick it up, I didn't have a ride available so I walked the 2 miles in the afternoon 85 degree weather to pick it up. Now I know many of you are thinking... big deal... two miles and it isn't all that hot. Picture an overweight, 68 year old tramping uphill and down, just to get a ride back home. I have finally gotten to the age where I find it necessary to factor terrain, age and temperature in every flex of every muscle. Against my better judgment I once again survived.

Ever heard of calling a cab? Just sayin . . . :p

Goofyernmost

Ever heard of calling a cab? Just sayin . . . :p
Let's talk about retired and existing on a fixed income that hasn't been increased by our thoughtful overseers in Washington in over two years. Let's talk about spending another $460.00 on repairs for a car coming out of that fixed income. Let's talk about how the thought of paying someone to give me a ride when I just spent that much money to get my own, is just not acceptable. Besides that, I wasn't drunk, why would I need a cab? ;):hungover:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Let's talk about retired and existing on a fixed income that hasn't been increased by our thoughtful overseers in Washington in over two years. Let's talk about spending another $460.00 on repairs for a car coming out of that fixed income. Let's talk about how the thought of paying someone to give me a ride when I just spent that much money to get my own, is just not acceptable. Besides that, I wasn't drunk, why would I need a cab? ;):hungover:

You made a few valid points there. ;)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Just turning 13 years old and being active in both swimming and soccer I pretty much don't have to worry about working out it is just in my daily schedule most days even when I am at Boarding school I am on the Swim team in the Fall and the Soccer team in the Spring. I do know the importance of staying fit though and eating healthy as my Dad and Mom are both Doctors. Last year in the 7th grade for my English Compisition class I wrote a paper about kids needing to become more active and eat healthier.
I wish I knew more or even something about nutrition or exercise at your age.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Good morning I'm still adjusting to school scheduleo_O but I managed to do the 5 miles on LS's Ultimate 5 day walk. The recipe for allergy safe naan came out well along with 5 dips I made to go with it. I made apple chutney, mango chutney(Disney recipe), roasted red pepper hummus, a date sauce and camponata. I also made falafel (baked), tomato and cucumber salad and green beans porial. Everybody liked the green beans except for my dh but he's not a fan of turmeric. I'm hoping to get outside today but I still have things to get done around the house. Oh well what will be will be.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom