working out for Disney

epcotisbest

I like that vinaigrette recipe, must try it!

This is one of my favorites, it's Barefoot Contessa's vinaigrette:
  • 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
  • 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
  • 3 tablespoons champagne vinegar
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 1/2 cup good olive oil
I would note for @epcotisbest that if you're not accustomed to the flavor of olive oil, don't start out with extra virgin. There are light and extra light versions (they're not lighter in terms of calories, but not as strong-tasting), and you can always work your way up.

I'm also a big fan of the Good Seasons basil vinaigrette and garlic & herb dressing mixes. You can play around with different combinations of oils & vinegars that you add to the seasoning packet.
Thank you. I am going to try this. I will start off with light olive oil. Thanks also for the Good Seasons tip. Now i just have to get serious about giving up ranch.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Thank you. I am going to try this. I will start off with light olive oil. Thanks also for the Good Seasons tip. Now i just have to get serious about giving up ranch.

As Nike says, "just do it" :)

You'll be better off in the long run. Creamy Italian used to be my choice, but it's been decades.

And, proof that our taste buds are always evolving, I always hated balsamic vinegar, an then suddenly this year, I like it.

Just keep trying to make better choices, and good health will follow.

real mad hatter

Saturday morning from a wet and windy Scotland...Tonight is my Saturday take away and it's an Indian curry selection ( including veg side dishes ) from my local curry house...Forecast is 70mph gales tonight,and as I type this on my I-Pad, I can see the waves from the sea break over the wall approx 300 metres from my bay window..Tighten the hatch lads..Buckle down..It's gonna be a wild night..To all of you lucky folks who are having a better weather day..Keep safe and Keep on dancing..;)

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Here's a vinaigrette we really enjoy:

Japanese Ginger Salad Dressing
1 cup olive oil
1/4 cup soy sauce
Juice of 1 lemon (about 3 tbsp)
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 tbsp minced fresh ginger root
1 tsp Dijon mustard
2 tsp honey
Ground black pepper to taste

I put this over a salad of spring mix, mandarin orange sections and crunchy noodles (wonton strips)

epcotisbest

Here's a vinaigrette we really enjoy:

Japanese Ginger Salad Dressing
1 cup olive oil
1/4 cup soy sauce
Juice of 1 lemon (about 3 tbsp)
3 cloves garlic, minced
3 tbsp minced fresh ginger root
1 tsp Dijon mustard
2 tsp honey
Ground black pepper to taste

I put this over a salad of spring mix, mandarin orange sections and crunchy noodles (wonton strips)
This one sounds really good. Come to think of it, we had ginger dressing on the salad at Kimonos a couple of years ago while at the Swan, and it was fantastic. I actually asked for more...you know, too much dressing for me is just enough! Am going to try this.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
@epcotisbest, since you live in FL, I thought of you right away when I spotted this one in my recipe box, although I confess I haven't tried it yet. Clipped it out of Martha Stewart magazine

Citrus Vinaigrette
1/4 tsp finely grated grapefruit zest
1/4 cup fresh grapefruit juice
1/2 tsp finely grated orange zest
1/4 cup fresh orange juice
1/2 tsp finely grated lemon zest
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp rice vinegar (unseasoned)
2 tbsp EVOO
1/4 tsp coarse salt
Pinch of fresh pepper

That sure doesn't seem like it'll make much more than enough dressing for 2 salads, though--for all the effort that goes into zest in and juicing the citrus, I might double the recipe.

epcotisbest

@epcotisbest, since you live in FL, I thought of you right away when I spotted this one in my recipe box, although I confess I haven't tried it yet. Clipped it out of Martha Stewart magazine

Citrus Vinaigrette
1/4 tsp finely grated grapefruit zest
1/4 cup fresh grapefruit juice
1/2 tsp finely grated orange zest
1/4 cup fresh orange juice
1/2 tsp finely grated lemon zest
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp rice vinegar (unseasoned)
2 tbsp EVOO
1/4 tsp coarse salt
Pinch of fresh pepper

That sure doesn't seem like it'll make much more than enough dressing for 2 salads, though--for all the effort that goes into zest in and juicing the citrus, I might double the recipe.
I actually live in Georgia, but close enough. North Georgia about a nine hour drive from WDW. We often get fresh citrus up this way in the farmer's markets and someone is always going to bring a truck load to sell on the side of the road.

Figgy1

Original Poster
As Nike says, "just do it" :)

You'll be better off in the long run. Creamy Italian used to be my choice, but it's been decades.

And, proof that our taste buds are always evolving, I always hated balsamic vinegar, an then suddenly this year, I like it.

Just keep trying to make better choices, and good health will follow.
What she said!

Figgy1

Original Poster
Good morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wake up you sleepy heads, time to start the new week on a positive note. And I'm positive it's bleeping cold outside. The wind has died a bit, but I'm not going out for quite a while, @real mad hatter I hope your cold is gone and the weather has improved. I got my PS3 workout done, I'm loving it, lots of fun and something different every day. I'm going off in a bit to do some am yoga (Shiva Rea). A nice berry kale smoothie for breakfast, escarole with mushrooms and onions, a slice of toasted homemade organic polenta and a bit of homemade marinara for lunch and for dinner a spicy shredded veggie salad salad with garbanzos. May your week be magical, your journeys safe and your heart open.

Figgy1

Original Poster
Good morning!! Cold here too but sunny!!
Have no menus planned this week due to my procedure on Friday. But eating light and liquids on Thursday.
Got a lot done at DD's house but still a whole lot more to go! Tired but encouraged!
Everyone stay healthy and safe and move it!! :cool:
Good luck Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!! xoxo

LuLaSue

I like that vinaigrette recipe, must try it!

This is one of my favorites, it's Barefoot Contessa's vinaigrette:
  • 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
  • 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
  • 3 tablespoons champagne vinegar
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 1/2 cup good olive oil
I would note for @epcotisbest that if you're not accustomed to the flavor of olive oil, don't start out with extra virgin. There are light and extra light versions (they're not lighter in terms of calories, but not as strong-tasting), and you can always work your way up.

I'm also a big fan of the Good Seasons basil vinaigrette and garlic & herb dressing mixes. You can play around with different combinations of oils & vinegars that you add to the seasoning packet.
thank you for sharing!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom