working out for Disney

real mad hatter

Good Morning Statesiders,and the rest of Europe...Well I've have my breakfast..Hot lemon drink with grated fresh ginger ( Cheers Sue ) And my nose is leaking quicker than the Titanic..My voice sounds like Barry White..Okay..My rants over..Hope everyone is keeping better than me..:(....Stay fit people..Avoid the cold..Keep warm..Eat healthy..;)..

Figgy1

Original Poster
Good morning and remember to stay away from the candy today. @real mad hatter I hope you're kicking that bug's butt!!! I don't know if you can get it on your side of the pond but when I have a cold Gypsy Cold Care tea by Traditional Medicinals always seems to help. That and raw garlic mashed with lemon and honey. It's a beautiful morning here, at least for now, the rain will be moving in later. it's needed!!!!!!! As soon as the boys are gone I'm heading out before it gets wet. I really enjoyed a fluid power practice this am now I'm trying to decide what to do this afternoon. With the nasty storm coming in I'll need to do something to get the joints lubricated later. Seeing it's clean out the fridge day I'm not sure exactly what's going in each meal. except I'm putting a sweet and spicy orange glaze over some steamed veggies at some point. Have a great day, eat well and keep moving forward.

real mad hatter

Good morning and remember to stay away from the candy today. @real mad hatter I hope you're kicking that bug's butt!!! I don't know if you can get it on your side of the pond but when I have a cold Gypsy Cold Care tea by Traditional Medicinals always seems to help. That and raw garlic mashed with lemon and honey. It's a beautiful morning here, at least for now, the rain will be moving in later. it's needed!!!!!!! As soon as the boys are gone I'm heading out before it gets wet. I really enjoyed a fluid power practice this am now I'm trying to decide what to do this afternoon. With the nasty storm coming in I'll need to do something to get the joints lubricated later. Seeing it's clean out the fridge day I'm not sure exactly what's going in each meal. except I'm putting a sweet and spicy orange glaze over some steamed veggies at some point. Have a great day, eat well and keep moving forward.
Plenty of Gypsy north of Scotland.Love garlic..Love Lemon..Love Honey...But that's a weird combo..Are you trying to kill me off...LOL...:cautious:....Tonight I'am having home made chilli & rice with hot nachos...Extra hot...If it ain't spicy..It ain't nicey..;)

93boomer

Good morning!! It is cloudy but no rain yet. May have to walk at lunch to get it in today.
Just talked to the DD and they stayed up gutting the rest of the house until 4 am! They are pretty much living out of her car now!! Oh to be young and bounce back fast!! LOL We are going up this weekend to put in the bathroom, tile, and put up drywall. Electric and plumbing should be in by tomorrow! Keep your fingers crossed! This is a huge undertaking, but it is giving life to an old 30s house that they can spend their lives together in so it's worth it!!:)
Hope you all stay safe, healthy and move it through this weekend!! I will be gone so have a great weekend!! ;)

real mad hatter

Good morning!! It is cloudy but no rain yet. May have to walk at lunch to get it in today.
Just talked to the DD and they stayed up gutting the rest of the house until 4 am! They are pretty much living out of her car now!! Oh to be young and bounce back fast!! LOL We are going up this weekend to put in the bathroom, tile, and put up drywall. Electric and plumbing should be in by tomorrow! Keep your fingers crossed! This is a huge undertaking, but it is giving life to an old 30s house that they can spend their lives together in so it's worth it!!:)
Hope you all stay safe, healthy and move it through this weekend!! I will be gone so have a great weekend!! ;)
All the best in the house renovations...Been there..Done it..Got the T- Shirt to prove it..LOL..At one point Hatter junior came rushing into our bedroom one night during a thunderstorm and shouted the rains coming thro the roof..Rubbish we thought but it was true,so he hopped into our bed..10 mins later..Rain was coming thro our bedroom roof also..We abandoned ship and moved into the living room that night..Seems that the builders didn't expect any rain so left new roof exposed to the weather..We laugh about it now but at the time we were furious.:mad:...

93boomer

All the best in the house renovations...Been there..Done it..Got the T- Shirt to prove it..LOL..At one point Hatter junior came rushing into our bedroom one night during a thunderstorm and shouted the rains coming thro the roof..Rubbish we thought but it was true,so he hopped into our bed..10 mins later..Rain was coming thro our bedroom roof also..We abandoned ship and moved into the living room that night..Seems that the builders didn't expect any rain so left new roof exposed to the weather..We laugh about it now but at the time we were furious.:mad:...
OMG!!! I will share that story with her!! I think they have hit the wall after finding mice nests all behind the wall last night! No live ones but still! I told her no turning back now!! LOL Thanks for the good wishes, Hatter!! :)

Figgy1

Original Poster
Have a great weekend sending some pixie dust your way for a quick remodel!

epcotisbest

It is well known among our family and friends we don't do halloween. Still have to have candy around in case a stranger drives up our road. We are fairly secluded on our mountainside, so not a lot of cars around here, and no close neighbors, so walking door to door is impossible.
Anyway, had to get some candy just in case and got Russell Stover sugar free candy with the idea if we got no visitors, I could eat it myself...plan worked, no little goblins. But...those sugar free candies sure have a lot of calories...so much for my brilliant plan. Luckily, they are small, individually wrapped pieces and if I only eat one a day that should not be too bad...but I wonder how many chemicals and unhealthy stuff are in these things?

Figgy1

Original Poster
It is well known among our family and friends we don't do halloween. Still have to have candy around in case a stranger drives up our road. We are fairly secluded on our mountainside, so not a lot of cars around here, and no close neighbors, so walking door to door is impossible.
Anyway, had to get some candy just in case and got Russell Stover sugar free candy with the idea if we got no visitors, I could eat it myself...plan worked, no little goblins. But...those sugar free candies sure have a lot of calories...so much for my brilliant plan. Luckily, they are small, individually wrapped pieces and if I only eat one a day that should not be too bad...but I wonder how many chemicals and unhealthy stuff are in these things?
I've read the labels on those things and they should be disposed of at a toxic waste sight. No actual food was used to make them:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Figgy1

Original Poster
Good morning!!!!!!!!!!! The rain is pouring, but I got up and did the PS3 EA workout. I have just enough food in my house to make a smoothie and a salad for lunch. So it's off for my usual Friday madness. Can you believe less than 4 weeks to Thanksgiving????? This weekend at some point the boys are going through some cookbooks and my personal recipe collection to try and figure out what we'll be having. They've offered to cook this year:eek::eek::eek::eek: Something tells me this will be twice as much work, but what can you do? Have a magical weekend and keep moving forward.

real mad hatter

Well it's Friday yet again..Last night we had 4 little people for trick or treat..It's not the same when I was a kid..:oops:..Anyway,I'am fighting off this cold and tho today is sunny,it's still a bit chilly out there..I've been in the kitchen making chicken phall ( very hot ) curry for dinner tonight,with spiced onion bhaji and basmati rice..Home made Naans and mushroom Paratha's.:hungry:...I'll burn this cold right out my system..:devilish:..So to all my friends over yonder..Keep warm..Keep moving..And keep safe...;)

epcotisbest

Good morning!!!!!!!!!!! The rain is pouring, but I got up and did the PS3 EA workout. I have just enough food in my house to make a smoothie and a salad for lunch. So it's off for my usual Friday madness. Can you believe less than 4 weeks to Thanksgiving????? This weekend at some point the boys are going through some cookbooks and my personal recipe collection to try and figure out what we'll be having. They've offered to cook this year:eek::eek::eek::eek: Something tells me this will be twice as much work, but what can you do? Have a magical weekend and keep moving forward.
Raining here too, but radar shows it should be over soon. Then windy, but most of our leaves are just starting to change, so there will still be plenty to come down yet. Gotta get the leaf blower serviced.

epcotisbest

Well it's Friday yet again..Last night we had 4 little people for trick or treat..It's not the same when I was a kid..:oops:..Anyway,I'am fighting off this cold and tho today is sunny,it's still a bit chilly out there..I've been in the kitchen making chicken phall ( very hot ) curry for dinner tonight,with spiced onion bhaji and basmati rice..Home made Naans and mushroom Paratha's.:hungry:...I'll burn this cold right out my system..:devilish:..So to all my friends over yonder..Keep warm..Keep moving..And keep safe...;)
Four more than us, but a mean old fart lives here! Not worth the candy to visit I guess! Though a princess would open the door.

real mad hatter

Four more than us, but a mean old fart lives here! Not worth the candy to visit I guess! Though a princess would open the door.
Last year I put this wolf mask on just as Mrs Hatter opened the door to a bunch of kids..I was on my hands and knees and made a rush for the front door growling like an idiot..The kids took off at 100mph and Mrs Hatter refused to speak to me that night..:(..I thought it was funny.:rolleyes:..Maybe the legend of the Wolf lives on and that's why we had only four kids..LOL..

epcotisbest

Last year I put this wolf mask on just as Mrs Hatter opened the door to a bunch of kids..I was on my hands and knees and made a rush for the front door growling like an idiot..The kids took off at 100mph and Mrs Hatter refused to speak to me that night..:(..I thought it was funny.:rolleyes:..Maybe the legend of the Wolf lives on and that's why we had only four kids..LOL..
Too funny...but the quiet house, at least in my case, would be a bonus!

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
H

Here is you a recipe for that cider vinegar...
Mix 1/4 c. honey, 3 T. Dijon or coarse ground mustard, 3 T extravirgin olive oil, 11/2 T cider vinegar, and, salt & pepper to taste. Pour over mixed greens or spinach, add 1/2 c. thinkly sliced onion, 1 small apple-granny smith or any crisp apple will do. Can even add 4 oz goat cheese, crumbled or feta. You can change up the amts of any ingredient and adjust to your taste.
Hope you try this and like it!! You can use some of those apples you got up here!!;)

I like that vinaigrette recipe, must try it!

This is one of my favorites, it's Barefoot Contessa's vinaigrette:
  • 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
  • 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
  • 3 tablespoons champagne vinegar
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 1/2 cup good olive oil
I would note for @epcotisbest that if you're not accustomed to the flavor of olive oil, don't start out with extra virgin. There are light and extra light versions (they're not lighter in terms of calories, but not as strong-tasting), and you can always work your way up.

I'm also a big fan of the Good Seasons basil vinaigrette and garlic & herb dressing mixes. You can play around with different combinations of oils & vinegars that you add to the seasoning packet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom