Wonders of Life photo post

Disney Fan Dan

Wow I never got to ride Body Wars, I remember my mom wanted me to go on it with her but we decided not to, wish we would have known it was going to be closing the next year. :(

Genie of the Lamp

I was a big fan of Coach's Corner and Cranium Command

Can you tell me what Coach's Corner and Cranium Command were like @RSoxNo1 please? The last time I was in WOL was when I was 8 which was 11 years ago and I don't recall myself experiencing them. Only Body Wars and the goofy health video area is what I remember. I know Cranium Command was an attraction, but what was Coach's corner?

RSoxNo1

Can you tell me what Coach's Corner and Cranium Command were like @RSoxNo1 please? The last time I was in WOL was when I was 8 which was 11 years ago and I don't recall myself experiencing them. Only Body Wars and the goofy health video area is what I remember. I know Cranium Command was an attraction, but what was Coach's corner?
Sure, Coach's Corner was an exhibit where you would have your swings reviewed in baseball, tennis, or golf. The cast member would assess your swing and play one of a few selected clips from a professional in that sport. I always did baseball, and the baseball player that reviewed it was Gary Carter.

Cranium Command was a show, the premise being that "Buzzy" a kid was piloting the brain/body of a teenage boy. He tried to get all of the body parts (played by different actors of the day) to work together as he took the teenage boy through a day at school.

What exactly was "Frontiers" in the back of the pavilion, currently where the Ghiradaelli exhibit is @ F&W?

Edit: I forgot this was walled of in 2001, which is why I don't recall it. I guess it was recently refurbished and unwalled.

backinaction

Omg this thread is bringing back so many good memories for me. I can remember doing coaches corner over and over again. I think i have some old vhs of it lying around my house somewhere. Frontiers was also another one of my favorite parts of the pavilion. I remember picking up the phone and getting scared that i would get some disease or something. I also loved body wars and cranium command. the making of me. the list goes on and on. what a terrible waste by disney. Man they really messed up epcot.

DocAlan02

I was a FutureWorld cast member in the early 90s and WoL was one of my spots, mostly in 1992. I loved the place and was really sad when it closed. I did the Cranium Command/Making of Me/Coach's Corner rotations. I also enjoyed he only comfortable costumes in FW at that time.

icecreamrules

Reading about this reminds me of the movie Osmosis Jones, where Bill Murray's insides were animated into a working city in his body. Funny movie actually, the Farrelly brothers directed it, with Molly Shannon, Chris Elliott, & had Chris Rock and a slew of others voicing the animated characters. I highly recommend it!

That being said, I miss the Wonder Cycles, you had to pedal them, and the faster you did the faster the video played. I would choose the DL video!
2806ix.jpg

RedFurredCadet

I wonder what buzzy looks like since his stroke in 2011...
2nd generation buzzy is a hell of a lot better than the one on the left - he's not even matching his animated counterpart!
I guess my explanation, according to a lot of research from various sources (including the infamous Extinct Attractions footage) would be to do with a lot of character development behind the protagonist - that Buzzy in the orange jumpsuit was actually supposed to be a more experienced pilot, Captain Cortex.
Written article with the included information, just about to track down just one more...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom