Wonders of Life photo post

JeffH

That's a REAL GOOD POINT. With Disney forcing healthy foods down our throats, they should reopen the Health pavilion, otherwise they're being pretty hypocritical. One of the kids meals at the new Beast Castle is Turkey Meatloaf...kids are picky enough eaters without 'fowling' it up like this (my daughter turned away from this, even though <real> meatloaf is one of her favorites) and I found it less tasty than regular meatloaf.
We are on vacation and we want REAL food that tastes GOOD...now if you want to offer healthy alternatives to the REAL food, than fine, but don't take away the real, regular, tastier food.
Offer meatloaf but have a healthy alternative turkey meatloaf choice as well.
If they want to teach us to eat better then let us decide by giving us our plate of meatloaf and include a sample plate of the alternative turkey meatloaf.

roel olivarez

Body Wars came first...and in it's first incarnation proved too much for rider's stomachs (like mine), so it had to be scaled back.
I STILL THINK IF BODY WARS HAD BEEN CHANGED, THE PAVILION COULD HAVE BEEN SAVED, LIKE THE LAND WAS WHEN SOARIN REPLACED Food Rocks/Kitchen Kabaret
The problem with Body Wars was it was not very exciting and went nowhere (who wants to travel through the bloodstream and brain over and over again)...if this attraction, instead, visited various 'Wonders of Life' (wonders of the world), then, like Soarin' it would have been a real people pleaser. And if, like Star Tours now, it visited a random (let's say) 7 amazing places, then every ride would be different. The take off from Epcot would have been standard (ala Flight to the Moon you viewed your lift off from Tomorrowland), as would have the landing, and near the end of the ride something would go wrong warping the vehicle to somewhere unknown (another Galaxy, Pandora, a DeathStar)...and bring back venison stew.

It was really sad how Disney let this Pavilion die instead of trying to save it, especially considering how popular the other 'internal' pavilion The Land was. I imagine that Disney just decided that it was just wasn't profitable to support a 7th pavilion.
The REAL sad part was losing Cranium Command, one of the best attractions ever made.

How was cranium command I never went in the life pavilion sad face.

J03Y

oh my god it's been forever since i've been here! i'm actually crying, the memories! i was little but i still remember playing in the Sensory Funhouse and Cranium Command! next time i go to Epcot i need to visit this place again ugh!

J03Y

It's still awesome on the inside. They could clearly do something there and it's more relevant now than ever when you look at the unhealthy and fat state of Disney guests AKA Americans these days. Maybe they don't want to alienate them.

actually the majority of theme park attendants are tourists AKA people outside the country.

nice try though. ;)

cba

I'm always surprised when I see a thread from years ago start back up. I always wonder why. Then I realized "It started back up with a bump" Anyway, I miss World of Life. Is there still going to be that "selective demolition? I hope not.

dxwwf3

I would guess the majority of WDW's guests are both Americans AND tourists.
During my most recent trip about 4 weeks ago, I would guess maybe 1/3 of the guests I encountered was speaking English. It really was unreal. I heard more French than all of my previous 65 visits combined

Yes you are right, but it sure doesn't feel that way in the parks somedays.

donaldtoo

Considering all the fascination with mummies, vampires, zombies and the like these days, they should just re-theme it as the "Wonders of Death/the Undead" pavilion.
They'd be packin' 'em in year 'round. Especially for Halloween.

Genie of the Lamp

During my most recent trip about 4 weeks ago, I would guess maybe 1/3 of the guests I encountered was speaking English. It really was unreal. I heard more French than all of my previous 65 visits combined

Don't forget the Lations either! They definitely come in droves.

tdpolo26

Body Wars came first...and in it's first incarnation proved too much for rider's stomachs (like mine), so it had to be scaled back.
I STILL THINK IF BODY WARS HAD BEEN CHANGED, THE PAVILION COULD HAVE BEEN SAVED, LIKE THE LAND WAS WHEN SOARIN REPLACED Food Rocks/Kitchen Kabaret
The problem with Body Wars was it was not very exciting and went nowhere (who wants to travel through the bloodstream and brain over and over again)...if this attraction, instead, visited various 'Wonders of Life' (wonders of the world), then, like Soarin' it would have been a real people pleaser. And if, like Star Tours now, it visited a random (let's say) 7 amazing places, then every ride would be different. The take off from Epcot would have been standard (ala Flight to the Moon you viewed your lift off from Tomorrowland), as would have the landing, and near the end of the ride something would go wrong warping the vehicle to somewhere unknown (another Galaxy, Pandora, a DeathStar)...and bring back venison stew.

It was really sad how Disney let this Pavilion die instead of trying to save it, especially considering how popular the other 'internal' pavilion The Land was. I imagine that Disney just decided that it was just wasn't profitable to support a 7th pavilion.
The REAL sad part was losing Cranium Command, one of the best attractions ever made.
I loved cranium commander honestly my favorite attraction at epcot when i was younger along with the mexican attraction i always loved that pavillion and still do.

openendedsky

BuMP?
How About BUMP? Or perhaps bUMP. Or maybe BuMp. Then there's always bumP.
You're thinking that this post is nonsensical and a flagrant waste of time? Yeah, I was thinking the same thing about your bump.
what about PmUb??
I just had a major buzzkill..I thought this was from today and I was like ITS REOPENED?!?!??
Then I looked at the date....
yeah, I got way too excited way too quickly. Read through it anyways and found it interesting.

I didn't realize Soarin took over the space in the Land that was Food Rocks. I was still a wee little kid before I started going to EPCOT recently, so when I went to The Land I just figured food rocks had been upstairs or something.

JeffH

Food Rocks queue area was in the area where you get your Soarin fastpasses and the attraction (small theater) was where the entrance is. The bulk of Soarin is new building space beyond that, though.

openendedsky

Food Rocks queue area was in the area where you get your Soarin fastpasses and the attraction (small theater) was where the entrance is. The bulk of Soarin is new building space beyond that, though.
I knew that much, but it'd been so long I couldn't really visualize it. Thanks!

EOD K9

Of course I started reading it and thinking it was open. Mind you, I thought this thread meant it would be open for a year round Festival Center. I had no delusions of it being its former self. Then I see the pics and look at the date. WOW. I do enjoy going in there even if it is only for nostalgia purposes. Ah the good ol' days.

TRONorail10

That's a REAL GOOD POINT. With Disney forcing healthy foods down our throats, they should reopen the Health pavilion, otherwise they're being pretty hypocritical. One of the kids meals at the new Beast Castle is Turkey Meatloaf...kids are picky enough eaters without 'fowling' it up like this (my daughter turned away from this, even though <real> meatloaf is one of her favorites) and I found it less tasty than regular meatloaf.
We are on vacation and we want REAL food that tastes GOOD...now if you want to offer healthy alternatives to the REAL food, than fine, but don't take away the real, regular, tastier food.
Offer meatloaf but have a healthy alternative turkey meatloaf choice as well.
If they want to teach us to eat better then let us decide by giving us our plate of meatloaf and include a sample plate of the alternative turkey meatloaf.

It was YOUR CHOICE to dine there. If you didn't want the healthier fresh cooked food, then Cosmic Ray's is glad to serve you your hamburgers, hot-dogs and chicken nuggets. There is simply no argument to this, it's your choice what to eat and where to dine.

jdmdisney99

Every time my family goes to WDW we figure out what nationality has the most people in the parks at that time. It's like a fun little game...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom