• Yes

Votes: 645 81.5%
  • No

Votes: 81 10.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 65 8.2%

• Total voters

FullSailDan

Just got home from the show and the husband and I were both impressed. (Thank god, the poor guy sat out for a good spot since 11...) we loved wishes, and still do. This is a different show, sure the message and "story" is a bit muddy, but the visual spectacle of it all in person definitely made up for it. I think this is one of those shows that, sure you see the projections online, but like the DHS Star Wars show, you just gotta be there to understand and experience how much depth is there. We're happy, night even be going back tomorrow after the pandora preview...

Dads 2 Boys

I have always been one to stay late into the night to watch a fireworks show. I can't see myself doing that with this one. It is a projection show, and sure the projections are super. However, they just don't spark the emotion the way other fireworks have done when they have combined the fireworks, with the narration, and with the music all together. This just did not have enough punch to make me want to see it again. I love fireworks lighting up the night sky, but the older I get the harder it is to convince myself to wait that long to see a show that won't have me grinning ear to ear at the end, the way Wishes always did.

To say there is not enough fireworks is laughable. There's twice the fireworks than Wishes.

It's a combo of both and has plenty of pyro

THEMEPARKPIONEER

It almost reminded me of a Christmas special with heartwarming songs and beautiful instrumentals to break it up. It was different but i liked it. It took me 2 views to get used to it because it totally threw me off. It almost reminded me of Spectromagic a bit, modern films with a Clavicade od the classics and a Christmassy upbeat warm kind of feel to the show.

Last edited:

AndyS2992

It's a great show, it's very pretty, very nice range of characters and music so I'm pretty pleased. But it feels more like a temporary special event type of spectacular rather than a long term one eg the Summer Nightastic fireworks. I feel this show will get dated a lot faster than Wishes. One personal gripe I do have, when watching Wishes in person or online, I usually end up all tearful wreck at the end like the big baby I am, but I didn't really feel anything during this show. Oh and it's a little busy, it's hard to watch the fireworks and admire the projections at the same time but not a huge deal. But yeah overall it's very good. :) I think I still prefer Wishes though for the time being.

BAChicagoGal

Sometimes more is not better, when they are trying to include so many different Disney movies,scenes,characters,moments. I just watched this show from someone else's video, and I paid more attention this time to the synchronization of the music, and the fireworks. I know what I felt, and well perhaps just perhaps this is better seen in person than on a video. Still glad to have had the opportunity, due to the fact that I may never be able to see it in person.

WDW_Emily

I only listened to the soundtrack for the most on the live stream because I didn't want to spoil the show for when I see it in person. But I did see the finale. I agree with many of you saying there is no flow. I'm glad some under appreciated films like hunchback got a part in this show but I wanted more of a story line like Wishes. It became one Disney song after another and after a little bit, I wanted the finale to just come. I also am happy think still makes her flight. Wish the narrator was someone less bland (like say Jiminy Cricket?)

brb1006

Miles better than Wishes. How much more pyro could there have been? Just one big finale?

There is no pleasing some people. Absolutely none.

Come on if you do not like this show, You need to go back where you came from o_O:rolleyes:

Not sure how one could complain about the pyro.

Did you see the dragonfly?! The Moana swirl?!

I'm in awe. I think it flowed as well as Wishes. You have silences in both to "cleanse the palate" (and the sky) as it were. They grouped characters into a handful of thematic units (e.g. Friendship, love, danger, heroism, and conclude with guests being encouraged to chase their happily ever after). I thought the story was clear.
I actually enjoyed the show, I'm just happy we finally gotten a brand new fireworks show. I never seen this much mixed reactions from a Disney show in a while.

brb1006

I thought it was great, I'll miss Wishes, but things need to evolve and move on.

I wanted to shoot whoever was cutting from camera to camera.... Disney is the owners of the park... if they wanted to stick a camera directly in the middle of the hub to get a better shot they could. So stop with the zoom cameras from the train station, the off center angles, the focus on the projection to the detriment of the fireworks.... Lock a shot on center, and when it's thematically appropriate cut to a different camera, otherwise give a nice center shot with room to see fireworks.

Also, I really want a poster of the castle with all of the character portraits and fireworks in the background. I'll be there later this year, and I think that'll be my goal to get that shot.
I swear I saw Nick or Judy during the final character portrait during the finale. I think it was on one of the turrets. For those that get to see it in person can you let me know?

Last edited:

brb1006

Personally, I thought it was phenomenal. Characters interspersed among each other, great projections, impressive pyro. I thought the story flowed well, especially with the quotes from the films giving an interlude into the next segment.

The overall message about finding that "Happily Ever After" was abundantly clear with each song choice and narration, I think some of you are a bit too hard to please or just aren't looking deep enough into it. Started with a segment of longing for/determination, a segment of friend's, then love, some adversity, then encouraging us viewers...I love it.

And the new renditions of the songs were perfection. "Love is an Open Door" made me appreciate Frozen again, both Tarzan songs were great, "Go the Distance" was perfect, as was the Genie. And..."OUT THERE!!" Wow! And a snippet of "Be Prepared." Kudos to Disney!
I'm so happy they didn't used Let It Go for once.

rob0519

I agree. Lots of pyro, but it looks like too many movies to create a flow. Also, it used to be ok to watch Wishes from the back side of the castle. Now with the projections on the front being as much of the show as the fireworks, more and more people with pack into Main St.

hpyhnt 1000

Here is our video of the show with a static camera giving the perspective of a viewer in the park. It should give a very good idea of the amount of pyro and all the new lighting effects.

Wonderful video! Many thanks for the quick upload!

Definitely found my favorite part/detail: at 12:15 with "A flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all" as the firework shell mimics a flower growing and then bursting into bloom.

Also enjoyed around 2:30 where the shooting star lights the projected star on the castle, and at 6:50 where there's a physical smoke effect accompanying the projected Genie lamp.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom