• Yes

Votes: 645 81.5%
  • No

Votes: 81 10.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 65 8.2%

• Total voters

Kman101

When you think about it, it's somewhat unique that Wishes used Jiminy. Most entertainment uses an anonymous announcer with a voice that evokes the intended mood.

That's true, I hadn't thought about it that way but very true. I guess most of us were just assuming they'd continue that trend but the trend is really anonymous announcers.

jrhwdw

I'm happy I will get to see the 18-minute HEA this year before it inevitably drops to 16 minutes next year, 14 in 2019, 12 in 2020...and we are dazzled by the NEW, LARGEST NIGHTTIME SPECTACULAR IN MAGIC KINGDOM HISTORY (!) in 2021.
I get Hallo and I'm still not happy with the cut in Holiday Wishes: That was a beautiful part soundtrack. However Wishes was never cut

Disone

OK, This does sound more promising than I thought. We shall see what happens tonight.
One thing to keep in mind..... Do you love Wishes more now then you did the very first time you saw it? Did your love for it decrease or increase over time. For me, it decrease, but for Spectromagic, when I first saw it I was like "That was nice, I like it" but I strongly preferred MSEP. By the time Spectro was retired the two were on even keel for me, so clearly I grew to love Spectro. Even Rivers of Light I like more now after my sixth viewing, then I did after my first viewing. (Still needs a more grand finale).

Unlike you, I am totally ready to love HEA. I love love love then new song. Find your happily ever after is just perfect for the Magic Kingdom. Finally something that is not Celebrate, Dream, Magic, Wish, Magic, Celebrate, Dream, Wish, Wish, come true jargon. So I suspect I will fall into the camp of Love at first site.

For those like you, who really loved Wishes, there is NO WAY, this show is going to fill that void tonight. You WILL love wishes more. The question is, 5 years down the road, what will this show mean to you. I find with shows like this, repeat viewing make the bond with the show a bit stronger each time.

Of course it could also totally just suck, but I am hopeful at this point that it will not. I think they combined the night paraded and Wishes Budget into HEA. Lets just hope its not the death nail of a night parade ever returning to WDW.

VJ

Sounds like a typical modern pop song. Not getting much of a "timeless" vibe.
The show version will be much more orchestral and I really like the previews that have been put up on the Disney Parks channel. Though, if you're already inclined to dislike the show then there's not much I can do to convince you otherwise.

Gringrinngghost

Thank you to @wdwmagic for relinking my stream last night. I was humbly amazed at how many of you joined my live stream with Youtube's estimation of 2,974 concurrent viewers. Given the fact Disney is streaming Happily Ever After tonight, I don't think I'll go in park tonight. It was way to crowded last night, and I didn't get home till 1am last night. After being at Universal at 7:40am through 6 last night and heading directly to the Magic Kingdom afterward. I think I am going to wait this one out for a few days and let the crowds die down a bit. One of my buddies in the parks told me that it was already "nuts" at 1:45 this afternoon. I thank all of you for your support last night and hope to see you at Future live streams. AS of right now, again with Disney streaming Happily Ever After tonight, and the anticipated crowds - I'm leaning towards delaying to another night.

- James

Last edited:

Disney Analyst

Thank you to @wdwmagic for relinking my stream last night. I was humbly amazed at how many of you joined my live stream with Youtube's estimation of
2,974 concurrent viewers. Given the fact Disney is streaming Happily Ever After tonight, I don't think I'll go in park tonight. It was way to crowded last night, and I didn't get home till 1am last night. After being at Universal at 7:40am through 6 last night and heading directly to the Magic Kingdom afterward. I think I am going to wait this one out for a few days and let the crowds die down a bit. One of my buddies in the parks told me that it was already "nuts" at 1:45 this afternoon. I thank all of you for your support last night and hope to see you at Future live streams. AS of right now, again with Disney streaming Happily Ever After tonight, and the anticipated crowds - I'm leaning towards delaying to another night.

- James

Thanks for the stream! It was wonderful for those of us who have seen Wishes many times, but wanted to experience it for the final time!

Speedy71

New poster for HEA is up

Well at least Pandora is presenting it again.
64655ac4cd8a35d6ec59143af1010e7f.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom