Wine Bar George opening in Disney Springs late 2017

Jon81uk

So which are the pretentious eateries at DS? Having eaten at almost all of them, I have not found any of them to be pretentious. And for what you get, they are not over-priced either.

STK is the only one that looks pretentious to me. I didn't go in there or Boathouse but Boathouse has a more relaxed look even if the pricing is similar. But we ate at many places at Disney Springs and it didn't seem any more overpriced than the rest of WDW. Blaze Pizza was a relative bargain compared to every other quick service meal at WDW.

Slowjack

Apparently the bar lighting produces x-rays. I know Disney is committed to using Photoshop to crank out the concept art these days, but they could have at least made the people fully opaque. :)
Wine-Bar-George_Full_30331.jpg

Slowjack

She is so busy and overworked, that she just appears as a blur to the naked eye. ;-)
Wait a minute, you may be on to something. Maybe this is mislabeled, and is actually a concept for a bar with a Haunted Mansion theme, and that's a Pepper's Ghost effect. :) "We have nine hundred and ninety-nine delightful ...spirits...here. But we have room for a thousand."

drwadadli

Very hard to shop and eat there when most items are priced way above what normal people can afford.
I did "UPSCALE". And, I disagree with eating there. The food is slightly higher priced but you would get that at any resort whether it was WDW or Cabo San Lucas or if you went to any top city whether New York City or Las Vegas or Los Angeles or London or Dublin or Cologne. I sure don't consider myself rich but an a medium-class couple and we do some shopping there but not a lot because we have the same shops there as we have here in Charlotte. So, I disagree that the prices are WAY above.

Plus, have you actually walked around Disney Springs and looked at the shops??? They have a Sunglass Hut (which can be found in any mall or outlet mall), Coca-Cola Shop (similar to the ones in Atlanta, New York City, Los Angeles and Las Vegas), or Disney Design-a-Tee (where most shirts are under $15). Yes, those shops are mixed in with Lacosta, Anthropologie, Columbia Sportswear, Francesca's, and Tommy Bahama. Most of these stores are available at our malls here in Charlotte. But I guess you also don't shop at the world's largest World of Disney or Under Armour or Levi's or the Lego Store.

Last edited:

drwadadli

Oh you mean outlet malls where people can actually afford to eat instead of over-priced, pretentious eateries?
You must never go out to nice or fancy restaurants. I guess your idea of eating out is McDonald's or Taco Bell or TGIF or Olive Garden or Red Lobster or Outback (the last four are 80's restaurants that never kept up with the times and therefore are overpriced for the cheap quality of food they offer).

drwadadli

STK is the only one that looks pretentious to me. I didn't go in there or Boathouse but Boathouse has a more relaxed look even if the pricing is similar. But we ate at many places at Disney Springs and it didn't seem any more overpriced than the rest of WDW. Blaze Pizza was a relative bargain compared to every other quick service meal at WDW.
Totally agree!!!

So you haven't actually gone into many of the stores there, have you. Uniglo, for example, has many Disney tees for under $15. Hardly seems priced way above what most normal people can afford.

Oh no, I have been to MANY of the stores and I go every year and the random T-Shirts being priced "affordably" is the very rare exception rather than the norm. Everything is WAY overpriced. Co-Op, Basin, Candy Cauldron, Splitsville, Marvel Store, Hat store, Movie theatre and on...and on... everything is too expensive.

At least in an Outlet Mall in New Jersey things are priced lower.

So which are the pretentious eateries at DS? Having eaten at almost all of them, I have not found any of them to be pretentious. And for what you get, they are not over-priced either.

T-Rex is overpriced. Example: Colossal Nacos should not cost $17.
Rainforest Cafe is overpriced and pretentious ...and on and on.

You already admitted you are a shareholder, so you look at everything with a bias. You would never see anything as over priced or pretentious because Disney making big dollars helps your bottom line and drives up your stock. So you already come at this from a skewed point of view.

But we ate at many places at Disney Springs and it didn't seem any more overpriced than the rest of WDW.

That right there proves my point. For you to have to compare the pricing of the restaurants in Disney Springs to the pricing in the rest of Walt Disney World.....where they charge $3.00 for a bottle of water.....shows how expensive the food is in Disney Springs.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
T-Rex is overpriced. Example: Colossal Nacos should not cost $17.
Rainforest Cafe is overpriced and pretentious ...and on and on.

You already admitted you are a shareholder, so you look at everything with a bias. You would never see anything as over priced or pretentious because Disney making big dollars helps your bottom line and drives up your stock. So you already come at this from a skewed point of view.
Neither of those are high end at all. I have no idea if they are overpriced (or even care), as we have no desire to ever eat there anyway.

My opinions are my own, and me being a stockholder does not influence my opinion one way or another about anything Disney related. I have called out many things over the years on these forums that I don't like about what they have done DS is not a miss at all. Please do consider that the MAJORITY of the higher end places in DS aren't even Disney owned.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Oh no, I have been to MANY of the stores and I go every year and the random T-Shirts being priced "affordably" is the very rare exception rather than the norm. Everything is WAY overpriced. Co-Op, Basin, Candy Cauldron, Splitsville, Marvel Store, Hat store, Movie theatre and on...and on... everything is too expensive.

It's nice that you have those places in NJ. Guess the people coming from other countries around the world should go to NJ to see those stores, instead of Disney. :rolleyes:

Please try to remember that the majority of the places to eat and shop there may not be directed at YOU. There are many people in the world that have never eaten at a Boathouse, or a Morimoto, or an STK, or a Paddlefish. Nor have they ever shopped in a Disney Co-Op, Basin, Candy Cauldron, etc. Try to remember that it isn't all about you.

drwadadli

You are talking about everything is overpriced yet you are from Hollywood, CA where everything is overpriced. I guess you never go to the movies in New York City where prices are $17.89 (just a simple movie seat) while AMC Disney Springs are $17.69 (seats are in groups of two, larger and lounge back and they can serve you a meal at your seat).

You talk about prices compared to what you have in New Jersey. Well since you live in New Jersey, you must know that New Jersey is the tenth most expensive state to live for 2017 (https://www.top10see.net/most-expensive-states-to-live-in/). Florida didn't even make the top ten so consider yourself fortunate to be able to live in one of the most expensive states. Again and again, these stores are no more expensive then if you saw them in a big city like New York City, London, or Los Angeles. So, I guess you don't shop when you go on vacations to these cities (or to WDW). WDW is like a city within a city.

I live in Charlotte and we have some of these stores here and they are no more expensive here than they are at Disney Springs. I am surprised if you have Disney's Candy Cauldron where you are as this is the only one. The last time I checked, there is no "Marvel Store" in Disney Springs but there is a Star Wars Store. I am also guessing you don't have a Splitsville where you are as there are only 7 in existence. Also, Splitsville are more than just bowling if you have never been inside one. The one in Virginia has a movie theater while the one in Ohio has a dance club. So, Splitsville is NOT just a normal walk-in 24 or more lane bowling alley.

@LuvtheGoof is very right. Disney Springs is not just for you but hundreds of thousands of other people.

You are talking about everything is overpriced yet you are from Hollywood, CA where everything is overpriced. I guess you never go to the movies in New York City where prices are $17.89 (just a simple movie seat) while AMC Disney Springs are $17.69 (seats are in groups of two, larger and lounge back and they can serve you a meal at your seat).

You talk about prices compared to what you have in New Jersey. Well since you live in New Jersey, you must know that New Jersey is the tenth most expensive state to live for 2017 (https://www.top10see.net/most-expensive-states-to-live-in/). Florida didn't even make the top ten so consider yourself fortunate to be able to live in one of the most expensive states. Again and again, these stores are no more expensive then if you saw them in a big city like New York City, London, or Los Angeles. So, I guess you don't shop when you go on vacations to these cities (or to WDW). WDW is like a city within a city.

I live in Charlotte and we have some of these stores here and they are no more expensive here than they are at Disney Springs. I am surprised if you have Disney's Candy Cauldron where you are as this is the only one. The last time I checked, there is no "Marvel Store" in Disney Springs but there is a Star Wars Store. I am also guessing you don't have a Splitsville where you are as there are only 7 in existence. Also, Splitsville are more than just bowling if you have never been inside one. The one in Virginia has a movie theater while the one in Ohio has a dance club. So, Splitsville is NOT just a normal walk-in 24 or more lane bowling alley.

@LuvtheGoof is very right. Disney Springs is not just for you but hundreds of thousands of other people.

If things are so expensive in New Jersey and I am complaining about how expensive things are in Disney...that should tell you something about how expensive Disney really is. I don't pay $3.00 for a bottle of water In New Jersey. I don't pay $4.00 for a bottle of soda. I don't pay $17 for a plate of nachos, or $13.00 for a hamburger. And I can go off property and buy food at local Florida restaurants and pay FAR less than they charge at the park.

Disney is a racket. They mark up everything SO much. The reason they do this is because they know they can get away with it. And when Disney loyalists like you defend every decision they make.....it makes it that much easier for them to get away with it.

The Disney-loyalists are the problem and Disney is feeding off of your gullibility.

Jon81uk

Co-Op, Candy Cauldron and the Marvel store are all still Disney owned, so they are still charging theme park prices.

Under Armour, Uniqlo, Zara, Levi's are charging standard full retail price for their brands, yes the outlets are cheaper, but the full price stores at Mall of Milennia or similar should be close to the same price.

Jon81uk

That right there proves my point. For you to have to compare the pricing of the restaurants in Disney Springs to the pricing in the rest of Walt Disney World.....where they charge $3.00 for a bottle of water.....shows how expensive the food is in Disney Springs.

Yes Disneyworld as a whole is overpriced, but everyone on this forum knows that. If you don't want to pay those prices for food then don't eat there. At least visiting Disney Springs is optional, its not like the theme parks where once you are into the park you have to pay the price unless you have brought a picnic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom