Wine and Dine- who's in?

Texas84

The night time race I ran at Disney was for the fun of it, not to do well. Adrenaline kept me going just fine during the race, but boy did I crash hard afterwards.

My friend who just finished the Goofy didn't do too well at the F&W last year. Let's say he was in no shape to attend the party. :hurl:

I think I am going to pay the outrageous fee. :D

Phonedave

My friend who just finished the Goofy didn't do too well at the F&W last year. Let's say he was in no shape to attend the party. :hurl:

I think I am going to pay the outrageous fee. :D

The run was not bad, but afterwards was horrible for me. Not because of the time, but because they lost my bag.

I sweat like nobody's business when I run. At the end of the F&W I was soaked. I could not have been more wet if you threw me in a pool. However they could not find my bag at the bag drop. There were no mylar blankets, and I had to walk around soaking wet. I was seriously chilled and feeling sick by the time I walked around the WS and went back to the pick up area and they had my bag and was able to change into dry clothes.

Hopefully that does not happen again.

-dave

fmingo36

The run was not bad, but afterwards was horrible for me. Not because of the time, but because they lost my bag.

I sweat like nobody's business when I run. At the end of the F&W I was soaked. I could not have been more wet if you threw me in a pool. However they could not find my bag at the bag drop. There were no mylar blankets, and I had to walk around soaking wet. I was seriously chilled and feeling sick by the time I walked around the WS and went back to the pick up area and they had my bag and was able to change into dry clothes.

Hopefully that does not happen again.

-dave
Wow that really sucks! Bag check WAS insane.
I was very unhappy with the finish line and the way everyone was crammed in to get there bags. Hopefully this year will be smoother for the runners.

malice

Add me to the list, airfare already booked. Just waiting for AP room rates to be released then I'm good to go.

HollyBelle

Hi, everyone! :wave: My husband and I are in... we just completed our registration. I'm not very active on this part of the forum, but hopefully that will change as we gear up our training. This will be our fourth Disney race in 4 years (Everest 2008/Full Marathon 2009/Princess Half 2010). I'm so excited!!

For those of you who ran last year, how is the character turnout? The fact that it is a night race has me thinking there will be less characters on the course.

Phonedave

Hi, everyone! :wave: My husband and I are in... we just completed our registration. I'm not very active on this part of the forum, but hopefully that will change as we gear up our training. This will be our fourth Disney race in 4 years (Everest 2008/Full Marathon 2009/Princess Half 2010). I'm so excited!!

For those of you who ran last year, how is the character turnout? The fact that it is a night race has me thinking there will be less characters on the course.

I am sure that others will have a better memory that I do.

There were characters out, not as many as in the Marathon (or even half as many) but there were a few.

Most of them were in Animal Kingdom and DHS. Most of the acts on the road consisted of bands.

I know the Green Army Man was on the approach to DHS, as ususal. I think Darth Vader was out in DHS. Some Spectromagic floats were out in front of AK.

There was some guy cooking stir fry when you got into DHS - not pretend, he had batches of stir fry going. That was odd.

Overall I would say there are less characters than in a day race, but there were still plenty of things to see as you ran.

-dave

JillC LI

The night time TOT13K had nearly no characters. That was disappointing. I do recall a mystery clue involving a reindeer character, but that was lame.

HollyBelle

Thanks guys... I guess the bright side to not having many characters on the course, is that I might actually set and attain a decent time. :lol:

Stir-fry on the course just sounds weird! I remember the chocolate candy they had in DHS during the full marathon... that made me want to puke, so I can't imagine how the smell of stir-fry would make me feel.

Katherine

Finally bit the bullet and signed up for the Wine and Dine Half-Marathon! I'm very excited to be running in the magic! I ran the full marathon in January and had a blast (or as much fun as one can have running that far for the first time :ROFLOL:)!

Also, went ahead and signed up for the Marathon in January! Now I have lots of motivation to keep up with my running!

tink65

Oh my! I finally bit the bullet and registered so I'm in! I had to change our travel dates and our resort of choice but that's all done!

This will be my first 1/2 marathon and I have to admit that I'm very nervous!

fmingo36

Holly,

I thought there were a lot of characters out and some rare ones too! (Dancing ostritches from Fantastia, Dug from UP, & Darth Vader, Remy & Emile just to name a few). And I know how much you love Chip & Dale..they were out in their Spectromagic outfits!
Plus plenty of characters at Epcot during the After Party.

Not character related...but running through the Osbourne Light Spectacular was pretty cool.

The only negative thing I found was that my pictures came out kinda of crappy due to the lack of lack of lighting. I only brought a inexpensive (and light) point and shoot for the race.

P.S. I love how you put you and your husband...So SWEET!

AUPr8Hd

Finisher's Medal

For those in it for the "bling" here is the photo of the medal posted on RunDisney's FB page.

Bling

It's the same design as last year with SSE. However, the picture looks like the color has been changed. I like this change as it gives the inaugural medal some uniqueness.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom