Wine and Dine- who's in?

Erin_Akey

Original Poster
So my husband and I are definitely doing the Wine and Dine. We would really love to do a breakfast or something and meet up with everyone from here who is running!

I would be more than happy to plan it once we know who all will be there. SOOO, as it gets closer, just let me know who all is in and who would like to participate.

Everyoneis so encouraging to each other during training, it would be really nice to all get together and celebrate a victory with either a meal, or cocktails after the race etc.

Anyone else feel free to chime in with ideas! i know it is a long way off, but our training began this week! :wave:

We are actually doing another half in April in ridgeland MS. too.

Phonedave

This may be the clincher.

I was toying with the idea of running it again. It IS during F&W after all. However I am out of DVC points for this year by that point (why do they go so fast) so It will be a cash trip. I also don't know how much vacation I will have left. Blah, blah, blah.

However, an (un)offical WDWMagic Running meet may just be enough to get me to run it again.

-dave

fmingo36

I did the Wine & Dine last year and loved it but after running my first full marathon last week, I think I'm going to plan to run the 1/2 in Disneyland. I want that Coast-to-Coast Medal!

Erin_Akey

Original Poster
I think this would be a blast! We can pick a place for either a breakfast or lunch in a centrally located place. This will be so much fun!!!!:sohappy:

dreamfinder

Thinking about it. But I did a night 5K and didn't do so well. My body was saying, "It's bed time dummy!" :D

But its fun. Wanna really mess with your body? Do the 5k in the morning and the half that night. Assuming they schedule them the same way this year as last. That was fun to do.

I want to do it again this year, but I don't know if I will be able to swing it. My AP will still be good, but I dunno if I can convince the wife. And that coast to coast medal is so tempting...........

Main Street USA

But its fun. Wanna really mess with your body? Do the 5k in the morning and the half that night. Assuming they schedule them the same way this year as last. That was fun to do.

I want to do it again this year, but I don't know if I will be able to swing it. My AP will still be good, but I dunno if I can convince the wife. And that coast to coast medal is so tempting...........
Yeah, I did the 5k in the morning with my wife and the wine and dine at night with my father this past year. It was a lot of fun. I'm definitely coming down for the half again this year so I'm up for a meet, too!

anc33

I am probably going to do the 5K with my mom in the AM and the half with my husband in the PM. I would totally be up for a little lunchtime and/or pre-race meet up. If it is at all like it was last year there is a lot of time to kill waiting for the corrals to open (maybe I just got there too early). Might be a good time to make some new friends and laugh off those pre-race jitters.

tink65

I'm in...we've already booked our reservations at pop. Registration opens Feb 14th!!

I am new to this forum but have read and reread various posts! Everyone seems to be such an encouragement to one another! I hope I'm in! I have never run a 1/2 so I need to get my courage up! I am also booked at Pop and I would only need to change my travel dates by one day to be there for the 1/2. I am hoping that Pop Century will be a host resort this year so transportation would be provided! I would love to get together and meet everyone!

Erin_Akey

Original Poster
I am new to this forum but have read and reread various posts! Everyone seems to be such an encouragement to one another! I hope I'm in! I have never run a 1/2 so I need to get my courage up! I am also booked at Pop and I would only need to change my travel dates by one day to be there for the 1/2. I am hoping that Pop Century will be a host resort this year so transportation would be provided! I would love to get together and meet everyone!

Come join us! And if I can run a half ANYONE can!

Texas84

I have a friend who wants to do the F&W half, so maybe...

Does the F&W half count towards the Coast-to-Coast medal? I know the Princess does. I'm grabbing that Coastal medal in 2012.

Erin_Akey

Original Poster
I am sitting here amazed that some of you managed to do the 5k in morning and then Wine and Dine that night!!!

YOU PEOPLE ROCK!!

I am not so sure I could do that! Hubby is sitting here saying it may be a good way to see how we would do in the Goofy...lol :ROFLOL:

Phonedave

I have a friend who wants to do the F&W half, so maybe...

Does the F&W half count towards the Coast-to-Coast medal? I know the Princess does. I'm grabbing that Coastal medal in 2012.

It does not appear so.

All they list is the Princess (and the Marathon and 1/2 Marathon)

-dave

Erin_Akey

Original Poster
Brad, totally off topic here, but meant to tell you, your baby is so adorable!!!! The pic from your race report is too cute!!!!

Wilt Dasney

It does not appear so.

All they list is the Princess (and the Marathon and 1/2 Marathon)

-dave

I'm not sure the extra medal for running the Princess and the DL half is the C2C medal per se. Their description is a little vague:

"Can’t compete in the Walt Disney World® Marathon or Half Marathon, but you still want to claim your Coast to Coast victory? Then grab your glass slippers and sign up for Disney’s Princess Half Marathon. If you complete both Disney’s Princess Half Marathon and the Disneyland® Half Marathon in the SAME calendar year, then you too will receive an additional medal commemorating your achievement."

That makes it sound like the Princess/DL combo gets a different medal than the WDW/DL combo.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Brad, totally off topic here, but meant to tell you, your baby is so adorable!!!! The pic from your race report is too cute!!!!

Thanks! We think so too! I've long said it's why I run....to see my girls grow old and to set a good example. Now my 5 year old wants to run in the kid events at next year's marathon weekend.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom