Will the Mexico-Germany Boat Ever Return?

Andrew25

This route makes far more sense from a distance perspective. The only reason why they're hesitant on running both routes is because it'll require an additional boat to reduce the longer wait times at each dock from having to stop and load/unload at each stop.

Disone

This route makes far more sense from a distance perspective. The only reason why they're hesitant on running both routes is because it'll require an additional boat to reduce the longer wait times at each dock from having to stop and load/unload at each stop.
I'm old enough to remember when both routes had two boats running on them and in addition to that there were double decker omni buses driving around the promenade. Why? Because #Disney

Disone

I love love love this new route. I know it's supposed to be temporary due to the refurbishment of the Morocco dock but honestly, I would like them to keep it. Makes the boat trip from one dock to the other just over 5 minutes long but also very scenic.

I sat in the open air seat in the back.

PXL_20240325_224618023.jpg

Friendship 8 pulled out of the Germany dock and then did a u-turn maneuver and started heading back towards the Morocco dock.

PXL_20240325_224907618.jpg

Goodbye Germany.....

PXL_20240325_224938035.jpg

....Hello Italy

PXL_20240325_224932654.jpg

Next was the American Adventure.

PXL_20240325_224949881.jpg

And up passing boat very closely.....

PXL_20240325_225011410.jpg
PXL_20240325_225024840.jpg

Passing the land of the raising sun was a special treat getting to see it behind the Tori gate....

PXL_20240325_225048774.jpg

And as we pass Morocco I super appreciated that instead of ending our journey, the trip was only halfway done.

PXL_20240325_225119932.jpg

Friendship 8 now turned south in took its regular route to complete its journey back to the Canada station.

PXL_20240325_225131864.jpg

I really really enjoyed this longer route. It lets you crisscross the lagoon, gives you a much better tour, and allows you to actually begin to enjoy the cruise experience. Whereas before you were pretty much ending as soon as it left the station. In fact one of the two hosts aboard the boat even played trivia with the guests.

muddyrivers

Does anyone know if the pilots had to take any sort of refresher training or do practice runs to go between these "new" docks? I can't imagine too many boat pilots remember doing this route, but since the docks are all the same maybe there really isn't anything to train or practice besides "park it there instead of here"

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Does anyone know if the pilots had to take any sort of refresher training or do practice runs to go between these "new" docks? I can't imagine too many boat pilots remember doing this route, but since the docks are all the same maybe there really isn't anything to train or practice besides "park it there instead of here"
They have been running it at least weekly over the last few months for new cast member orientation tours.

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"
Honestly they should do what TDS does and have the boats go clockwise around the lagoon. It would make waiting for a boat shorter and basically add an attraction.
I’ve always thought this too, it really would be a great idea, though you would probably need two different lines running from each World Showplace dock, having 3 stops each. It definitely could be done.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom