Will record breaking Jurassic World push IOA expansion?

JT3000

While there isn't enough space left to do anything major with JP, turning all of Toon Lagoon into JW would be waaay redundant, even if Kong weren't in the way. Too much space taken up by a single IP, but especially when you also have an unrelated ride that will likely contain dinosaurs as well.

The islands theme is basically already broken, with no body of water between LC and WWOHP. Not that most people will even notice. It was a nice detail, but one easy to overlook.

captainmoch

I don't think Jurassic World will get a huge expansion anyway. Probably a refurb of JPRA, with some updated AAs and a few new dinosaurs possibly, an overall face-lift made to resemble JW a bit more (with some resemblance to the original JP too of course), and a C/D-ticket attraction based off JW shoved in somewhere too. It wouldn't be huge, but I'd rather the "huge" expansions or face-lifts be saved for MSHI (DDFF and SFA leaving, with Avengers e-ticket coming), Toon Lagoon or Lost Continent. (both of which simply need a new theme overall, imo)

AJO

I agree a JW where Toon Lagoon is redundant and unnecessary. Might as well rename it Islands of Dinosaurs at that point, since they take up half the park. I could see a gyro sphere attraction with projections for the valley combined with live sets for more enclosed forest dinosaur-attacking-me scenes being put outside the constrains of the park. Uni has proven with Hogwarts express that they're open to backlot demolition for the good of the park. Lost Continent is a beyond tired land - I see a WWoHP Shrieking Shack expansion taking the upper half of it, while a Mt. Crumpet coaster/Whoville taking the lower half, especially with a new Grinch movie on the way.

JT3000

I agree a JW where Toon Lagoon is redundant and unnecessary. Might as well rename it Islands of Dinosaurs at that point, since they take up half the park. I could see a gyro sphere attraction with projections for the valley combined with live sets for more enclosed forest dinosaur-attacking-me scenes being put outside the constrains of the park. Uni has proven with Hogwarts express that they're open to backlot demolition for the good of the park.

Problem with that is Jurassic Park has Turkey Lake Road directly behind it. In fact, IOA in general has very little backstage to speak of, except for the northern sections (WWOHP, LC and Seuss.) Even then, they aren't likely to remove the production backlot for anything. Hogwarts Express was special because it's up in the air and already had a route available that allowed it to bypass any buildings.

Last edited:

CastleBound

They never expected this film to be as big as it turned out. People are clamoring for more stuff in the parks but I doubt it will happen. Even the stuff they are doing right now seems a bit rushed, (ie Raptor Encounter, banners & such). I just wish they had chosen a different spot for Kong, and I'm sure they do right now too. Big missed opportunity as Jurassic is going to be huge for years to come.

Any kind of layover wouldn't make any sense... My guess is most people won't really care about a JW layover over JP stuff. Only a select few like JT3000 and I would understand the in-congruence between the different timelines and what makes sense in the Jurassic Universe, so I really doubt they'll take the super-fans into their concerns. They'll probably just add to the banners... haha

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom