Wild Africa Trek- is it worth it?

Hi guys!

Going to the World March 1-March 6. Planning our AK trip for March 3rd. My GF has her heart set on the
Wild Africa Trek tour. I was trying to get out of buying her an expensive dress for her birthday and suggested this as an alternative. This didn't deter my girlfriend away from the dress, but rather convinced her she deserved both. I priced out the tour for our date...and the final number is *DRUM ROLL* 400 DOLLARS!!! :greedy::in pain::banghead:. She has broken down and offered to pay her half...but I am somewhat frugal and this decision is KILLING me. Anyone participate in this tour, and if so would you say its worth the hefty price tag? I've looked at reviews and they are all pretty good but seemed like the Pixie Dust snorters spammed the review board so I can't trust it.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks to Master Yoda, I've edited my original post to remove some elements that made this post seem a little fiesty :)

Last edited:

mschmitt1217

Original Poster
Hey y'all...just an update in case anyone cares..booked the trip for 3/4 but I got very sick from some food in DtD the night before and was having issues until about 5PM. Thankfully, after speaking with a manager, they rescheduled us for 3/6 at 1125 AM. I was skeptical due to the weather but it was our last day and we hadn't made it out to AK and my gf loves animals (hence the tour) so we booked it. It was POURING all morning and there was a chance of lightning...I was nervous. We got to the checkin and spoke with the tour guides (Megan and Paola were AWESOME) and waited for the next parties to arrive. I guess the weather scared the 11 other people and it was just the two of us!!!! I felt like a VIP...everything was amazing. The guides were the perfect blend of insightful and colorful and worked very well together. The bridge was scary..but fun. When we got to the pavilion to eat we were soaked and Megan got us tea and warm towels! Then the food...omg so good! I can't express how romantic it was to have the whole pavilion to ourselves. Just as we were preparing to leave the sun came out and Megan walked us further down the pavilion and we saw lions! Thanks to @Master Yoda @Betsyboo @Kingdom Konsultant for getting me out of Scrooge mode. If you'd like I could post some pics when I'm home (currently on 3hr flight delay)

Upvote 0

Betsyboo

Hey y'all...just an update in case anyone cares..booked the trip for 3/4 but I got very sick from some food in DtD the night before and was having issues until about 5PM. Thankfully, after speaking with a manager, they rescheduled us for 3/6 at 1125 AM. I was skeptical due to the weather but it was our last day and we hadn't made it out to AK and my gf loves animals (hence the tour) so we booked it. It was POURING all morning and there was a chance of lightning...I was nervous. We got to the checkin and spoke with the tour guides (Megan and Paola were AWESOME) and waited for the next parties to arrive. I guess the weather scared the 11 other people and it was just the two of us!!!! I felt like a VIP...everything was amazing. The guides were the perfect blend of insightful and colorful and worked very well together. The bridge was scary..but fun. When we got to the pavilion to eat we were soaked and Megan got us tea and warm towels! Then the food...omg so good! I can't express how romantic it was to have the whole pavilion to ourselves. Just as we were preparing to leave the sun came out and Megan walked us further down the pavilion and we saw lions! Thanks to @Master Yoda @Betsyboo @Kingdom Konsultant for getting me out of Scrooge mode. If you'd like I could post some pics when I'm home (currently on 3hr flight delay)
Awesome! Sorry you were sick but a private tour sounds great! It really isa wonderful tour and the food is amazing.

Hope your delay goes by quickly. Safe travels.

Upvote 0

BransonJ

Does anyone know if Disney buses will run in time to get you to the 8:00 am tour or will we need to take a cab? Planning to try this in October and would love to do the early tour to get more times in the park.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom