why the hate about the new entertainment?

Dwarful

on the way to my in laws today my girls (husband and two daughters 14 & 18) were talking about all the things they miss at Epcot from when they were little. The following are just a few of the things that were brought up: the changes to club cool...no longer walking through the frozen tundra as they put it, baking cookies with 'the cookie man' and getting free cookies from the 'magic' oven afterwards (yes, they still have their chefs hats), Grand Fiesta Tour, Body Wars (a Christmas trip several years ago was our last ride on that one), and the changes to several rides and the interactive areas...esp. after Figment.

So, if two teen girls can see the changes and miss them....surely others see and notice as well.

With all of these cuts I can see less time spent at the parks and more time spent offsite (more time than in previous trips, not more time each trip). Our trip in Feb. will only be 5 days with 4 hoppers....

Spike-in-Berlin

This.

People confuse the 2. Epcot is stale because they don't add new attractions. The entertainment at Epcot (and the food) are the only things it really has going for it. Not to turn this into a Disney vs. Universal thing, but this is the KEY difference between the 2. When Universal closes one attraction (which they do, and have closed favorites of mine), they always equal with the replacement, or better it. Disney goes backwards. Look at Epcot:

Living Seas to Nemo = Loser
El Rio De Tiempo to Grand Fiesta Tour = Loser
Horizons to Mission:Space = Loser
Spaceship Earth 100% to Spaceship Earth 75% = Loser
Wonders of Life to nothing = Loser

Test Track was the only thing they replaced something with that wasn't a bust, and that's arguable as World Of Motion was fantastic.

You forgot Journey into Imagination original to JII light without Figment to JII with Figment - Extreme loser and guaranteed walk-on.

imagineer boy

I really miss some of the old WS entertainment like the bird stilt walker guys in the UK and the living statues in Italy. Those little things really added to the over all experience and you got a good taste of the cultures too.

JIMINYCR

Because we are losing something we have come to know and like and look forward to seeing on each trip, being replaced by something we at this time dont know anything about. Having experienced other Disney "replacements" we have a history of being thoroughly disappointed and finding out they lack greatly in comparison to the things they replaced. Disney has gone with cheaper instead of quality every time and is satisfied with that.

Redsky89

Original Poster
Yep, but people have different views than you. They love off-kilter and it is part of their trip.
Hence me making this post and wanting to see other peoples views. I can understand why these changes are being made over a new ride in future world cause lets face it paying a couple of musicians is gonna be a lot cheaper then overhauling a already existing attraction or adding a new one entirely.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom