Why the DHS hate?

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
It's a garbage park. Everything that's been said in this thread is wrong with the place and then some. The Backlot Tour is the biggest joke of all. "You never know who or what you'll see on the backlot!" It gets me going to hear them still say that. Yup, totally expecting to find MMC'ers chilling outside after a taping or Tim Allen walking around. What a waste of 30-45 min. or however long is still is for no reason whatsoever.

Then you've got three shows and the main ride of the park that haven't even see the smallest of upgrades in 20+ years, a ride with awful capacity and a wait that can take up half of the day thanks to an unneeded FP line, empty buildings and dead ends (Sunset Blvd., I'm looking at you), a giant freakin' hat sitting in front of a beautiful recreation of a Hollywood icon, a tired nighttime show, poor dining options, etc. Yeah, there's two good rides in Tower and Coaster, but… that's it.

I don't know how Disney gets off charging a full day's admission to the place. o_O

rsoxguy

I don't have as big an issue regarding what DHS is presently as I do with what it could be if things were done properly. I go there, and I enjoy it, but I know that the potential for this park is so great that it brings the present condition to shame.

bethymouse

The reasons:
Studio Backlot Tour - This is actually less of an attraction over the years. "Nothing to see here folks, keep moving"
Indiana Jones - The show HAS NOT CHANGED since it opened in the late 80's.
Sounds Dangerous - waste of space, Even Disney has given up on this attraction.
Great Movie Ride - It's not timeless, needs to be upgraded. (My kids never heard of some of the movies)
Little Mermaid - Not even worth waiting for the next show to cool off in the AC.
Playhouse Disney - Young kids may enjoy it, If they had seats I might enjoy it as well.
American Idol - Waste of time to preform, should have only lasted a season or two.
Lights, Motors, Action! - Still OK but a few more visits and I'm putting this in the Indiana Jones category. (Maybe if they add Lighting McQueen & Tow Mater from cars it could get a few more years.)
IMHO you so hit the target!:D
SBLT is just not what it used to be, if it ever was anything but a Universal copy(sorry).:(
I'll never understand why DISNEY hasn't done ANYTHING w/ Indiana Jones!o_O
Sounds Dangerous is gone now w/ the Jedi Training Academy sign ups in there- def. needs something else!
GMR- yes update please!
LM- Well since the FL expansion is happening, then it's time to rethink that space too!:eek:
PHD- OMG- it does need seats! I thought I was the only one who felt that way!:D
AI- Well- the show has lost it's "flava" w/ Simon gone, and it'll be off air soon, so... Disney needs to quickly think of something new!:rolleyes:
LMA- It does have LM, but Mater would be a great addition!:D

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
sdfkjgsaldgksgjfshkdgf Fantasmic is the magical way to end a day at Disney :( usually, i go to one park first and then acfter lunch my family and i go to MGM and do all the Sunset Boulevard stuff and end everything with Fantasmic. oh you should see it at least once! it's beautiful, even more on a perfect weather day!

I will keep that in mid for our next trip. Maybe instead of hopping over to Epcot for dinner and Illuminations after a day at DAK, we could instead do dinner @ the Brown Derby and finish things up with Fantasmic. My only worry is how people say that you have to arrive 2 hours before the show in order to get admitted. My wife is the most impatient person on the planet and she would go absolutely ape %*!^ if we had to sit around for that long doing nothing.

bethymouse

OK whose fault is that?

Just because you haven't exposed your kids to some of the classics doesn't diminish their importance in the history of film-making.

I guess some people would rather the attraction feature the ilk of Sasha Baron Cohen and Jackass since that is the extent of a lot of the guests knowledge of fine cinema.
Fine cinema? Explain please...:confused:

bethymouse

i don't think downgrading the quality of film in the ride was what he meant ;)

i mean, there are movies in that ride that no one has heard of or even knew were made. what i think it should be is a look back at the old classics and the breakthroughs in film and visual effects and such. yes, this does include movies that aren't exactly close to getting Oscars, but i'm talking breakthroughs in film, which include the stuff that are like Transformers and such (not saying Transformers should go in, keep that in mind).
My boys love Transformers, but I think that might be a UNI thing?

bethymouse

sdfkjgsaldgksgjfshkdgf Fantasmic is the magical way to end a day at Disney :( usually, i go to one park first and then acfter lunch my family and i go to MGM and do all the Sunset Boulevard stuff and end everything with Fantasmic. oh you should see it at least once! it's beautiful, even more on a perfect weather day!
Fantasmic is good to see once, but if I had to choose, it'd be Wishes or Illuminations to end the night.IMHO;)

bethymouse

It's a garbage park. Everything that's been said in this thread is wrong with the place and then some. The Backlot Tour is the biggest joke of all. "You never know who or what you'll see on the backlot!" It gets me going to hear them still say that. Yup, totally expecting to find MMC'ers chilling outside after a taping or Tim Allen walking around. What a waste of 30-45 min. or however long is still is for no reason whatsoever.

Then you've got three shows and the main ride of the park that haven't even see the smallest of upgrades in 20+ years, a ride with awful capacity and a wait that can take up half of the day thanks to an unneeded FP line, empty buildings and dead ends (Sunset Blvd., I'm looking at you), a giant freakin' hat sitting in front of a beautiful recreation of a Hollywood icon, a tired nighttime show, poor dining options, etc. Yeah, there's two good rides in Tower and Coaster, but… that's it.

I don't know how Disney gets off charging a full day's admission to the place. o_O
I tend to agree w/ you. Unfortunately, if I had to skip one park, it'd be DHS.:( I love love love TOT, and I would love RNRC, but it needs a refurb/re theme even IMHO.:eek:

J03Y

Just so that I can better understand what you are saying...could you give me an example of a movie that is represented that nobody ever knew was filmed? How about just one that no one has ever heard of?

1. the Busby Berkeley dancing girls scene. it's just there, seriously, and i never knew what it was until my mom told me years after i first rode it.
2. unless you are a gangster movie fanatic, you won't know where the guy from Public Enemy is from.
3. the scene with Tarzan is unknown to people because it's about the live action Tarzan movies, which most people have never even heard of. i didn't even know for years that it was the live action versions.
4. i don't want to say Casablanca, but it's true. not most people know about it anymore, but there's enough space in the ride that they'd probably be able to keep this one.

those are the few i can think of.

bethymouse

I will keep that in mid for our next trip. Maybe instead of hopping over to Epcot for dinner and Illuminations after a day at DAK, we could instead do dinner @ the Brown Derby and finish things up with Fantasmic. My only worry is how people say that you have to arrive 2 hours before the show in order to get admitted. My wife is the most impatient person on the planet and she would go absolutely ape %*!^ if we had to sit around for that long doing nothing.
I think we got there maybe 1 hour before show time, and we got front row (and we got wet LOL).:D

2bornot2be

IMHO you so hit the target!:D
SBLT is just not what it used to be, if it ever was anything but a Universal copy(sorry).:(
I'll never understand why DISNEY hasn't done ANYTHING w/ Indiana Jones!o_O
Sounds Dangerous is gone now w/ the Jedi Training Academy sign ups in there- def. needs something else!
GMR- yes update please!
LM- Well since the FL expansion is happening, then it's time to rethink that space too!:eek:
PHD- OMG- it does need seats! I thought I was the only one who felt that way!:D
AI- Well- the show has lost it's "flava" w/ Simon gone, and it'll be off air soon, so... Disney needs to quickly think of something new!:rolleyes:
LMA- It does have LM, but Mater would be a great addition!:D

^^^AGREE 100%^^^

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom