Why is it that Epcot and Hollywood Studios...

jaklgreen

Epcot has good reasons.

1.) Epcot is known for drinking around the world and Disney knows it. The concern is the potential complaints from hotel guests that didn't go to Epcot that late. As we known, some people can be loud drunks. Guests in hotel rooms hearing loud drunks 1:30 - 2 in the morning would be complaining to Disney.

2.) Disney likes having a good potion of Future World close by 7 at night and that limits guests on what they can do in Future World. World showcase needs more attractions currently that aren't films.

3.) Disney knows Epcot needs a redo and having that park open 1 in the morning isn't a good idea as result unless Disney wants more drinking sales, food sales, or merchandise sales.

Epcot is my favorite park and I spend 80% of my vacation there. I also go for 2 weeks during the food and wine fest, which is the only time that I have seen drunk people at Epcot. And those were on the weekends later in the evening. None of those were rowdy or bothering anyone. This whole "loud drunks" at Epcot is blown way out of proportion. You all act as if the only people at Epcot are a bunch of drunks staggering around all day. Extending the hours has more to do with the lack of rides and Disney not thinking it would be cost efficient to stay open later, that's it.

wdwfan4ver

Epcot is my favorite park and I spend 80% of my vacation there. I also go for 2 weeks during the food and wine fest, which is the only time that I have seen drunk people at Epcot. And those were on the weekends later in the evening. None of those were rowdy or bothering anyone. This whole "loud drunks" at Epcot is blown way out of proportion. You all act as if the only people at Epcot are a bunch of drunks staggering around all day. Extending the hours has more to do with the lack of rides and Disney not thinking it would be cost efficient to stay open later, that's it.
Epcot has my been number 1 WDW theme park for years dating back to 1991, but I am not blind to stuff doing on. Epcot is my type of a park due it not being fast paced park.

I am a person who rarely drinks due to the medications I take.

I never went WDW during food and festival time before, but the group I am with has seen guests drunk at Epcot before. We seen guests drunk at epcot before and its not during the weekend. The drunk guests were loud and it wasn't during the weekend.

A couple people that I know that go around the time I go also seen people drunk swear up a storm before with that happening around the Mexico Pavilion. The same people say people going to Epcot already also saw people drunk before going to Epcot and those people planed to drink some more.

There is even youtube videos of people doing drink around the world, and at least one of the videos shown the people doing drink around the world become loud and obnoxious while drunk. I saw a loud and obnoxious drink and the world video a few year ago even.

There are quiet drunks, loud and obnoxious drunks, goofy drunks, and the violent drunks happen outside of Florida. There also is a such a thing a rate "R" drunk because I heard about years ago, but didn't happen anywhere close to Florida.

If you have problem with me saying loud drunks, I've seen that first hand at a popular local music festival that has many different acts besides Epcot.

Last edited:

jaklgreen

Epcot has my been number 1 WDW theme park for years dating back to 1991, but I am not blind to stuff doing on. Epcot is my type of a park due it not being fast paced park.

I am a person who rarely drinks due to the medications I take.

I never went WDW during food and festival time before, but the group I am with has seen guests drunk at Epcot before. We seen guests drunk at epcot before and its not during the weekend. The drunk guests were loud and it wasn't during the weekend.

A couple people that I know that go around the time I go also seen people drunk swear up a storm before with that happening around the Mexico Pavilion. The same people say people going to Epcot already also saw people drunk before going to Epcot and those people planed to drink some more.

There is even youtube videos of people doing drink around the world, and at least one of the videos shown the people doing drink around the world become loud and obnoxious while drunk. I saw a loud and obnoxious drink and the world video a few year ago even.

There are quiet drunks, loud and obnoxious drunks, goofy drunks, and the violent drunks happen outside of Florida. There also is a such a thing a rate "R" drunk because I heard about years ago, but didn't happen anywhere close to Florida.

If you have problem with me saying loud drunks, I've seen that first hand at a popular local music festival that has many different acts besides Epcot.

Of course there are some drunk people there, but I see more at the resort pool/bar area then on a regular day at Epcot. My point was that some people make it seem that if you go there on a regular day(non food and wine weekend), that all you will see is a bunch of staggering drunks.

JusticeDisney

Original Poster
I'm sure there are drunks at Epcot. I don't dispute that at all. But to act as if drunk people at Epcot is some kind of prevailing and continuing problem is pure folly. In all the countless times I have been to Epcot, I have never once had even a second of my time ruined or impacted in any way by a drunk person.

Rumrunner

It is a problem for the Disney resort guest when all of the parks basically are closing right after the firework shows. It means we all pile out to the bus stops at the same time and wait forever for a bus. It is a mad house. If they kept the parks open until 11 it would help everyone and be more customer friendly. 11 is definitely not too early to close the parks.

jaklgreen

It is a problem for the Disney resort guest when all of the parks basically are closing right after the firework shows. It means we all pile out to the bus stops at the same time and wait forever for a bus. It is a mad house. If they kept the parks open until 11 it would help everyone and be more customer friendly. 11 is definitely not too early to close the parks.

I agree with this. A lot of people would leave after the fireworks, especially those with little kids. But I think there would still be a good number who would still be going on the rides and that would spread out the mad exodus.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom