Why is it that Epcot and Hollywood Studios...

wdwfan4ver

Epcot has good reasons.

1.) Epcot is known for drinking around the world and Disney knows it. The concern is the potential complaints from hotel guests that didn't go to Epcot that late. As we known, some people can be loud drunks. Guests in hotel rooms hearing loud drunks 1:30 - 2 in the morning would be complaining to Disney.

2.) Disney likes having a good potion of Future World close by 7 at night and that limits guests on what they can do in Future World. World showcase needs more attractions currently that aren't films.

3.) Disney knows Epcot needs a redo and having that park open 1 in the morning isn't a good idea as result unless Disney wants more drinking sales, food sales, or merchandise sales.

JIMINYCR

If either park had enough attractions that interested guests that led them to stay later, spend their money at the shops and kiosks, and dined later, they would have a reason to increase hours. Disney has to cover the cost of CM's working longer hours and having things running which increases the cost of operating. If the numbers held up they could justify the extra time period. Maybe as DHS gets more exciting that will draw the numbers up. EP needs to be more improved and exciting as well.

Princess Leia

For my Epcot day this fall, they've got EMH until 11:30. Which I'm happy about because a) reservation at Le Cellier at 9, and b) when I checked a couple months ago, the EMH was only until 11, so it looks like Disney tacked on an extra half hour :D Other than that, it looks like 9:30 will be the standard closing time there.

DHS will be closing at 8:00 though :(

21stamps

For my Epcot day this fall, they've got EMH until 11:30. Which I'm happy about because a) reservation at Le Cellier at 9, and b) when I checked a couple months ago, the EMH was only until 11, so it looks like Disney tacked on an extra half hour :D Other than that, it looks like 9:30 will be the standard closing time there.

DHS will be closing at 8:00 though :(

I haven't even checked. Is this in November? Last year on my week HS closed at 7pm.. would be great to be open an hour later this year!

Princess Leia

I haven't even checked. Is this in November? Last year on my week HS closed at 7pm.. would be great to be open an hour later this year!
Yep. I'll be there November 24-29 (in the WDW parks the 25th, 27th- happy birthday to me- and 28th, Uni on the 26th).
Magic Kingdom now has EMH until 11 on the 27th (which was only recently added I think). Animal Kingdom, unfortunately, appears to close at 7 every day.

21stamps

Yep. I'll be there November 24-29 (in the WDW parks the 25th, 27th- happy birthday to me- and 28th, Uni on the 26th).
Magic Kingdom now has EMH until 11 on the 27th (which was only recently added I think). Animal Kingdom, unfortunately, appears to close at 7 every day.

Awesome!! I will be there the 26th - December 3rd. Almost same dates as I went last year with HS closing at 7.. this is great news!!!

Last year MK EMH got extended to 1am.. we went that night and didn't even arrive at the park til maybe 9pm I think.lol. It should be extended again this year hopefully.

Happy Birthday to you.. what a fab place to celebrate!

Princess Leia

Awesome!! I will be there the 26th - December 3rd. Almost same dates as I went last year with HS closing at 7.. this is great news!!!

Last year MK EMH got extended to 1am.. we went that night and didn't even arrive at the park til maybe 9pm I think.lol. It should be extended again this year hopefully.

Happy Birthday to you.. what a fab place to celebrate!
So far, it looks pretty sporadic as to what MK's EMH will be. Just happened to luck out with our days.

I really hope they change DHS to 9:00. Disney is on track to have 2 parks closing before 8:30 the Saturday after Thanksgiving, which sounds like a bit of a mess (Epcot will close at 9:30, and MK at 10).

21stamps

So far, it looks pretty sporadic as to what MK's EMH will be. Just happened to luck out with our days.

I really hope they change DHS to 9:00. Disney is on track to have 2 parks closing before 8:30 the Saturday after Thanksgiving, which sounds like a bit of a mess (Epcot will close at 9:30, and MK at 10).

DHS and MK were open late on that day last year. Even with the late hours I had no interest in being in the parks during that day.lol. We stayed at the resort and monorail hopped..stopping at CR and Poly for Trader Sam's.

raven

Epcot on NYE is really a high tbh. I've only done it twice, but both were fantastic times!
I've done NYE at Epcot several times and it's a blast! Sure, nearly everyone is drinking but they are all having a great time. Crowds are very heavy but it only seems bad in a few places. There are bands/dance parties in U.K. Japan, American Gardens Theater, Italy, China and on the fountain stage all at once and the separate ticket event inside of World Showplace as well. I've actually seen parents bring children to the event and they didn't look too happy, but then the Epcot party is really meant for adults. One of the best NYE fireworks shows in the world too!

Raineman

Oh How I miss the mid 2000's EMH nights at Epcot when it closed at 12...So nice and empty...

How I miss EPCOT Center closing at 11pm.

How I miss doing Horizons when walking out after the fireworks.

How I miss all of Epcot circa 1990...Ooops, guess I kinda wandered away from the Epcot closing hours thing, but I have to get my "I miss the old, better Epcot" in once in a while. Sigh....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom