Who still pays rack rates?

durangojim

I was discussing with my wife the fact that for the last 5 years (and going 2-4x per year) we have not paid rack rates. We've received AAA or more often AP discounts on each visit. Granted at the time we either had no kids or our children have not been old enough to be in school so we've been able to go during value or regular season, but I'm wondering how many people still pay rack rates without getting some form of discount?

Phonedave

My family and my sister and her boyfriend have stayed on Disney property the last several years. She gets discount offers and other stuff almost weekly in the mail. I don't because I book through my travel agent who gets me great airfare. I could still book the hotel on my own, but prefer to patronize her since times have been getting tougher on travel agencies.
Does anyone else notice this happen with them?

I book my own rooms because I am DVC, but I let Marie at KK know what I am a memeber of (AAA, Emerald club, Disney Visa, Telecomm Pioneers, etc) and she loosk to see if any discounts apply.

I still get loads of PIN codes in the mail and online too.

-dave

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Can someone explain the "bounce back" rate again; I am going soon and whant to understand before I ask about it. Thanks
In a nut shell there is typically a special offer that you can get if you book before your current vacation is over. This special deal can range from free dining to room discounts. You should find information about it on the table in your room but if you do not see anything go to the front desk and ask about it.

Upvote 0

KeithVH

Help me out here. never bothered with AAA before. Don't you, as the member, have to deal directly with them and make room arrangements only with AAA? Or can any TA use your membership to get you a discount?

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Help me out here. never bothered with AAA before. Don't you, as the member, have to deal directly with them and make room arrangements only with AAA? Or can any TA use your membership to get you a discount?
From my understanding another TA can book a room only at AAA rates. I have never personally done it but I have been told that I can.

Upvote 0

DisneyMom4

The only time I have paid rack rate in the last years has been as a part of the free dining offers. However, I've made up the difference in food as I have quite a few children :)

Years and years ago I paid rack rate.....because I didn't know any better. I'm thinking that most folks who go to Disney are like that now. I get phone calls throughout the year from people who know how much I like to travel there. They always want to know what deals I can find them. For some reason people think Disney deals are a heavily guarded secret. Go figure!

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

Any TA can book ROOM ONLY rates with Disney.

Only an AAA agency can book PACKAGE rates with Disney.

Upvote 0

Uncle Lupe

I just received my first pin code for free dining August to mid December and could save $523. :sohappy:

To bad we are not able to take advantage of this deal :mad: maybe in two years. :cry:

Upvote 0

fosse76

My first time staying on Disney property I paid the rack rate in February. I don't know if there were any discounts at the time, I was staying at a Value Resort so it didn't matter to me that much (and I went with a friend, so it was cheap). After that, I have had a discount of some type. I had free dining the following Spetember, but was sick most of the trip so booked another reservation that November. I think that one was room-only, but was discounted 40%. I booked another trip for that January and had free dining again (though I may be reversing the discounts, I don't remember). I then saw an offer for Value Season Rates for March (when they were charging Peak Season rates, so I booked another trip.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom