Which moderate has the most Disney magic? (no FQ)

DubyooDeeDubyoo

Simple question for the crowd: We're going to WDW after I hiked it alone last year. We've decided to do a moderate hotel again, and since I already did POFQ before we thought we should do a new hotel, so FQ is off the table.

We're old-school Disneylanders who don't get out east, and while I realize that there's not as much 'Walt was here' in WDW like there is in DL, is there one that seems more elaborately themed than the other?

Some other questions:

My take so far is that CBR is older and I know the buildings are in bright pastels inside and out that may not appeal to our masculine side. I know the rooms are larger, does that seem to come across when staying there, or is it mostly eaten up by furniture, etc? We don't do pools, so the number of pools at CBR is noted but irrelevent.

POR is my leading pick right now, it seems very Walt-ish to me with the waterhouse and the mansions and the fishing island and so on. I saw very little of it during my stay. However, it would also seem to be greatly related to FQ. Is POR much 'different'?

CSR... Well, it always seems like a strong contender, and it's location is right, but we're from the southwest and so spanish architecture throughout just doesn't fire me up. It seems from the pictures that different 'regions' have different interior colors, some of which are stretching a bit to my tastes.

LuLaSue

I agree Magnolia Terrace is the way to go. We just got back from there, the bus stop was right behind our building. Super Convienant and super pretty. They put us in a corner room so it was extra quiet. So nice!!!

Upvote 0

dixiegirl

LOVE POR!!! This is our fav resort stayed there many times in different buildings and locations... We love the bayou section..buildings 14, 16, and 18 are great! Make sure you check out piano man bob that plays in the lounge on certain nites..(great for the whole family)also be sure to eat at least once at Boatwrights restaurant at POR yummmmmmy banana stuffed french toast!!!!! Yes I co8uld go on and on about this resort!!!! Lots to do and see!!!

Upvote 0

teebin

A few photos:

por-beds.jpg

There are no bedside table lamps? Just those honkin wall sconces that light up the whole room??? Who has ever heard of a hotel room with no bedside table lamps?......

um.... I just went to the Disney site and looked at the other resort rooms. NONE of them have bedside table lamps. That is so CHEESY!

Upvote 0

LuLaSue

There are no bedside table lamps? Just those honkin wall sconces that light up the whole room??? Who has ever heard of a hotel room with no bedside table lamps?......

um.... I just went to the Disney site and looked at the other resort rooms. NONE of them have bedside table lamps. That is so CHEESY!

I am sorry but I don't see what is cheesy about it. They are functional lighting fixtures. You don't need to have them both on at the same time. :lookaroun

Upvote 0

csaribay

Keep in mind that the scones are on dimmers, and are individually controlled via a panel between the two beds. Functionally speaking, I think the scones are better- you can focus the light source and intensity as required, while a bedside lamp is very forced and set by nature. As you noted, this is a common trait at Disney resorts- even the flagship Grand Floridian makes use of scones over a bed-side lamp in guest rooms.

To each his own, however.

Upvote 0

teebin

well, the ones in the POR seem the worst of all of them, they are 6 feet up on the wall and have no shades, just big globes lighting up everything. Please take anothere look and reconsider. I have NEVER seen anything like this in any hotel I have ever stayed in. Looks like something they would do in Russia.

http://chrissaribay.com/misc/por-beds.jpg

Upvote 0

teebin

If its an issue for you than don't stay there!

Now now! This is a discussion board and I was discussing something that I observed from pictures posted here. No reason to be snitty and off subject!

Plus, I live in Kissimmee and my bedside table has a beautiful bronze and cloisonnee table lamp sitting on it. So, really no good reason to stay overnight on Disney property.

:wave:

Upvote 0

LuLaSue

Now now! This is a discussion board and I was discussing something that I observed from pictures posted here. No reason to be snitty and off subject!

Plus, I live in Kissimmee and my bedside table has a beautiful bronze and cloisonnee table lamp sitting on it. So, really no good reason to stay overnight on Disney property.

:wave:
Sorry didn't mean to be snitty, my matter of factness sometimes comes across a bit strong:eek: . I just think the rooms are functional and clean and to an extent quite quaint. It's not like home but its serves a purpose.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom