Which DTD hotel do you prefer?

jkraup

Planning a short budget conscious trip for Festival of the Masters and was looking at DTD hotels because of their proximity. Of the 7 which do you like best?

Thanks
If budget is your first concern, then I would check out the Best Western. Nothing fancy--fairly basic 2 bed room, clean and offers discounts. I space is a concern, then I would recommend DoubleTree Suites--right across the street--all rooms are suites w/refrig, microwave, coffee maker, separate living area w/table & 4 chairs. Staff are friendlier, kids get their own check in and the warm welcoming cookie is really good--as long as no one has a nut allergy. The Doubletree is renovating rooms and are almost complete. They started at the top and are working downward. I am going Nov. 24-Dec 3 and staying at Doubletree--just stayed there few months ago. Check out mousesaver.com web site for discounts, AAA, or AARP (if you are old enough). All hotels there charge resort fee (different prices) except Doubletree (as of this posting) but does charge for parking--not sure about Best Western. Area is nice and fairly safe but lots of traffic. Close to variety of restaurants, shopping, and mini golf (pirates cove).

MadMax11

I prefer the DoubleTree Guest Suites. All rooms are suites and the price is reasonable. They do NOT charge a resort fee (as of this posting) but DO charge for parking (self and valet). Stayed here x2 in the past 8 months and plan on staying again for 9 nights in November. Rates vary between $89 - $129 but have to look for discounts (AAA, AARP, etc.). Currently undergoing room renovations and should be done by December.
I'm staying there in June 2014, before checking into OKW. Thanks for the info!

The last two trips, I stayed at the Holiday Inn..the relatively newly remodeled tower. However, there's a conference of some type during the first week of June there next year, and they're already completely booked.

Blufusion

Thanks. I was looking at Buena Vista Palace but the reviews I read we're less than stellar.
The Buena Vista Palace is still stuck in the 80's it was nice at one time but that was maybe 26 years ago. I stayed there in 2003 for 6 days.The room they put us in smelt musty and it over looked the trash containers behind the building. I asked for another room. It took a long time for them to decide if they would. They had my money they didn't care. I got a package deal. Here's a little story we went in June of 2003. The next to last day at the hotel we went to AK the heat and humidity got me I had a small heart attack. We drove down from DC for the trip. Disney was great within 10 mins or so I was in Celebration Hospital being taken care of very well. The hotel didn't care that we had limited funds to get back to DC . The last day there was the last day there for them and us.Disney found out about this and even tho they didn't have too. They put my partner up for the 4 extra days we had to stay. They put him up in POFQ for those 4 days. Gave him 3 meals a day and transportation back and forth from the hospital. They did a great JOB. The BVP is a nice looking building. But it is stuck in the 80's and it will never be the same again. If I was to stay anywhere DTD. It would be the new Holiday Inn or at the Hilton.

Last edited:

SYRIK2000

Best Western is nice. Large rooms, nice dining options, shuttle to parks, lots of restaurant right outside Disney gate, merchandise outlet and a super market. Plus very close to DTD.

We stayed in the tower at the Wyndham two years ago and loved it! In my opinion, much better/nicer than staying at the all-star value resorts.. Very nice rooms (now the tower rooms cost a little more than non-tower rooms and I can't speak for those rooms) but our room was super nice and spacious, the pool area was great, it had on site character dining (that was a good bit cheaper than disney character dining), directly across from downtown disney, and a great bus system. We have absolutely no complaints. One pro to Hilton is the EMH but for me, I never utilize them (not getting up at 5am or staying til 2am lol).

We are staying at POP this December and am worried I am going to be disappointed in quality of resort compared to Wyndham but we got free dining so thats why we aren't stayed at the Wyndham.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom