Which DTD hotel do you prefer?

mickeymatt

Original Poster
Planning a short budget conscious trip for Festival of the Masters and was looking at DTD hotels because of their proximity. Of the 7 which do you like best?

Thanks

deanaandrich

Hilton is really nice but parking is expensive. Wyndham is nice. The Best Western is also nice for the budget minded and parking is free.

HollyAD

Stayed at the Clarion which is over in the Crossroads area close to DTD. It was just alright. It was half the price of a value resort. However, when I looked up pricing for some of the DTD hotels I found hidden fees which would almost make them as expensive as staying on property. $16 resort fee and then paying for parking takes the value away from staying of property.

mickeymatt

Original Poster
Thanks. I noticed on the reviews of Buena Vista Palace that the main complaint was a $21 a night resort fee. I feel that's a rip off. I'd rather them state what the room is all fees included.

HollyAD

Thanks. I noticed on the reviews of Buena Vista Palace that the main complaint was a $21 a night resort fee. I feel that's a rip off. I'd rather them state what the room is all fees included.
I agree I want to know what I'm paying upfront! My friends came to visit me while I was at WDW and stayed at the Wyndham. Same story with resort fees and parking fees. They we replaced in a room that was outside of the main building and wasnt half as nice. It was more like a motel actually. I would have been upset to pay fees and stay in what looked like a motel with rooms that weren't as nice.

Lisalyn

I'm staying at Best Western Lake Buena Vista for a week over the Thanksgiving holidays - 7 nights! Have never stayed there but I know mousesavers.com offers up discounted rates at times. I actually emailed the hotel on Facebook and mentioned I saw a discount but it didn't cover my dates, could they offer me the same price because I'd love to stay there. Not only did he offer me the same price..he put us on the TOP floor of the hotel, gave us a Disney view room AND threw in a microwave and fridge ($20 upgrades each) for nothing more. I was excited and we cannot WAIT to stay there! They went above and beyond and to me that is great customer service. They also rated above average on trip advisor, AAA and hotels.com if that helps.

Ariel1986

I've stayed at the Best Western 3 times- it's cheap and cheerful when you need to budget, and if you have a "Disney Fireworks View" it really is quite a thing to look out on the whole of Disney World from the balcony! Definitely makes up for the slightly dated decor and basic amenities.
I'd definitely recommend it though as the prices are good, the customer service is pretty good and like I said if you can get a balcony (we've been "upgraded" twice without even asking) it's not a bad deal on a budget! Too me it still feels like you're "in" Disney when you can look out over it all- plus walk to DTD :)

*Edited to add they do have a $11.99 a night resort fee and charge for a fridge or microwave if you want one in your room but I still think the overall price is not too bad.

deanaandrich

When I've reserved the best western from Expedia, the resort fee has always been 10 bucks. Parking is free. I'm always upgraded when I check in. It's a good deal.
Wyndham has a groupon right now. It tells you the different prices for the tower rooms vs outside rooms. The resort fee is in the fine print.

NiarrNDisney

My absolute favorite is the Hilton! Not only is it a beautiful resort but it also has great assortment of dining, awesome pools, and the best addition for staying there is you get EMH!

ExRoadie

When I've reserved the best western from Expedia, the resort fee has always been 10 bucks. Parking is free. I'm always upgraded when I check in. It's a good deal.
Wyndham has a groupon right now. It tells you the different prices for the tower rooms vs outside rooms. The resort fee is in the fine print.
Not a fan of the Wyndham "tower" rooms since you have to use the elevator. I prefer rooms in the sunset section facing the inside.

Check out olohotels.com for rates before booking. I've recently been using them to get the rock bottom price then calling the hotel or their reservation service and challenging them to match that rate. I haven't been turned down once on a rate match for recent business travel even to some vacation destinations.

jkraup

Planning a short budget conscious trip for Festival of the Masters and was looking at DTD hotels because of their proximity. Of the 7 which do you like best?

Thanks
I prefer the DoubleTree Guest Suites. All rooms are suites and the price is reasonable. They do NOT charge a resort fee (as of this posting) but DO charge for parking (self and valet). Stayed here x2 in the past 8 months and plan on staying again for 9 nights in November. Rates vary between $89 - $129 but have to look for discounts (AAA, AARP, etc.). Currently undergoing room renovations and should be done by December.

WDW95

The Hilton the only DD hotel which shares on property benefits like EMH etc. How they pulled it off is a mystery but there it is

It is because the hotel was built by Tishman Construction, who also built the Swan and Dolphin. Tishman helped construct Epcot and as part of the deal they got the right to construct a certain number of hotel rooms on WDW property. I guess as part of their agreement Disney would have to extend it's resort benefits to Tishman's hotels too. Shades of Green is the only other non-Disney hotel to get Disney Resort benefits.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom