Where is everyone from?

Songbird76

Colorado Springs is a very nice place. My oldest Daughter attended Colorado College for 4 years. She also met her husband there. Beautiful place, but, none of us, including her husband who is a native of CS has any real desire to live there anymore. Red Rocks and Pikes Peak are great. There is a small suspension bridge that goes over a gorge that is not to far away that was the highlight of my trip, unfortunately no one else's. What with its quaint wooded floor that was still being driven over while you stand on it. The thing shakes like crazy and you can see between the wooden slats down to the canyon floor which reminds me of the old Road Runner cartoons. You look down and a full sized train looks about the same size as an earthworm. I can't remember the name of the bridge right now, but, you probably know which one I'm talking about. I think it was one of the first suspension bridges ever built.
CSU?? They are our rivals in football at my alma mater! Those games used to get violent. I avoided them like the plague. I remember our marching band having bottles thrown at them...and I remember one year fans rushed the field, and somehow managed to remove a goal post and tried to run it through the crowd....several people were hospitalized. I do hope it's gotten more civilized since I graduated 15 years ago!

Edited to add:
It IS a beautiful city though. I have friends who live there now. Fort Collins is awesome, too.

Goofyernmost

CSU?? They are our rivals in football at my alma mater! Those games used to get violent. I avoided them like the plague. I remember our marching band having bottles thrown at them...and I remember one year fans rushed the field, and somehow managed to remove a goal post and tried to run it through the crowd....several people were hospitalized. I do hope it's gotten more civilized since I graduated 15 years ago!

Edited to add:
It IS a beautiful city though. I have friends who live there now. Fort Collins is awesome, too.
I might be misunderstanding your post, but, CSU (Colorado State University) and Colorado College are two different schools. So I'm not sure if you're telling me that you went to CSU or if you thought Colorado College was CSU. Doesn't really matter, but, I am trying to understand what you are telling me.

Last edited:

NiarrNDisney

Colorado Springs is a very nice place. My oldest Daughter attended Colorado College for 4 years. She also met her husband there. Beautiful place, but, none of us, including her husband who is a native of CS has any real desire to live there anymore. Red Rocks and Pikes Peak are great. There is a small suspension bridge that goes over a gorge that is not to far away that was the highlight of my trip, unfortunately no one else's. What with its quaint wooded floor that was still being driven over while you stand on it. The thing shakes like crazy and you can see between the wooden slats down to the canyon floor which reminds me of the old Road Runner cartoons. You look down and a full sized train looks about the same size as an earthworm. I can't remember the name of the bridge right now, but, you probably know which one I'm talking about. I think it was one of the first suspension bridges ever built.

Yes Colorado Springs is beautiful however it is going through a population boom and it seems to grow larger everyday. I find myself driving around wondering where I am more times than not and there are areas of town I haven't even been in.
As for the bride your speaking of I'm pretty sure you are talking about the Royal Gorge http://royalgorgebridge.com/ however as you can see it is no longer a wooden bridge.

Last edited:

NiarrNDisney

Edited to add:

I might be misunderstanding your post, but, CSU (Colorado State University) and Colorado College are two different schools. So I'm not sure if you're telling me that you went to CSU or if you thought Colorado College was CSU. Doesn't really matter, but, I am trying to understand what you are telling me.

Maybe I can clear this up

Yes CSU is Colorado State University which is located in Fort Collins and in Durango

UC University of Colorado is another big school with a few locations their main being in Boulder

UNC University of Northern Colorado in Greely

CC or Colorado College located in Colorado Springs is a private liberal art school sometimes considered a "Art Ivy League"

There are two other big schools located here in Colorado Springs
UCCS - Univesity of Colorado/Colorado Springs largest branch outside of Boulder and growing rapidly
USAF - United States Air Force Academy

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

Yes Colorado Springs is beautiful however it is going through a population boom and it seems to grow larger everyday. I find myself driving around wondering where I am more times than not and there are areas of town I haven't even been in.
As for the bride your speaking of I'm pretty sure you are talking about the Royal Gorge http://royalgorgebridge.com/ however as you can see it is no longer a wooden bridge.
It might be, but, nothing about that bridge reminds me of the one I'm thinking about. The one I am referring to was a relatively short one over a narrow part of the ravine. The bridge was metal but the flooring was wooden. I'm sure it must be there like it was because it was considered historical.

Goofyernmost

Maybe I can clear this up

Yes CSU is Colorado State University which is located in Fort Collins and in Durango

UC University of Colorado is another big school with a few locations their main being in Boulder

UNC University of Northern Colorado in Greely

CC or Colorado College located in Colorado Springs is a private liberal art school sometimes considered a "Art Ivy League"

There are two other big schools located here in Colorado Springs
UCCS - Univesity of Colorado/Colorado Springs largest branch outside of Boulder and growing rapidly
USAF - United States Air Force Academy
I'm talking only about CC... Colorado College. It may or may not be Art Ivy League, I just know I paid a fortune for four years of education where she got a degree in geology and after graduating went into computer programing. I'm not sure she can still tell one stone from the other. :)

NiarrNDisney

I'm talking only about CC... Colorado College. It may or may not be Art Ivy League, I just know I paid a fortune for four years of education where she got a degree in geology and after graduating went into computer programing. I'm not sure she can still tell one stone from the other. :)

Yep that sounds like CC! I believe it something like $50k a year now!

Songbird76

Oh you're right...I was mixing them up. I don't know why I was thinking CSU was in Colorado Springs. I don't even understand the rivalry...I always thought it was ridiculous. I still hope it's more civilized now!!

Goofyernmost

Transplanted Buckeye living Upstate NY.
That's a location description that always amuses me. I was born in New York State, 20 miles from the Canadian border on the eastern most border of the state. When I hear people say that they are from upstate New York it just makes me have to ask. Really, they are talking about just north of NYC? Hardly upstate, just a tiny bit above the city, there are around 300 more miles to really get to Upstate New York, so that begs the question... what part of upstate New York are you from? ;):)

That's a location description that always amuses me. I was born in New York State, 20 miles from the Canadian border on the eastern most border of the state. When I hear people say that they are from upstate New York it just makes me have to ask. Really, they are talking about just north of NYC? Hardly upstate, just a tiny bit above the city, there are around 300 more miles to really get to Upstate New York, so that begs the question... what part of upstate New York are you from? ;):)

Rochester...which to me is middle NY. But if I say that, the hubby always corrects me.

Goofyernmost

Rochester...which to me is middle NY. But if I say that, the hubby always corrects me.
You are correct... he is wrong and unable to read a map. Is he from NYC or just been listening to someone who is?;):)

To a New York City-ite, NYC is the center of the Universe and all other locations, no matter where on the planet they happen to be, are Upstate New York or Western New York, Southern New York or the Ocean. OK, once in the while they acknowledge the existence of Long Island, but, that is only because they have relatives that live there.:joyfull:

You are correct... he is wrong and unable to read a map. Is he from NYC or just been listening to someone who is?;):)

To a New York City-ite, NYC is the center of the Universe and all other locations, no matter where on the planet they happen to be, are Upstate New York or Western New York, Southern New York or the Ocean. OK, once in the while they acknowledge the existence of Long Island, but, that is only because they have relatives that live there.:joyfull:

And I love when you say you are from New York, people automatically assume you're from the city. I always want to remind them that NY is a state too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom