Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

Goofyernmost

I'm not going to stop doing things because something happened to someone someplace else. Those incidents are not all that common. It seems that way because people tend to relate an illness to the last place that they were eating when in reality it was likely from a couple of days before. There really has to be a number of people having the same problem after being there at the same general time to be truly classified as the source. Even then once it is discovered and the problem corrected, it is just as safe as any place you can think of, maybe more, because they are VERY aware by that time.

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member
I'm not going to stop doing things because something happened to someone someplace else. Those incidents are not all that common. It seems that way because people tend to relate an illness to the last place that they were eating when in reality it was likely from a couple of days before. There really has to be a number of people having the same problem after being there at the same general time to be truly classified as the source. Even then once it is discovered and the problem corrected, it is just as safe as any place you can think of, maybe more, because they are VERY aware by that time.
I think you're right. After all the negative publicity, they are probably the safest place to eat right now. Hopefully all the corrective actions they put in place will continue in the future and keep them from having a reoccurrence.

Nemo14

I still won't set foot in a Golden Coral.

Goofyernmost

I still won't set foot in a Golden Coral.
Well, that's understandable, because as you said it was confirmed and those types of experiences are not easily put out of the mind. Chances are though that you could go to one everyday for the rest of your life and never have that problem again. It is one of our human tendencies of survival... stay away from something that has done you harm.:)

Goofyernmost

I have a confession to make concerning Golden Corral. For the first time in my 68 years, about three weeks ago I made my first formal complaint about food ever and it was directed at GC. As I said the headquarters is only a few miles away from here so you kind of expect that they will be on their toes when it is so easy for someone from the company to just show up.

My main complaint was the Fried Chicken that I spoke of earlier. I stopped in for lunch one day when I was near a GC. It was 20 minutes after 12 noon. The Chicken was so dry I could hardly swallow it. Then I started looking around. Those of you from the north probably realize that southern food can be different and sometimes undefinable, so GC usually labels all their items so that people know what they are looking at. I mean who wants to be surprised by Chittlin's and Okra. Anyway, only about 10% of the items had been labeled. There was a lot of mystery meat to be had. The mashed potatoes more closely resembled the flour paste we used to make as kids. Many of the veggies were cooked to an inch of their lives. I went for a dessert at the end and got a small slice of blueberry pie and some jello. The pie filling was dry and stretchy like tar and the jello actually required chewing. That stuff had been out there for a while.

So far I've had no reply from them (like they implied I would get) since that time, so they have probably lost yet another customer, at least for the time being. I guess they are to busy coming up with a more expensive weekend menu (featuring Prime Rib) to bother with the daily stuff. I'll let you know if I ever do get a reply.

PS. Nothing made me ill, however, my heart was sick about it. :(:cry:

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom