Where in the World Isn't Bob Saget?

Lucky

The administration sent all faculty at a local university an e-mail saying "as grades are released we are getting a flurry of calls from parents upset with their child's undergraduate grades. Please do not discuss anything about a student with their parents."

I assume that applies for graduate school and law school students too.

meyeet

The administration sent all faculty at a local university an e-mail saying "as grades are released we are getting a flurry of calls from parents upset with their child's undergraduate grades. Please do not discuss anything about a student with their parents."

I assume that applies for graduate school and law school students too.
If the parent pays the tuition they should have full access to everything the student does at the University.

Same for medical records. Why do I have to get permission from my 12 year old to view their medical records?

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
It would be too messy though for professors to have to deal with parents' complaints about grades.
As a high school basketball coach, Hubby refuses to speak to parents - especially if it's about playing time. He just tells them - your son is old enough to drive, will be graduating this year (or next); if he's not happy with his playing time, he can come to me.

He starts every season with this speech. It's astounding how many times/year he has to repeat it.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
As a high school basketball coach, Hubby refuses to speak to parents - especially if it's about playing time. He just tells them - your son is old enough to drive, will be graduating this year (or next); if he's not happy with his playing time, he can come to me.

He starts every season with this speech. It's astounding how many times/year he has to repeat it.

I am surprised parents are brave enough to confront him about that. He would tower over me! :p

spacemt354

Chili's
It would be too messy though for professors to have to deal with parents' complaints about grades.
Most of the professors at my school might laugh at the thought of a parent complaining about the grade

They offer pretty much 24/7 email, and you can schedule office hours monday-friday, and free tutors. I think if we don't take the initiative to improve we shouldn't be there in the first place.

Goofyernmost

If the parent pays the tuition they should have full access to everything the student does at the University.
There comes a time when parents have to let go and stop running block for their kids. College is that time. They are given responsibility to create their own opportunities and an interfering parent will stop development faster then anything. If a parent doesn't want to pay for tuition, then don't, there are other avenues, but, that doesn't buy access to everything that their, basically grown up, child is doing. It is their responsibility. If they fail then they are going to have to answer to the parent that paid the bill. College is supposed to be a learning experience. What better learning experience is there then to know that what they do independently cannot always be "fixed" by their mommy and daddy.

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
I know you guys think we eat out a lot (not for more than a month though :jawdrop:), but it's really not much cheaper to eat at home.

Apparently beef prices are on their way down, but it's going to take a few months to filter down to the consumer level.

In the meantime, this is what I just paid for two packages of 3 x half-decent strip loin steaks:

image.jpeg

betty rose

I know you guys think we eat out a lot (not for more than a month though :jawdrop:), but it's really not much cheaper to eat at home.

Apparently beef prices are on their way down, but it's going to take a few months to filter down to the consumer level.

In the meantime, this is what I just paid for two packages of 3 x half-decent strip loin steaks:

View attachment 140781
I agree. Hubby and I go to McDonald's and get two egg biscuits for two dollars. We go to KFC, once in a while and get two orders of chicken and fries, for six dollars. I can't cook at home for that.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
38df803c6505c77c521e7c6e6e7bc834.jpg

Everyone at work was laughing at this today! :joyfull:

Nemo14

We went to a couple of state parks today down by the Everglades. The first one had a nice boardwalk to get us over the swamp, and it was really quite nice. We saw a few birds there and some gators. Here are a couple of babies we saw:

168f697c9b8a2f0050af200193ae003ab347006e.jpg

The next park was basically a drive through the wilderness. It was really neat except for the huge ruts, puddles, and frequent gators in the road. I was thinking about how a certain Sageteer would have loved it.

4588aa4aa783c2f3251d3bad646fad216489d743.jpg

f0504e81571133149db589b289107b3cde20e322.jpg

64a0c541b38db3e31be82c4f8e71f46d986a3f28.jpg

142fe80121bc2ec9d8256c0d9a8af01e00fec80f.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom