Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cesar R M

hOaLBn8.jpg

9zLz6.gif

KTqZ3FO.gif

StarWarsGirl

This upcharging trend is really getting on my nerves lately. The fact that they are charging close to a day's admission to the parks for this little cupcake, singalong, etc. event, just screams at me that they're trying to nickel and dime guests as much as they can. No thanks. I'm not a fan of this little event to begin with, but really--if they lowered the charge to $50, at least that wouldn't be as bad. (I'd still never pay it, but that's just me.) I really think that the price should not exceed $30, for those people who really want to attend.

Now, I know that there will be people that will spend this kind of money on their family, but many park guests don't have that "extra" $89, per person. Let's say, for a family of 4, that's $356 !! (Or, if the 2 kiddos are 3 - 9 years old, their price is $59; so for a family of 4 with 2 adults, and 2 younger kids, that's still $296.00!) Yup. Hope they enjoy their cupcakes . . .
Supply and demand. As long as they can fill the events with people who are willing to pay that much and fill those shows (and there is limited seating per show in the sing along) then they will keep the price that high. Decrease it too much, and you'll get more people than you can take and then you don't have enough supply to equal the demand. And you lose money. It's a smart way to make money.

Still, that's a lot of money. I was willing to pay $10 to go ice skating. 30 minutes was fine. But that was by myself. I would not be willing to pay that for a better seat to the sing along and a few desserts, as I'm sure most here wouldn't either. But obviously there are those that would. I wish I had that much money burning a hole in my pocket

donaldtoo

Supply and demand. As long as they can fill the events with people who are willing to pay that much and fill those shows (and there is limited seating per show in the sing along) then they will keep the price that high. Decrease it too much, and you'll get more people than you can take and then you don't have enough supply to equal the demand. And you lose money. It's a smart way to make money.

Still, that's a lot of money. I was willing to pay $10 to go ice skating. 30 minutes was fine. But that was by myself. I would not be willing to pay that for a better seat to the sing along and a few desserts, as I'm sure most here wouldn't either. But obviously there are those that would. I wish I had that much money burning a hole in my pocket

Yep, and it's not like it's a necessity item/service, either.
As frustrating as it can be, as long as the thing is sellin' out at that price, there's certainly no reason to lower it. If nothin' else, they'll probably raise it at some point if it's that successful. They'd be stupid not to.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Made Tortilla Soup for the first time for lunch today. Turned out so good. I would have taken a picture but sadly it isn't pretty, the color alone.....so I served my DD her lunch in a pretty dark bowl.

Up for dinner, chicken wraps. Whole chicken roasted cooked and pulled. Celery, shallots, tomatoes, cucumber, red and yellow sweet peppers sliced and diced. Bacon cooked and chopped. Bought the shredded cheese. Just wish I had time to make Cesar's dough, store bought instead. 40 minutes 'till dinner.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I can parallel park. Obviously, since it's on the test and I have a drivers' license. They teach you how to parallel park in drivers' ed now. My mom's car is also really easy to parallel park. She drives an SUV, so all you have to know is where the front end is (which is easy to see) and the back end is where the back window is. You're allowed to hit the curb in the test (which I did) but you are not allowed to hit the cone. I have to parallel park my car in the driveway (except no other cars around), and my junior year of high school I also had to parallel park in the street (senior year I had a parking permit to park in the Senior lot). I also have to parallel park if I pick my brother up from school. My car is a bit more of a challenge than my mom's but I can do it. I just usually end up further from the curb than in her car

Well, there's one in every crowd. ;) We seem to have an expert on parallel parking here. Just when I was feeling a bit secure about not feeling like a lone dork, because others can't parallel park either . . . StarWarsGirl shares that she an expert at this, and practically a NASCAR driver! :jawdrop: :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom