Where in the World is Bob Saget?

Status
Not open for further replies.

donaldtoo

Sans the 3 badges at the top of the grill, this 1929 Ford Model A Phaeton is an exact replica of my grandfathers, green paint, black and yellow trim, black ragtop and all...!!! :joyfull: :)

Edit: Here's a larger pic...

5164009795_0aeaa3eeb9_z.jpg

Last edited:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Innoventions perhaps?

I've googled and also searched this sights archives. I'm not finding any annimatronics that kicks a ball, speaks in multiple languages and moves that freely around. Or anything that close in 2005 at Disneyland. I'm sure @Goofyernmost will post us the links.

Japan normally doesn't do a press conference for 10 year old technology that was deployed by other major corporations a decade ago at a press conference before foreign leaders and worldwide press.

donaldtoo

Yeah we have had both good and bad storms too. We woke to one at POR and it had knocked the main building out no food service, it was Christmas and before coffee pots in room. I packed a 4 cup perker in my suitcase and since we had power in our building I made coffee for us, hot cocco for the kids and then coffee for my folks in the next room. DH got coke for him, and odd breakfast, cookies and stuff like that, kids loved it, Grandparents not so much, lol. Worst trap was under the bridge of Splash Mountain, blew in while we were on Splash.

When we see storms a come'n we have our favorites. When the kids were small it was upstairs in Imagination or the Seas (the original). Ellen and WoL were also good hide outs. We like Pirates to hang at or re-ride. I don't think we've ever been trapped at AK thank goodness. World Showcase if there was time we headed to Mexico or Japan's store. This trip was a longer trip for us and we only had rain one day, while at Epcot we ducked in during one huge downpour in the new bakery in France, doesn't have as much seating as photo's make it seem. We got a seat, then I got DD and I hot tea and coffee for me and we camped for about 45 minutes. We had stalkers hoovering over us but we were not bidging later we as I said got saved in Toy. When we were done with the Studios the rain had pretty much stopped, we headed to AK that was open late, it was about 5pm and we walked onto everything. Right onto the Safari, Dino and Everest. The sun poked out and I got some real good photo's around the park that I'm generally to hot to bother taking.

Our Safari was amazing after the rain for the most part (some animals were lining up to be taken up stage by their back gates. The zebras were acting up again, always entertaining, but the best was the 2 lioness ladies atop the rock having a little dual while the King of the Mountain sat on his role tushie enjoying the entertainment.

Rain is such a mess up to plans but the stories are great.

Pretty sure I've posted this one before, but, the one I remember the most was during our second WDW trip with the kiddos in July of '04. We had to duck into Innoventions East 'cause it started to come down so hard. Once it got up to full force it was pretty intense, but we're pretty used to that down here (or, at least we used to be when our spring weather pattern was normal), so it was more interesting to watch those that had, apparently, never witnessed somethin' like that before. Every time the doors would slide open the rain would be blowin' horizontal through them and the lighting and thunder were goin' like crazy. Many children weeping and screamin' and even some adults. I remember some guests givin' us funny looks 'cause we didn't seem to be too concerned.

Cesar R M

For my car, I'm using the Wiener Mobile.
speaking of cars...
I selected Lightning McQueen..

and regarding "Cars"... Something funny to mention:

There is this guy in town who has the same pickup as Tow Mater (including the stickers and damage but sans the eyes or mouth detail) going around.. seen it twice (and its a real tow truck).

Goofyernmost

Innoventions perhaps?
That's the word that was blocking out for me. Innoventions!

I've googled and also searched this sights archives. I'm not finding any annimatronics that kicks a ball, speaks in multiple languages and moves that freely around. Or anything that close in 2005 at Disneyland. I'm sure @Goofyernmost will post us the links.

Japan normally doesn't do a press conference for 10 year old technology that was deployed by other major corporations a decade ago at a press conference before foreign leaders and worldwide press.
The voice comes from backstage. Same technology as Crush, I believe.

NYwdwfan

Ecto-1 for me this weekend

That was my backup! Great flicks. I will never forget the time my (then) 6 year old came walking out of the den with his school backpack on and carrying a gator golf club and proclaimed, "We came, we saw, we kicked it's @$$".

Clearly I forgot the language that accompanies a Bill Murry/Dan Ackroyd movie from the 80's when I borrowed it from the library for him. :banghead:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
That's the word that was blocking out for me. Innoventions!

The voice comes from backstage. Same technology as Crush, I believe.

Ahhh. A voice from behind a current is very different than the animatronic robot that does his stuff 'on stage' all while moving around. If you remember we were discussing animatronics being 'last week' for on stage at attraction.

I still contend Disney is falling behind in the animatronic circle where they use to be the leader. Projections are cool I'll give you that but I'll take the inside of Splash Mountain over the Under the Seas projections any day or for that matter the behind the curtain off stage voices of Laugh and Crush. They are cute but hardly a "Wow."

Goofyernmost

Ahhh. A voice from behind a current is very different than the animatronic robot that does his stuff 'on stage' all while moving around. If you remember we were discussing animatronics being 'last week' for on stage at attraction.

I still contend Disney is falling behind in the animatronic circle where they use to be the leader. Projections are cool I'll give you that but I'll take the inside of Splash Mountain over the Under the Seas projections any day or for that matter the behind the curtain off stage voices of Laugh and Crush. They are cute but hardly a "Wow."
I agree that the really primitive 2 dimensional projections used a lot by Disney are kindergartenesk and not impressive. The newer 3 dimensional looking ones that are out there are awesome. There is still a place for animatronics, but, considering the cost to build and maintain them, they will eventually be a dying breed. Animatronics and robots are the same thing to me. If they can take a Disney animatronic and make it free moving then they will have something, but until then... not as impressive as they once were.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom