What's your next resort to try?

draybook

Just curious to see which resort you folks are trying next. So far we've stayed at Pop, All star Music and POFQ. Before we checked out this year we booked a bounce back at Animal Kingdom Lodge. We'll be there from August 31st until September 9th.

We're trying to plan a second trip down there at the beginning of December and we're probably going to try renting DVC points and I'm wanting to try either the Boardwalk or Beach Club to be near my dear Epcot.

How about you folks, which resort are you trying for the first time?

draybook

Original Poster
As a child poly, contemporary, grand Floridian, and golf resorts. As an adult, Caribbean, poly, wilderness, and most recently boardwalk.

Our next stay is at the dolphin hotel. Always wanted to try and we got a great rate in high season for a conference we are attending there.

I really want to stay at the animal lodge. But the location is mediocre at best.

Yeah, that's my only gripe about staying at AKL.

Upvote 0

tsaintc

I have stayed at:

All Stars - Movies, Music and Sports
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Art of Animation
Beach Club Resort
Boardwalk Resort and Villas
Caribbean Beach Resort
Contemporary
Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort
Disney's Vero Beach Resort
Grand Floridian
Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek
POP Century
Port Orleans - French Quarter
Port Orleans - Riverside and Dixie Landings
Wilderness Lodge and Villas

I will be staying at Old Key West in December for the first time. Always wanted to try the Polynesian, but will definitely hold off until refurb is complete.

Upvote 0

TXDisney

Just did the Boardwalk about 6 weeks ago. We did PO and GF he trip before that. Next trip I want to try either the contemporary at bay lake tower or beach club.

Upvote 0
I've stayed at Coronado, The Contemporary, AKL, Fort Wilderness Campgrounds, Yacht Club, and OKW. My parents and I are staying at the GF over Christmas and then we want to try to get to the Poly. :)

Upvote 0

75disney

I have stayed at CR, Poly, GF, PORS, POFQ, CB, CSR, WL, and AS. BC is on my bucket list, but in terms of finances, AKL will most likely be our next stay.

Upvote 0

KCheatle

We've stayed at a few: Contemp, Pop, CS, and then the WL for the last few visits. I'm ready to try something new. I was really excited to stay at Beach Club next time, but the main reason I want to stay there is Stormalong bay. I'm afraid it will be under refurb when we are planning to go next. Unless they refurb it right away this winter, I'm assuming they won't refurb it until after the summer, and we're planning to go in November of 2015. So, I'm not sure what to do?? I guess I could just book and then move if we find out later that it is under... but so much of what we do ADR-wise is based on where we're staying. So, I don't know...

Upvote 0

draybook

Original Poster
Renting DVC points for the first time and staying at BLT with MK View. Check in Monday the 3rd. Can't wait!!!!!
Stayed AKL savannah view a few years back, by far my favorite resort!

Please do share pictures when you get back. That would probably be my #1 wish list item as far as resorts.

Upvote 0

draybook

Original Poster
We've stayed at a few: Contemp, Pop, CS, and then the WL for the last few visits. I'm ready to try something new. I was really excited to stay at Beach Club next time, but the main reason I want to stay there is Stormalong bay. I'm afraid it will be under refurb when we are planning to go next. Unless they refurb it right away this winter, I'm assuming they won't refurb it until after the summer, and we're planning to go in November of 2015. So, I'm not sure what to do?? I guess I could just book and then move if we find out later that it is under... but so much of what we do ADR-wise is based on where we're staying. So, I don't know...

I want to stay at Beach Club because I :inlove: EPCOT.

Upvote 0

KCheatle

I want to stay at Beach Club because I :inlove: EPCOT.

That's another reason - it's right in between the parks my DH, kids and I love most now. For awhile, it was all about MK. Now they are more into the Epcot rides, the DHS rides, and the pool. So, BC seemed ideal with Stormalong Bay. But, if that's being refurbed, then we're gonna have to go elsewhere until it's up and running again.

Upvote 0

JohnD

Been working through the values recently. Stayed at Pop last week and booked ASMovies for 11/29-12/3.

Have also stayed at ASSports, ASMusic, CSR, CBR, and POFQ.

Upvote 0

JillC LI

If we are being conservative, our next trip will be to either POFQ or POR. If we decide to splurge, it will be to one of the Boardwalk resorts, probably YC.

Upvote 0

Glasgow

Just got back from YC and I'd say its probably our favorite now (after that is WL/AKL - those are tied!) - the pool along with proximity to EP, DHS and the BW just add up for us since we have fairly young kids. Walking back to EP for the fireworks almost justifies the extra cost for me :)

Our next endeavor will likely be Contemporary I think. I don't think the kids have ever been on the monorail after eight trips (never really needed to!) so this seems like a good fit. Wish there was a bit more theming but I suppose the location and the monorail make the resort what it is.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

minniemickeyfan

Like to try Animal Kingdom Lodge sometime, although its kind of far from everything, but its seems spectacular when we've gone to Boma!
We've been to all the All Stars, Pop, AofA Little Mermaid, POR, POFQ, CB, and FW Cabins.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom