What's the longest time you've vacationed at WDW?

DisneyJunkie

Original Poster
I've seen some people say they've been there 2-3 weeks, others about 10 days, and probably the norm of about a week. For me, it's usually just about a week, though I'd like to push that to about 10 days at one point or another. 2-3 weeks just seems a bit excessive (not to mention out of this world expensive) to me (even if the basic thought of being there that time and away from the problems of daily life is very appealing).

How long was/is your longest stay?

belledream

My family pushed two weeks when I was a kid. It was awesome. We had time to do all these off-the-grid activities that I've never found time for again. Thanks Hurricane Charlie!

surfsupdon

We had a 9night/10 day stay over an elongated Easter Break back in the mid 90s. With 6day tickets, we had a full 4 days for RELAXTION at Caribbean Beach. It was awesome.

But now that I have excessively been going, I much prefer a 4 night, 5 day stay. Wih plenty of relaxing time.

Livialovesdisney

Only a couple a days staying at the resort, but I have been a lot, and sometimes we don't even go to WDW. We will just stay at one of the resorts! Sometimes that is vacation enough :)

Tinkerbella16

The longest was 7 nights/8 days. Usually our trips our 6 nights, 7 days. This year will mark my longest. I am booked for 9 nights/10 days and I cannot wait!!!!!

MMDDGPCDC

6 weeks in Orlando. 2 and a half at Disney, around 2 weeks at Universal and the rest on International Drive. Being British this is considered a long time!

copcarguyp71

8 days...and for us it was enough. We were burnt out and ready to sleep in our own beds again by that point. If we go back we are thinking a split stay between Disney and the park whose name shall not be spoken.

Nero the dog

I think most of the people staying for 2 weeks will be European. It's a long way to travel and to stay for a short period of time does not make any sense.
For anyone crossing the pond, the airfare is the biggest part of the cost, so to stay an extra few nights does not seem to add much more to the overall cost of the trip.
Another thing to bear in mind is that in general our Employement laws and practice means that we generally get much more paid time off from work. In my own case I get nearly 7weeks paid holidays a year. So even taking 2/3 weeks to visit WDW still leaves plenty for other trips.

Hopperfan

We live 8 hours away. We are AP holders, some of us PAP and some regular AP. Some of us are at WDW 5-6 weeks per year in total. About 60/40 Onsite and Offsite. We do at least one long trip per year and it is usually 10 days. We upped it and tried some 12 day trips but found that tipped the scale on our energy level. We also do 4-5 day trips and find ourselves completely exhausted because we try to get much crammed in to those days. IF I were to do a 2+ week trip I would include many down/rest days.

KDiS88

When my sisters and I were younger we would stay for 3 weeks every summer, some days not doing much but hanging out by the pool for some rest, now we try to stay for 2 weeks at the most.

JIMINYCR

2 weeks usually but I have unfortunately been forced to take shorter trips due to life and work butting in with my Disney time. Oh how fun it would be to be free and wealthy enough to stay as long as I wanted to. But for now my longest time has been 2 weeks.

inchy warrior

3 weeks at POFQ in 2013 and returning for 3 weeks 30th October. Up until then we have done 2 weeks and we found the extra week we could take our time more and relax.
In that wealso do Universal, Seaworld and Busch Gardens :D

Susan Savia

We are annual pass holders and stay for 2 weeks. We go twice a year. We take one or two days off from the parks to visit other places in the area.

Kman

We live in Canada and have an 18 hour drive to Orlando. When we go with our kids like this past summer we normally stay 12-13 nights in the cabins at Fort Wilderness. We did 12 this year and it was SOOO nice. Although the temperatures were nearly unbearable we spent a lot of time hanging out at the pool (for me under the trees) or just lounging in the water. We had 10 day passes and used them a number of time for relatively shorts visits to the parks. Other days we spent all day in a given park. I love being in Disney that long...I actually am ready to go home after that length of time. My wife and I were there for 3 nights just recently and it felt very short (we were elsewhere in Florida for an additional 5 nights prior to Disney). Guess it might depend on how far you have to travel.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom