What's on the tube?

jkl2000

Original Poster
I'm actually really surprised I haven't seen a thread about this yet: I'm just wondering what the TV offerings are like at the WDW resorts these days. If they're the same as at any other hotel, 'nuff said. But back in 1974 (or whenever it was!) when we stayed at the Contemporary, my brothers and I thought it was pretty cool that there was this "special" channel that had some info about WDW on it - I really can't remember what info they even had. It might even have been specific to the Contemporary.

So I'm wondering what kind of info specific to WDW they might have on the resort TV offerings, and if as far as movies in the rooms they favor Disney movies for in-room movies.

I'm actually expecting that somewhere out there there's a "WDW Resort TV" web page where someone has collected just this kind of info...

jkl2000

Original Poster
^ Thanks, knew it was out there somewhere? Any idea of if the PPV movies include many Disney/Pixar titles?
I don't expect the TV to be on much, but checking out those WDW-specific channels could be fun, and I could see the kids wanting to watch a movie or two.

I should have pointed out in my OP that my grandmother's condo building had a camera in the lobby which you could watch on your TV so when guests arrived they could be buzzed in, and we thought it was fun to watch that on the TV too, so...your mileage may vary! :)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
^ Thanks, knew it was out there somewhere? Any idea of if the PPV movies include many Disney/Pixar titles?
I don't expect the TV to be on much, but checking out those WDW-specific channels could be fun, and I could see the kids wanting to watch a movie or two.

I should have pointed out in my OP that my grandmother's condo building had a camera in the lobby which you could watch on your TV so when guests arrived they could be buzzed in, and we thought it was fun to watch that on the TV too, so...your mileage may vary! :)

No idea. I am simply not in the room that much and the TV is on primarily when I sleep.

Tuvalu

Premium Member

I am fairly certain there are no PPV movies offered. And most of the WDW-specific channels are infomercials about DVC, DCL and Adventures by Disney. And of course there's the Stacy channel, describing all the attractions at the theme parks.

We stay on property several times a year and do watch the TV.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Thanks Master Yoda, noticed PPV is available at the Swan and Dolphin. We have never stayed there.

Correct. Since S&D are not actual Disney resorts they operate off of a different TV service provider. I still think it might be some form of Direct TV, but it is a good bit different than what you will see at the Disney resorts.

jkl2000

Original Poster
I see, I scrolled too far down. No, looks like no PPV, but the Disney channel, etc. ought to be fine.

tare

Must do disney channel is my daughters favorite. She watches it over and over right before bed and in the morning while getting ready. Otherwise we don't watch TV. TV isn't for vacation.

tikiman

When they changed the TV listings last year this is what it changed to.

In addition to the current channels, guests will have access to:
• Fox News
• Bravo
• AMC
• National Geographic
• TBS &TNT
• Travel Channel
• WE tv
• Syfy
• Discovery
• Bio
• HGTV
• TLC
• History
• Food Network
• TV Land

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom